This very busy Council, which is expanding its responsibilities, is seeking an Assistant Parish Clerk and Administrator to support the Parish Clerk.
The role includes supporting the Parish Clerk in a wide range of tasks, which would include the clerking of some evening meetings.
Training, paid for by the Council, will be provided as necessary.
The hours are 25 per week with flexible working to be agreed, with a starting salary from £13,572 depending on qualifications and experience. You will be working from the Parish Council offices in Wellesbourne.
Further details are available from the Chairman: Cllr.Prior@wellesbournepc,com or the Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org and a detailed job description can be found below.
The closing date for applications is Friday 10th June 2022 at 2pm.
Job Title: Assistant Parish Clerk and Administrator
Responsible to: the Parish Clerk
Responsible for: assisting the Parish Clerk, managing a committee, administration of the Council
To act as assistant Parish Clerk, to support the Parish Clerk and the Council in all areas of its operation.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. To provide reception cover and deal with members of the public face to face, by telephone, by email and letter. To attempt to answer queries and resolve complaints in conjunction with the Clerk and Council.
2. To undertake photocopying, printing, filing, collation, and distribution of Council documents as required.
3. To assist the Clerk in posting meeting notices on notice boards.
4. To manage the Council website, liaising with the hosts of the site as required, ensuring that all notices, agendas, and minutes are posted, to ensure the website remains compliant and to keep all material up to date.
5. To order stationery and other items as required keeping an order book and ensuring that supplies are properly received and recorded.
6. To liaise with suppliers and service providers to ensure the best value is obtained by the Council.
7. To liaise with appropriate committee chairman and contractors regarding tenders for Council business.
8. To assist in the entry of data, in consultation with the Responsible Financial Officer, into the financial system when necessary
9. To liaise with SDC and WCC departments at the request of the Clerk/Council or of members of the public.
10. To be responsible, in conjunction with the chairman of the working party, for the preparation and publication of the biennial Index of Shops and Amenities. To attend meetings of the working party, prepare agendas and promptly provide minutes of the meetings.
11. To undertake site visits, in the interest of clarity, where the Council or a member of the public has identified an issue of complaint or concern, or where there is need to monitor progress.
12. To be responsible, in conjunction with the Chairman of the Council, for the preparation and publication of the Annual report.
13. To take responsibility for the management of a Council committee, in conjunction with the chairman, preparing the agenda, attending the meetings, producing prompt minutes and following up matters identified by that committee.
14. To attend Council meetings in the absence of the Clerk, and promptly provide written minutes for those and action all points arising, except where stated they should be done by another.
15. To attend meetings with other bodies as required in the absence of the clerk, and to provide reports to Council of those meetings.
16. To liaise with the contracted Christmas Lighting company about the Council agreed locations of lighting fixtures for the annual displays, dates for installation and removal, agree storage and maintenance regime, liaise with the company and/or their contractors over light outages or other problems arising with he displays during working hours (outside working hours, the Council contact would oversee)
17. Complete actions from other committees, if provided by the Clerk.
18. To complete the Fire Risk Assessment when lone working in the building.
19. Any other reasonable duty required in order to carry out the business of the Council.