Virtual Full Council meeting, 03/11/2020 – minutes

Minutes for a virtual meeting of the Council on Tuesday 3rd November 2020 at 7.00pm via ZOOM

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Blake, Mrs Bolton, Cannon, Dipple, Harte, Kendall Clerk: Mrs Scriven
Members of public: 2 (Mrs Dane, Mr Hargis)

1. Welcome and announcements – The Council had appointed and welcomed Cllr Andy Blake to the Council

2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Keogh-Bywater, Mrs Paige-Stimson, Mrs Patalong

3. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as a Trustee
Cllr Blake declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the Village Hall as the Treasurer

4. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – agreed

5. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – Item 14.4 WSCC Business Review
Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr RB, carried. Cllr Votes: AB-yes, RB-yes, OC-yes, TD-yes, JH-yes, Dk-yes, AP-yes

6. Confirmation of the minutes of the Council meetings (virtual)
6th October 2020
Prop Cllr JH, 2nd Cllr DK carried Cllr Votes: RB-yes, OC-yes, JH-yes, DK-yes, AP-yes (those present at the Oct meeting)
20th October 2020 – Cllr RB exchange of information – replace second line with “The post office had been closed due to difficulties with replacement staff due to COVID-19” – agreed
Prop Cllr TD, 2nd Cllr JH carried Cllr Votes: RB-yes, Dipple-yes, Harte-yes, AP-yes (those present at the Oct meeting)

7. Matters arising from the minutes not included in the agenda
7.1 Tree Preservation Orders – The Conservation Group had kindly agreed to act as Tree Champions for trees with TPOs
7.2 School Transport – the response from Ian Budd (Assistant Director of Education Services) stated that he was not aware of any difficulties with school transport but would be happy to investigate specific incidents. Cllrs raised concern that the first year group sat at the front of the buses with subsequent year groups having to walk past them to board, and that face masks were not mandatory on school transport.
7.3 Communication with local Parish Council Chairmen update – Cllr AP had contacted the Chairmen to meet and discuss Unitary Council matters but had only received one response. Cllr Parry stated that as most local PC Chairmen work during the day it was most unlikely they would attend.

8. Police Matters
Crime rates had risen significantly during September/October and included incidents of violence, sexual offences, and theft.
Action: Invite the local SNT to attend the December PC meeting citing the Sept/Oct crime statistics from their website By: Office

9. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mr Hargis, Chapel Street, asked if the TPO on the sycamore to be felled in Mountford Close might be moved to another tree.
Mrs Dane, Newbold Road, asked if the electric fence round the sheep field at Walton down to Walton Hall could have the correct signage in the recommended frequency.
Action: Contact SDC TPO Officer and ask if the TPO can be transferred to another tree in the parish of equal importance By Office
Action: Contact Mr Hutsby asking him to put regulation signage on the electric fence By Office

10. District & County Council matters
10.1 Cllr Kendall confirmed there is now one Planning Appeals Committee with a Chairman and two Vice Chairman.
10.2 Cllr Parry report – noted. County grants were now being considered including a grant for the dementia allotment in Wellesbourne. A request for additional school transport had resulted in an additional service from Gaydon to Alcester via Wellesbourne, due to start shortly. Businesses in Stratford had been the fourth worst hit in the country with SDC facing a £4m deficit which would have to be taken from reserve which meant rises in council tax would be unavoidable.

11. Planning
11..1 Decisions
11.1.1 Permission/Permission with conditions
1.Permission – noted
Cllrs were disappointed not to have received this application for further comment given this had been objected to in the initial planning application. The Clerk had take up the Council’s concerns with the SDC planning dept.
20/02220/FUL Four rooflights (retrospective)
At 8 Hammond Green, Wellesbourne For Mr Steve Kapoor
Planning Officer Issy Howell Date 16th September 2020

Action: Look into why this occurred By: Cllrs Kendall and Mrs Parry


2. Permission with conditions
2.1 noted
20/02409/TREE T1 Norway maple (noted as sycamore on application) – Fell
T2 & T3 alder (noted as black poplar on submission) Reduce height by 4 metres, pruning back to previous reduction points. Selectively reduce lateral spread by up to 2 metres pruning back to growth points
At Ash Tree Close, Wellesbourne For Jacob Harvey
Planning Officer Ruth Rose Date 23rd October 2020
2.2 noted
20/02065/FUL Proposed single storey rear extension including balcony garage conversion and full replacement of all windows and doors
At 20 Gloster Gardens, Wellesbourne For Francis Horsman
Planning Officer Issy Howell Date 21st October 2020
11.2 Applications
(conditions for comment apply) Conversion of agricultural buildings to form two dwellings with associated landscape works approved under application ref: 15/00139/FUL
At Laughs Buildings, Walton Road, Wellesbourne For Walton Estate
Planning Officer Louise Casey Date 12th November 2020
No Comment
11.3 Adoption of Revised Statement of Community Involvement SDC – this had been posted to the online Cllr shared area.
11.4 Date of next Planning Committee meeting – 4th November, 2nd December 2020

12 Finance Committee
12.1 Management Accounts – RFO – to follow
12.2 Record of payments made under delegated power by the Clerk as per the attached list – noted
12.3 Record of staff salary payments made under delegated power by the Clerk as per the attached list – noted
12.4 Date of next meeting – 10th November 2020
Cllr Blake asked to join the Finance Committee – agreed

13 Highways, Environment & Emergency Committee
13.1 Chairman’s update– No update as Cllr SJ not at the meeting
13.2 Environment Agency withdrawal of flood alert notifications update – no response received to date
13.3 Date of next meeting – 24th November 2020

14 Community Facilities Committee
14.1 Chairman’s update – Cllr AP – there had been no progress on the Dog Close lease but the flaying and weeding works had begun. Tree mapping whilst started had been delayed due to the inclement weather. Quotes for an additional piece of play equipment for very young children were being sought.
14.2 Christmas lights switch on update – Cllr AP – The switch on would be virtual this year. Certificates would be sent to the school electronically for the Christmas light design competition winner and runners up and there would be a programme of virtual events released on Facebook and the Council website in time for the event. Members of the public will be reminded that they may not attend the area on the night.
Recommendation from Community Facilities Committee to seek quotes for removal of the old youth hut building and for set out and resurfacing on the village hall car park Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr RB
Cllr Votes: AP-yes, RB-yes, AB-yes, OC-yes, TD-yes, JH-yes, DK-yes,
14.4 WSCC Business Review – moved to confidential
14.5 Date of next meeting – 8th December 2020

15 Office & Staffing
15.1 Purchase of a second mobile phone and credit for staff use whilst working from home had been made and the number given out on public media and the website.

16 Index of Shops and Amenities
16.1 Update Cllr RB – the new edition had been received from the printers and was now being distributed by Cllrs and volunteers to whom the Council are very grateful.

17 Remembrance Service Cllr AP – Due to the second pandemic lockdown, the wreaths would be laid by a socially distanced few, with bugle music Wednesday 4th November and recorded to be played on Sunday morning on YouTube and social media. Members of public wishing to lay painted stones should do so before Sunday morning or after.


18 Wellesbourne & Walton News
New Parish Councillor
Virtual Council meetings – public attendance
Index of Shops and Amenities

19 Cllrs & Clerk exchange of information
Cllr Harte said a distressed bird of prey seen on the A429 verge had been reported to the relevant authority.
Cllr OC – none
Cllr RB – none
Cllr DK – none
Cllr TD – none
Cllr AB – none
Cllr AP – none
Clerk – none

20 Dates of next meeting
8th December 2020 Community Facilities
24th November 2020 HEE
1st December 2020 Full Council

Under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, In view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if members of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be a disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and Part 1 Schedule 12A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.


14.4 WSCC Business Review – Cllrs were informed that the Trustees had met to discuss the business plan going forward following lockdown and facing further lockdown until December. The WSCC would continue its online classes and it was noted that it had not taken any of the loans available to businesses as they required repayment.

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 8.16pm

Chairman….Cllr Prior………….


Completed 4/11/2020