WELLESBOURNE & WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes for a virtual meeting of the Council on Tuesday 6th October 2020 at 7.00pm via ZOOM online meeting facility

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Mrs Bolton, Cannon, Harte, Kendall, Keogh-Bywater
District/County Cllrs: 2 (Kendall, Parry) Cllrs Mrs Paige-Stimson and Jackson (joined during the meeting)
Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 2 (Mrs Dane, Mr Hargis)

1. Welcome and announcements

2. Apologies for Absence – Cllr Dipple

3. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as a Trustee and Chair of Wellesbourne & Walton Community Cares (WWCC)
Cllr Harte declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WWCC as a member
Cllr Cannon declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WWCC as a member
Cllr Mrs Bolton declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the Village Hall as the Council’s representative and a Trustee

4. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – add 12.3.1 Site Allocations Plan – Preferred Options document and Mrs Harland’s correspondence on flooding at 14.3 under HEE – agreed
Cllr votes: AP – yes, RB – yes, OC – yes, JH – yes, DK– yes, MKB – yes

5. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

6. Confirmation of the minutes of the Council meeting (virtual) on 1st September 2020 – agreed
Cllr votes: AP – yes, RB – yes, OC – yes (Cllrs JH, DK, MKB were not present at that meeting)

7. Matters arising from the minutes not included in the agenda
7.1 Tree preservation orders – correspondence from Cllr Parry. Cllrs were informed by Cllr Parry that SDC did not have the resources to monitor all trees with TPOs, a situation exacerbated by Covid-19. Cllrs agreed to map trees using the new mapping system subscribed to and asked Mr Hargis if the Conservation Group would consider being tree champion for the parish, notifying the PC of any issues arising with trees protected by TPOs.
Action: Conservation Group to be asked if they would act as Tree Champions for the parish – reporting issues with trees protected by a TPO to the PC for action. Outcome to be notified to the Clerk. By:
Mr Hargis

8. Councillor Vacancy (Co-option) – There had been no request for an election to be held so the PC were able now to co-opt a Cllr to the vacancy. Closure date for applications to be submitted to the Council – 12th October 2020.

Cllr Jackson joined the meeting
9.
Recommendation to reverse the resolution carried in the minutes of Full Council 24th March 2020 item 7, in order to return to the regular schedule of Council meetings with any planning matters falling between Full Council meetings to be dealt with by way of Extra Ordinary meetings

Cllr Votes: AP – yes, RB – yes, OC – yes, JH – yes, SJ – yes, DK – yes, MKB – yes Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr RB – carried

Extract from the minutes:
WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes for a virtual Extra-Ordinary Meeting of the Council on Tuesday 24th March 2020 at 7.00 pm
Recommendation to delegate to the Clerk the authority to respond to Stratford District Council Planning Authority to Planning Applications made within the parish following email or telephone consultation with Councillors where possible and using the majority consensus as the response in consultation with the Chairman or Vice Chairman on behalf of the Council during the current Covid 19 pandemic Prop Cllr Mrs Prior, 2nd Cllr Mrs Bolton  Carried
Cllr Votes AP-yes, RB-yes, AB-yes, OC-yes, TD-yes, JH-yes, SJ-yes, DK-yes, MKB-yes, YPS-yes.

10. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mr Hargis, Chapel Street, raised concern that despite the high water levels in the River Dene, no Environment Agency warnings were given.
Mrs Dane asked why the plans for the proposals on Newbold Road land had been removed from the SDC planning portal.
SDC had deemed the application to be major due to the size of land plot and this generated further surveys and consultations which the architect was arranging on behalf of the PC.

11. District & County Council matters
11.1 Cllr Kendall – no update
26

11.2 Cllr Parry – report noted. Concern was expressed at the rising number of Covid cases in the district, and it was noted
that SDC were working closely with Public Health Warwickshire. Growth was mainly in the 20 – 60 year age groups and whilst the individual numbers remained low the cumulative numbers were elevating.
Cllr Paige-Stimson joined the meeting
Cllrs expressed concern relating to the rise in Covid cases in schools and questioned the effectiveness of school social distancing and sterilisation measures, as well as the bus transport for school children not providing additional buses. Cllr Parry had written to the portfolio holder for education requesting an update.
Action: Contact school transport to ask if they are arranging additional transport and when. By: Cllr Prior

12. Planning
12.1 Decisions
12.1.1 Permission with conditions
1. Noted
20/00833/VARY Variation of condition 2 of planning permission 18/00977/FUL dated 24 September 2019 to amend the design of plots 5-6, 9-11, 12-13, 16-17, 18-19, 22-23, 24-25, 26-27, 28-29, 30-32, 33-35 (proposed to be modular built). Original description of development; Demolition of properties at Willett House, Willett Gardens and garages on St Peter’s Road and Hastings Road, and re-development of the sites to provide 35 dwellings, comprising 29 dwellings on Willett House, Willett Gardens site, 3 dwellings on the St Peter’s Road site and 3 dwellings on the Hastings Road site, with associated infrastructure (part retrospective)
At Willett House/Garages, Willett Gardens/St Peter’s Road/Hastings Road, Wellesbourne For Mrs Rachel Evans Orbit Homes (2020) Ltd
Planning Officer Alice Cosnett Date 17th September 2020
2. Noted
20/01280/FUL Proposed rear and side extension to incorporate additional living accommodation and new garage with roof terrace
At 181 Dovehouse Drive, Wellesbourne For Mr & Mrs Feeney
Planning Officer Ryan O’Keefe Date 25th September 2020
12.2 applications – none
12.3 SDC Site Allocations Plan (SAP)Comments submitted – noted.
12.4 Consultation on Planning for The Future document – Cllrs considered the document short on detail and difficult to
follow but noted that whilst there were built in penalties for local authorities where their processes were too slow, the same was not true of builders and developers. If reserved matters were not agreed then there would be a right to appeal but as the costs to local authorities would be very high, some Cllrs felt that it unlikely that local authorities would refuse applications.
Action: Collate responses from Councillors and submit to the Government Cllr AP
12.5 Date of next Planning meetings – Committee A – 17th October 2020 /Committee B – 21st October 2020

13. Finance Committee
13.1 Management Accounts – RFO – noted
13.2 Record of payments made under delegated power by the Clerk as per the attached list – noted
13.3 Record of staff salary payments made under delegated power by the Clerk as per the attached list – noted
13.4 Date of next meeting – 10th November 2020

14. Highways, Environment & Emergency Committee
14.1 Chairman’s update– no update as meeting 27 Oct.
14.2 Contractor/worksite signs left around village (Newbold Road/Stratford Road/Warwick Road) – WCC Officer had been
out to collect signs and she had instructed the contractors who had undertaken the work to collect those too big for a non-commercial vehicle.
14.3 Flood Alerts – correspondence from Mrs Harland – concern was raised about the cessation of flood alerts by the
Environment Agency due to staff shortages caused by the pandemic. It was unclear as to exactly what was being kept or removed from the EA correspondence and Cllrs agreed the PC should seek further clarification on behalf of residents whose homes were at risk from flooding.
Action: Write to EA seeking clarity of exactly what alert services would remain or not and impressing on them the importance of flood alerts to residents living in flood zones BY: Office
14.4 Date of next meeting – 27th October 2020

15. Community Facilities Committee
15.1 Chairman’s update – no update as meeting 20th Oct.
15.2 Trustee vacancy for Wellesbourne Sports & Community Centre (WSCC) – Cllr Keogh-Bywater volunteered to become a
Trustee – accepted.
15.3 Christmas light switch on update – Due to the pandemic, this year’s switch on was to be streamed on YouTube live. The
Street Fayre committee were looking to asking residents to place a light display in their home windows for children to “find”.
15.4 Wellesbourne & Walton Community Cares activity update – WWCC were still active and working to assist those in
need of help. A walking for health and companion walking facilities had been set up and the group continued to assist with shopping and prescription collection for the vulnerable.
15.5 Date of next meeting – 20th October 2020
27
16. Office & Staffing
16.1 Public phoneline availability during ongoing office closure (Covid) The office phone had been diverted to a mobile
phone held by the Clerk but this facility did not allow for an answer service. Councillors considered it important that residents could get through to the Council and leave messages where necessary so agreed a further mobile to be used by the Admin Assistant.
16.2
Recommendation to purchase a second mobile phone and credit for staff mobiles (PAYG) up to the value of £100
Cllr Votes: AP-yes, RB-yes, OC-yes, JH-yes, SJ-yes, DK-yes, MKB-yes, YPS-yes. Prop Cllr AP, 2nd
Cllr RB
carried

17. Annual Parish Meeting
17.1 Consideration of a virtual APM 2020 – Cllrs agreed not to hold a virtual APM in line with many other PCs.
Cllr Votes: AP-yes, RB-yes, OC-yes, JH-yes, SJ-yes, DK-yes, MKB-yes, YPS-yes.
17.2 Consideration of Annual Report March 2021 – Cllrs agreed not to produce the booklet annual report this year but a
summary would be printed in the W&W News with a more detailed report on the Council website.
Cllr Votes: AP-yes, RB-yes, OC-yes, JH-yes, SJ-yes, DK-yes, MKB-yes, YPS-yes.

18. Index of Shops & Amenities
17.1 Index update Cllr RB – The document was sent to the printers on 5th October with all costs met by the advert sales. Cllrs and the Clerk recorded thanks to the Admin Assistant Mrs Skinner for her hard work collating the information and putting together the document under very difficult and challenging circumstances.

19. Remembrance Service – Due to Covid restrictions only two Cllrs would be able to attend the service this year. Cllrs
agreed that Cllrs AP and DK would represent WWPC at this years’ service. Community groups who would not be able to attend were invited to paint and place a small stone at the memorial in the church yard anytime up to 9th November. Cllr AP would lay a wreath on behalf of WWPC.
Action: Inform British Legion representative of the Cllrs attending By: Cllr AP

20. Wellesbourne & Walton News
Christmas light switch on
Reminder to ring 101 re anti-social behaviour
Recent rise in killing of raptors (RSPB) wildlife crime (bird of prey found dead in Wellesbourne garden believed poisoned)

21. Cllrs & Clerk exchange of information
Cllr Bolton – the Village Hall was now open for business and receiving clients. Additional safety measures were in place.
Cllr Keogh-Bywater – asked if police presence at PC meetings again could be encouraged given the rise in crime since March
Cllr Jackson – asked if the police attend a PC meeting that they be challenged as to why they no longer foot patrol the parish
Cllr Paige-Stimson – The Boyse Charity whilst unable to support trips due to Covid-19 was instead providing laptops to children without IT facilities to help them stay abreast of their school work.
Cllr Prior – had attended a new virtual meeting for Chairmen of PCs where the topic of Unitary Authorities was discussed. Cllr Prior was to speak to the neighbouring PC Chairmen and invite them to join together to discuss the impact and benefits for proposals of Unitary Councils in Warwickshire.
Cllr Cannon – none
Cllr Harte – none

22. Dates of next meeting
20th October 2020
27th October2020
3rd November 2020 Community Facilities
HEE
Full Council

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.15pm
Chairman………Cllr Prior…………..
Signed……………………………………..
Date…………………………………….
(completed 8th October 2020)
28