WELLESBOURNE & WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes for a virtual meeting of the Highways, Environment and Emergency Committee of the Council taking place on Tuesday 27th October 2020 at 7.00pm via ZOOM online meeting facility
Present: Chairman: Cllr Jackson Councillors: Mrs Bolton, Cannon, Keogh-Bywater, Mrs Prior Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 0
2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Harte, Mrs Paige-Stimson
3. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – agreed
4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none
5. Declarations of interest – none
6. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
7. Budget for 2021
7.1 Budget setting for 2021 (with consideration of 4 year development plan) – Cllrs considered the budget and 4 year development plan and agreed a proposed budget to go forward to the Finance committee of £37,160
Prop Cllr Jackson, 2nd Cllr Mrs Prior carried. Cllr Votes: RB-yes, OC-yes, SJ-yes, MKB-yes, AP-yes
Action points arising from budget discussion
1. Contact the school and ask if they would permit WWPC to change the one-way system sign to say “All vehicles during peak school hours (including the actual hours” costs to be vired from budget areas underspent By: Office
2. Invite the local SNT to attend the Full Council meeting in November to explain why volunteers have not been trained in using the speed gun in the parish and why it appeared there had been a reduction in patrols in the parish By: Office
3. For the purpose of digital mapping of bins, make a paper record of all bins, their location and condition, within the parish Cllr SJ
8. Cllrs & Clerk exchange of information
Cllr Mrs Bolton – Soakaways in Willow Drive flooded again. Ask WCC for a copy of their maintenance schedule for the village (cc Cllr Parry)
Flowerbeds opposite the talbot need vegetation removed and tidied. Ask Lengthsman to do.
Cllr Keogh-Bywater said the drain outside 33 Willow Drive also continued to flood and where the works on Willow Drive had taken place the tarmac now dipped causing flood issues where previously there was none.
Cllr Cannon said he had received complaints about houses on the Dovehouse estate shaking due to the Stagecoach buses hitting drains in the road too fast asking if they might be asked to drive more considerately. Footpath marker posts needed replacement on the footpath from Lowes Lane to Walton.
Cllr Jackson – none
Clerk – none
9. Date of next meeting – 24th November 2020
There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 7.50pm