Full Council Meeting, 01/03/2022 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE & WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes for a meeting of the Council on Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 7.15 pm at the Methodist Hall, Bridge Street, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Blake, Dipple, Keogh-Bywater, Kendall, Shepherd Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 3 District/County Cllrs: 1

1. Welcome and announcements
The Chairman announced that the Administration Assistant was leaving the Council in May and the new vacancy would be advertised shortly

2. Apologies received – Cllrs Mrs Bolton, Barton, Cannon, Jackson

3. Declarations of Interest –
Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to planning item 10.1.(1) as met developer (listening brief only) Cllr Kendall declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to planning item 10.1.(1) as met developer (listening brief only) Cllr Blake declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to planning item 10.1.(1) as met developer (listening brief only)

4. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – add to matters arising “Multi-Agency Meeting” – agreed

5. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

6. Confirmation of the minutes of the Council meeting on:
1st February 2022 – Pg 52 item 16 should read “until an election takes place” and item 12.2 Flood Action Group Hell Hole to be replaced by Moreton Morrell – amended minutes agreed
2nd February 2022 – agreed

7. Matters arising from the minutes not included in the agenda – Multi Agency Meeting – WWPC met with WCC and Warwickshire Police to discuss concerns in relation to speeding traffic, HGV movements through the parish, noise nuisance from vehicles, road safety issues, green open space management and light pollution. It was a useful meeting with several action points for each agency. Cllr Blake gave a summary of the meeting and arising actions. The Chairman expressed frustration that the survey of speeds and driving at the Ettington Park traffic island had not yet been carried out despite the recent serious accident, and no timescale could be given by those in attendance as to when this might be arranged.
New wards – Cllrs were disappointed that SDC had submitted the new wards for Wellesbourne as three separate areas, North & Rural, West & Rural and East. WWPC had asked that the parish be split into two wards only as West and East.
Action: Write to both local MPs raising Cllrs disappointment that SDC did not consult or follow PC request for two wards By: Cllr AP

8. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mrs Dane, Newbold Road, raised concerns about the planning application for a solar farm at Newbold Pacey and the impact on both the environment and the highway and the plan for all site traffic to be routed though Wellesbourne.
Cllrs had not been included in the consultation for this neighbouring parish despite plans for all site traffic to be routed though the conservation area in Wellesbourne.

9. District & County Council matters
9.1 Cllr Kendall – there could be possible boundary changes if the merger between SDC and WDC take place. At a meeting with SDC Leader of the Council it was felt that discussions with the Littler family about the possible re-modelling of Wellesbourne Airfield was optimistic and without the need to develop the site for large scale housing. It was noted that Gladmans had been bought out by Barratt but that David Gladman and his CEO would continue sourcing land for development from a department within Barratts.
9.2 Cllr Parry – report noted
9.3 Cllr O’Donnell – no report/attendance

10. Planning
10.1 Applications
1.
22/00182/OUT Outline planning application (some matters reserved) for the phased development of 14 custom build dwellings, formation of new vehicular access from Walton Road and creation of new pedestrian links to Lowes Lane 
At  Land Off Walton Road Wellesbourne For Lone Star Land Ltd and F H Harris Will Trust
Planning Officer  Joe Brooke Date 2nd March 2022
The Council raised concern about additional traffic onto what is already considered one of the more dangerous roads in the parish, from the proposed 14 houses potentially each with an average of 2 cars leading to movement of up to 28 vehicles from the site. Removal of mature trees with TPOs to facilitate the access vision splay would be necessary and does not accord with the Government drive to reduce climate change by planting of more trees, or provide a good reason to remove mature and valuable trees in the parish. The land is currently productive agricultural land used for grazing of livestock and due to the recent and extensive development within the parish this land has taken on a new level of importance. Whilst the site is described as self-build, it will not be a true self-build where a plot of land is purchased and the owner designs a property then builds it, these are large modular building shells of all the same size and style with multi-config interiors to be selected by the purchaser. These large properties would have a detrimental effect on the visual aspect of the village boundary breaking down the soft visual approach and destroying the protected views between Wellesbourne and Walton. This development does not accord with the Neighbourhood Plan as it is not an identified location for further development in an area which has already suffered from massive development over and above that required of rural location. Development if permitted in this area would further contribute to the displacement of resident wildlife into urban areas due to loss of natural habitat.
2.
22/00448/TREE -T1 cherry – Reduce crown from 15metres to 12-12.5metres, back to re-growth points. Thin crown by 15%.
At  15 Simmons Court For  Mr Peter Watson
Planning Officer  Ruth Rose Date  8th March 2022
No objection
10.2 Elm Farm Newbold Pacey Novus Solar Farm – Cllrs raised concerns about the scale and impact of this proposal and the transport route for development traffic though Wellesbourne.
Action: respond to the application raising disappointment that SDC did not include the PC as a consultee as a neighbouring parish, strongly objecting to the traffic route via Wellesbourne’s conservation area, past two schools, assisted living properties and a road chicane, the potential damage to the landscape, impact on the residents facing the site from both Wellesbourne and Newbold Pacey, lack of information about the CCTV and distraction to drivers By Office
10.3 Date of next planning meetings: 2nd, 16th, 30th March 2022

11. Finance Committee
11.1Record of payments made under delegated power by the Clerk as per the attached list – noted
11.2 Record of staff salary payments made under delegated power by the Clerk as per the attached list – noted
11.3 Management reports & Management commentary (January) – noted. Concern was raised at the weekly meeting with the RFO that the recording of Unilateral Agreement funds had been mixed up with Sec 106. The Clerk confirmed that all Sec 106 funds had been fully expended and discharged with SDC, approx. £50,000 in the U/A fund and approx. £60,000 in the CILs fund.
Action: Send reports detailing the current position of all sections to the RFO requesting SAGE be updated to accord. By: Clerk
11.4 Date of next meeting: 17th May 2022

12. Highways, Environment & Emergency Committee – Cllr AB
12.1 Committee Chairman’s update – Cllr Blake said the committee had agreed that the 20s plenty campaign would move to Newbold Road next and that the light pollution from WDP/Wixeys had been investigated by Planning Enforcement but no breach was found. The working party had been agreed for revision of the Emergency Plan but no meeting had taken place.
12.2
Recommendation to purchase a tripod for the speed detection device at £416.39 and ten high-vis long sleeved vests to be used by the Speed Aware Volunteers at a cost of up to £100 inclusive of VAT Prop Cllr AP , 2nd Cllr AB
carried
12.3 Date of next meeting: 22nd March 2022

13. Community Facilities Committee – Cllr AP
13.1 Committee meeting Chairman’s update – under each heading
13.2Christmas light display update– a meeting had confirmed the contractor would remove the lighting following Christmas 2022 and store the lighting until a new contract had been approved. The lighting should only have been illuminated until 6th January but due to an oversight the lighting remained on and apologies were extended for this.
13.3 Public Open Space land transfers (Persimmon) update – The Chairman and Clerk had gone through the transfer document with the Council’s solicitor who suggested the commuted sum should be reassessed due to inflation. Mountford Place land would be completed first, with the Grange to follow at a later date. Dead trees on the Mountford Place development were to be replaced by Thomas Fox, paid for by Persimmon, but due to the high number of dead trees on the Grange, Persimmon were to go back to the contractor to negotiate replacement.
13.3.1
Recommendation to approve the annual management fees on Mountford Place and The Grange public open space from the Community Facilities budget Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr AS carried
13.4 Gifted land adjoining Dog Close update – the signed document from the owner was now awaited by the Council’s solicitor.
13.5 Planning for Newbold Road land update – no furt her progress had been made on this matter
Action: Visit the offices of the Architect and retrieve all documents related to the planning application By: Clerk and Chairman
13.6 Jubilee Event arrangements update – The beacon was to be lit at a pre-allocated time, for the event, WWPC would pay for the gas cylinder for the event. Tea and coffee was to be served in the Church car park and there would possibly be a bar provided by the Kings Head pub. It was noted that there were several street fayres being organised locally and the street fayre committee were arranging a picnic in the park.
13.7 Date of next meeting 12th April 2022

14. Office & Staffing Committee
14.1 New website (progress) update – Aubergine had now begun creation of the new website which would be sent for Cllrs to consider and they had approached government for the set up of .gov.uk email addresses.
14.2 Return to the office requests from Citizens Advice and Chedham’s Yard – Both establishments had enquired as to when they might
return to the PC offices. Cllrs considered the requests and agreed their return.
Action: Notify Citizens Advice and Chedham’s Yard they can return to the office and outline conditions By: Office
14.3 Council Logo – redesign of the Council logo project – the school were happy to promote this project which would also be advertised on Facebook and in the Wellesbourne & Walton News. Aubergine would graphically sharpen the image in order for it to be used.
14.3.1
Recommendation to pay for graphic sharpening and production of a finished logo to be paid from the office and Staffing committee budget up to £400 + vat Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr AB carried
14.4
Recommendation to approve budget for staff recruitment advertising up to £1000 + vat Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr AS carried
14.5 Date of next meeting: 15th February 2022

15. Development Plan update – Committee chairman had met and agreed the draft document noting there could be items requiring change. Cllrs agreed this should be a working document as it would be subject to periodic change.

16. Quality Status document – Cllrs agreed WWPC should apply for QS starting the process once the new compliant website had been accepted.
Action: Agenda item for Office & Staffing By: office

17. Annual Parish Meeting – arrangements – March 8th at 7.00pm, St Peter’s Church.

18. Climate Emergency Conference update – The Chairman would be giving a presentation at the APM on climate, emission levels and climate reduction methods.

19. Wellesbourne & Walton News – Climate change

20. Cllrs & Clerk exchange of information
Cllr Keogh-Bywater asked what the works by the bridge in Walton were for. Cllr Dipple to find out
Cllr Blake said the Wellesbourne Lions were offering to plant a tree and asked if Dog Close would be a possible site.

21. Dates of next meetings
5th April 2022
8th March 2022
22nd March 2022
15th March 2022
22nd March 2022 Full Council
Annual Parish Meeting 7pm
HEE
Office & Staffing
Community Facilities

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.17pm

Chairman…..Cllr Mrs Prior………..

Date…………………………………………

Signed……………………………….2022
(Completed 2/3/22)