Transport booked through VASA is currently free to patients in the priority groups.
(funded by Warwickshire County Council)
This is for anyone who needs help with transport who lives in Rugby or South Warwickshire (including the towns and villages around Kenilworth, Leamington, Stratford on Avon and Warwick)
Bookings can be made by the patients, their family or a referrer such as their GP surgery.
1. You can call our central booking line; the number is the same whichever area you live.
Call 01789 262889 and press option 1.
The call centre is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm.
Please be patient, it can get busy, but your call will be answered.
We have additional volunteers who are answering the calls.
2. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a contact number so we can call the patient or their representative back.
3. You can complete an electronic form. This is available through our website or by clicking the link here
We will need the following detail:
• The name and address of the patient including a contact number
• The patients date of birth and which GP surgery they are registered at
• The date and time of the vaccine appointment
• Which vaccination site their appointment is at, this can be the mass vaccine hubs as wells as GP sites.
• Will a carer be travelling with them?
• Any mobility aids used such as a walking stick, walker, folding wheelchair or wheelchair, this will make a difference as to what transport will be used. Accessible vehicles are available but limited.
• Is the patient able to travel in a community car with limited assistance or do they need more support, this will make a difference as to what transport is used.
• Patients must wear a face covering for their journey. Please let us know if a patient is exempt from wearing a face covering as we will need to arrange a safe form of transport for them. A community car is unable to carry passengers and/or carers not wearing a face mask.
• Patients must confirm that they have not had a positive Covid-19 test in the 14 days prior to travelling.
• Patients must inform us if they, or a member of their household or social bubble experiences any symptoms of Covid-19 in the 14 days prior to their appointment.
• There is currently no charge for this service.
• All drivers are checked, trained, their vehicles are cleaned between journeys and they have a supply of PPE including face masks if patients do not have one of their own.
• VASA is a charity that has been providing community transport in South Warwickshire for over 40 years.
If you need to contact VASA for any other reason, please email email@example.com or call 01789 262889 and press option 2
Please do leave messages if we are unable to take your call and we will get back to you as soon as possible.