Finance Committee meeting, 21/09/2021 – minutes

Minutes for a meeting of the Finance Committee of the Council on Tuesday 21st September 2021 at 7.15pm at Wellesbourne Methodist Church Bridge Street Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Shepherd Councillors: Kendall, Mrs Prior Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 0

1. Welcome and announcements

2. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – add “Consideration of management of commuted sums” at 13 and
re-number – agreed

3. Apologies received from – Cllrs Blake, Mrs Bolton, Jackson

4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – item 13 as pertaining to staffing – agreed

5. Declarations of interest – none

6. Confirmation of the minutes of 30th March 2021 – agreed

7. Matters arising (not included in the agenda) – none

8. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none

9. Audits
9.1 Internal Audit update Clerk – Cllrs agreed the Clerk should be present at the internal audit to deal with the governance part of the auditor’s inspection.
Action: Re-arrange the internal audit to a future date where the Clerk can be present By Office

9.2 External audit update Clerk – a further query had been received about funds in Box 3 and what invoice the funds were to be offset against. The Clerk confirmed the payment received was the refund of the building insurance for the WSCC which is paid by the Council in May and reclaimed directly with the WSCC. This was to be received by PKF Littlejohn by 23/9/21 in order to close the file, so it appeared the audit may be concluded by 23/9/21.

10. Financial matters
10.1 Consideration of latest management reports July – Cllrs asked if the management reports could be printed in A3 to make them easier to read.
Action: Print management reports on A3 in future By Office
10.2 Consideration of current level and use of reserves (details from RFO to follow) – no further information received from RFO. It was noted that due to the pandemic, reserves had been depleted and committees must budget more carefully. Possibly an amount should be budgeted for unexpected expenditure such as the non-contractual budget heading.

Timing of submission of management reports – Cllrs raised concern about the timing of management reports and noted that the reports could be produced up to the end of the month with carry forward of any delayed invoices or payments.
Action: Ask the RFO to submit the September accounts on 24th September to send with Oct meeting papers By Clerk

11. Pre-budget (2022-2023) planning: submission of committee budgets
Committee Chairman to be reminded to submit their budgets to the Finance Committee by October. By Clerk

12. Consideration of management of commuted sums (moved to confidential)

13. Cllrs & Clerk exchange of information – none

14. Date of next meeting – 16th November 2021

Under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, In view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if members of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be a disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and Part 1 Schedule 12A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.
13. Consideration of management of commuted sums
This funding would be for the maintenance and management of the Public Open Space (POS) at The Grange and Mountford Place. Consideration was given to how this could be best managed and information to be sought on the various options by Clerk so informed decisions could be made by the Council.
Cllrs felt it appropriate to reinstate the Office & Staffing Committee so staff and Cllrs could raise any matters of concern.
Action: Office & Staffing Committee to be reinstated (Agenda item for Full Council) first meeting 19/10/21 By Office

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.40pm

Chairman…EMR Bolton………………………… Signature……EMR Bolton…………………………. Date………23/11/21……………………………..
(Completed 22nd September 2021)