Full Council meeting, 05/04/2022 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE & WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes for a meeting of the Council taking place on Tuesday 5th April 2022 at 7.15 pm at the Methodist Hall, Bridge Street, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior (AP) Councillors: Barton (DB), Blake (AB), Cannon (OC), Keogh-Bywater (MKB), Kendall (DK) Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 3 District/County Councillors: 2

1. Welcome and announcements

2. Apologies received – Cllrs Mrs Bolton, Dipple, Jackson, Shepherd

3. Declarations of Interest – none

4. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – add 11.4.2 recommendation to make payments where possible by bank transfer to be reviewed every two years, 14.3 Arrangements for interviews for Assistant Parish Clerk/Administrator role, 15 Correspondence from WALC – smaller councils – agreed

5. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

6. Confirmation of the minutes of the Council meeting 1st March 2022 – Prop Cllr DK, 2nd Cllr AB – carried

7. Matters arising from the minutes not included in the agenda
7.1 Work on the Walton Bridge – WCC made aware of danger due to missing hand rail, barriers put in place to warn public.
7.2 New Wards – correspondence to MPs feedback – The Chairman had written to Jeremy Wright and Nadhim Zahawi, Mr Wright invited attendance at a meeting but as the Chmn was unavailable to attend he offered to send an update on the outcome of the meeting, still awaited. Mr Zahawi referred the matter directly to Mr Tony Stephenson at SDC. It was noted there were several PC Chairman at the WALC Chairman’s meeting who expressed disquiet at the decisions taken by SDC without regard to the views given by parishes.

8. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none

9. District & County Council matters
9.1 Cllr Kendall – no update
9.2 Cllr Parry – report noted
9.3 Cllr O’Donnell – report noted
Cllrs expressed different opinions of the new waste regimes, some were content with the new arrangements whilst others raised concern about the movement to 3 weekly collections for grey bins and confusing information relating to food bins/green bins and the possible use of biodegradable food waste bags or not.

10. Planning
10.1 Applications
1.
22/00816/FUL Single storey rear extension to dwelling
At 5 Newbold Road, Wellesbourne For Mr Robin Page
Planning Officer Assistant Planner Date 13th April 2022
No Objection
2.
22/00455/VARY Variation of condition no.2, 4 and 15 of planning permission 21/01497/FUL dated 07 December 2021 to allow for updated plans to facilitate the partial retention of the agricultural building to the east of plot 7 and associated layout/landscape changes and changes to plot 7’s curtilage. Original description of development: Adaption and extension of the existing farmhouse plus the sensitive repair and adaption of the adjacent, former agricultural buildings to provide 2 no. additional dwellings.
At Charlecote Barns, Stratford Road, Wellesbourne, CV35 9ES For Mr Simon Butterfield Lionsgate Capitol
Planning Officer Amy Flute Date 13th April 2022
Noted, no comment.
10.2 Date of next planning meetings: 13th, 27th, 30th April 2022

11. Finance Committee
11.1 Record of payments made under delegated power by the Clerk as per the attached list – noted
11.2 Record of staff salary payments made under delegated power by the Clerk as per the attached list – noted
11.3 Management reports & Management commentary (February) – noted
11.4 Review of payment arrangements following removal of Covid restrictions – following advice from WALC the Council confirmed that PCs were able to continue with online banking provided they make a recommendation to do so with a review every two years.
11.4.2
Recommendation to make payments where possible, by bank transfer, reviewed every two years Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr DK carried
11.5 Development and Sinking Funds –
Recommendation to establish a Development fund and Sinking fund for the Council Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr DK carried

1

11.5.1
Recommendation that the RFO is instructed to transfer the sum of £20,000 from General Reserve to the Development Fund in order to increase the balance of the Development Fund to £30,000 as at the end of March 2022 (to reflect the equivalent of £10,000 being paid into that fund for each of the past three years) Prop Cllr AP 2nd Cllr DK, carried
11.5.2
Recommendation that the RFO is instructed to transfer the sum of £20,000 from General Reserve to the Sinking Fund in order to increase the balance of the Sinking Fund to £30,000 as at the end of March 2022 (to reflect the equivalent of £10,000 being paid into that fund for each of the past three years) Prop Cllr AP 2nd Cllr AB carried
11.6 Date of next meeting: 17th May 2022

12. Highways, Environment & Emergency Committee – Cllr AB
12.1 Committee Chairman’s update Cllr Blake – The tripod for the speed detection device had been purchased and put to use, the jackets were still to be obtained. A request for a dog bin on Lowes Lane had been considered and could with permission, be located on existing street furniture; to be recommended for installation at the next HEE meeting. It was noted the bin by the ford at Walton had not been replaced after flooding washed it away and SDC were to be asked if they could exchange this for a dog waste bin somewhere near to the memorial in the village centre.
Action: Agenda item for HEE: Dog waste bin purchase with emptying regime to be considered for Lowes Lane BY: Office
Action: SDC to be asked to replace the ford bin with a dog waste bin to be situated in Walton village BY: Office
12.2 Date of next meeting: 10th May 2022

13. Community Facilities Committee – Cllr AP
13.1 Committee meeting Chairman’s update – the Clerk had made contact with the architect putting together the planning application for Newbold Road land car park and ascertained there had been difficulty getting an aboricultural statement due to workload of companies who put together this type of documentation. The Clerk had liaised with a local company who has contacted the architect and who will be providing a quote for the survey as soon as possible.
13.2 Public Open Space land transfers (Persimmon) update – This was still with Persimmon’s legal team.
13.3 Dog Close
13.3.1 Dog Close land update – The new boundary and riverbank fences had been installed, the old fence and barbed wire removed from the coppice boundary and some remedial planting had been carried out. The Council’s grounds maintenance contractor is to carry out an assessment on the trees in the coppice, some will need removal as already dead, others will need arboricultural works and ivy removal. Mr Wharton, a Chartered Aboriculturalist and resident of the parish had offered to work with and advise the working party.
13.3.2 Gifted land adjoining Dog Close update – This land had now been transferred to ownership of WWPC.
Action: Letter of gratitude to be sent to Mr Mackie who kindly donated this land to WWPC BY: Cllr Prior
13.4 Jubilee Event arrangements update – A community picnic in the park was to take place on the Sunday and the Beacon would be lit at 9:45pm on Sunday night, with coffee/tea served by the Church rooms and a bar provided by the Kings Head Hotel.
13.5
Recommendation to accept the quotes for works to repair potholes by the Bowls Club entrance and Installation of a noticeboard Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr AB carried
Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr DK carried
13.6 Date of next meeting 14th June 2022

14. Office & Staffing Committee
14.1 New website (progress) update – Aubergine had provided a list of documents requiring transfer, Cllrs AP & DB were to progress. Email addresses would be automatically changed to .gov but will continue to receive mail sent to the old inbox for a period of time.
14.2 Re-design of the Council logo project update – Entry deadline was 4th April, entries to be collated by the school and given to Cllr DB.
14.3 Arrangements for interviews for Assistant Parish Clerk/Administrator role – Interviews to be set up, Cllrs wishing to sit on the interview panel were asked to notify the Clerk.
14.4 Date of next meeting: 19th July 2022

15. Smaller Council correspondence from NALC – Cllrs considered the issues raised were not relevant to WWPC – no further action

16. Development Plan update – Cllr AP had provided an updated document to be reviewed after May.

17. Annual Parish Meeting feedback – there had been a small attendance and interest in joining the Climate Emergency working party.

18. Ukrainian Refugee Crisis – Cllrs acknowledged the difficulties for Ukrainian refugees to get visas to enter the country but noted there were no budgets allocated for supporting this crisis. Cllrs agreed to work as a facilitator for getting information from and to organisations where possible, aiming to avoid duplication of the information/admin role between organisations.
Action: Let WALC know that WWPC would act as administrator for the needs of Ukrainian refugees where required By: Office

19. Climate Emergency – Council’s statement (arrangements for implementing a statement) – volunteers for the working party were to be invited to attend the first meeting and would work towards a proposed statement for Council to consider around June/July.

20. Wellesbourne & Walton News – Cllr Vacancy Open days at Dog Close Annual Parish Meeting feedback

2

21. Cllrs & Clerk exchange of information
Cllr Blake said the collapsed wall at White Bridge had been removed but in doing so, access to the river was now insecure.

22. Dates of next meetings
3rd May 2022 Full Council (Annual Meeting)
10th May 2022 HEE
19th July 2022 Office & Staffing
14th June 2022 Community Facilities

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.20PM
Chairman…Cllr ………………………………………….
Signed……………………………………………………….
Date……………………………………………………2022

3