Virtual Highways, Environment and Emergency Committee meeting, 12/01/2021 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE & WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a virtual meeting of the Highways, Environment and Emergency Committee of the Council on Tuesday 12th January 2021 at 7.00pm via ZOOM online meeting facility
Present: Vice Chairman: Cllr Harte Councillors: Blake, Mrs Bolton, Keogh-Bywater, Mrs Prior
Cllr Jackson joined the meeting at 19:13 and took the chair Members of the public: 1 Acting Clerk: Mrs Skinner

1. Welcome

2. Approval of Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Cannon, Mrs Patalong

3. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – agreed

4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

5. Declarations of interest – none

6. Confirmation of the minutes of the Committee meeting (virtual) on 24th November 2020 – agreed
Prop Cllr Mrs Prior 2nd Cllr Blake Cllr votes: AB-y RB-y JH-y MKB not at meeting

7. Matters arising (if not in the main agenda) from the minutes
7.1 Maintenance of verges and islands and traffic signs obscuring road view update – Cllr SJ – dealt with later in meeting
7.2 Light pollution from Wixey Transport Depot – encouraging response received
Action: Write to Wixey to acknowledge reply By: office
7.3 Missing guard rail (Ettington Park/The Grange) correspondence to Persimmon – no response received yet

8. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none

9. Highways Issues
9.1 Bus speeds/driving over drain covers on Dovehouse Est – correspondence from Midland Enquiries (Stagecoach) – the response received from Stagecoach was discussed
Action: Write letter to Stagecoach thanking them for response By: office
Action: Write to WCC to see if they will act on information from Stagecoach regarding manhole covers on older estates (i.e. Dovehouse) By: office
Cllr Jackson joined the meeting and took the chair
9.2 Rural policing – lack of communications and co-operation over rural policing issues – Cllr AP reported that Philip Seccombe and Sgt Crowhurst would attend the next Council meeting. Following concern about the lack of communication and feedback with SNT an initial virtual meeting was to be set up with AP and Sgt Crowhurst.
9.3 20s Plenty Campaign (banners and publicity costs) – Cllr SJ presented outline costs and proposed campaign actions as a starting point. Budget allocated in 2021/22. Campaign agreed in principle, proposal to go to a later meeting.
Action: Engage with police, WCC and school to introduce campaign By: Cllr AP/Cllr SJ
Action: Ascertain costs for lamp post signs By: Cllr SJ
Action: Send information to Cllr AP By: Cllr SJ

10. Footpath Issues
10.1 Path 125a WCC request to Diocese to clear path and reopen – no response received yet

11. Environment
11.1 Happy Benches – combating loneliness – Cllr AP identified four benches as possibilities. Launch probably in April.
Action: Print and laminate signs for trial By: Cllr AP
Action: Publicity in Parish Magazine, website, facebook By: Cllr AP

12. Emergency
12.1 Upkeep and replacement of consumables of defibrillators in the parish – Cllr AB confirmed that Lions actively maintain two publicly
available defibrillators at GWS garage and WSCC. After discussion it was concluded that internally located defibrillators are the responsibility of
the organisation where they are situated therefore WWPC is only responsible for the Parish Council Office one.
12.2 Recommendation to replace out of date contact pads and unit chargers for the office defibrillator
Prop Cllr SJ 2nd Cllr RB agreed Cllr votes: AB-y RB-y JH-y MKB-y AP-y

Cllr Mrs Bolton left the meeting

13. Lengthsman – activity report – noted

14. Budget for 2020
14.1 Review of budget 2020 – Cllr SJ shared the summary of 2020/21 budget and confirmed the budget for 2021/22 as £29,900. New bins, dog fouling signs and defibrillator consumables would be purchased from allocated funds in 2020/21 budget before the end of the financial year.

52

15. Maintenance of verges and islands and traffic signs obscuring road view update – Cllr SJ reported that problem areas should be
identified early so swift action could be taken
Action: identify any areas where signs and vision splays become obstructed/obscured by growth and provide photographic evidence if possible By: all cllrs

16. Cllrs & Clerk exchange of information
AP – Kissing gate fence is missing on Church to White Bridge path leaving potentially dangerous slope exposed; stile on Salmon Court side of river is completely broken
Action: Take photos to send to office By: Cllr AP
Action: Write to WCC to rectify By: office
MKB – none
JH – none
AB – path from Loxley Close to roundabout fence has collapsed and bollard is broken
Action: Take photos to send to office By: Cllr AB
Action: Write to WCC to rectify By: office
SJ – asked whether response had been received about green areas on new estates. SDC is awaiting planting schemes from Persimmon and will
then inform WWPC of commuted sum.
KS – none

17. Date of next meeting – 23rd February 2021

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 8.12pm

Chairman: Cllr Jackson……………….

Signed……………………………………

Date………………………………………

(Completed on 13/01/2021 – KMS)

53