WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes for the Meeting of the Council on Tuesday 4th February 2020 at 7.30 pm at the Methodist Hall Bridge Street Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs PriorCouncillors: Mrs Bolton, Mrs Burnard, Dipple, Harte, Kendall, Mrs Paige-Stimson
Clerk: Mrs ScrivenDistrict Cllr: 1Members of public: 8

1.Welcome and announcements – It was noted that Cllr Shepherd had resigned his position for personal reasons.

2.Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Cannon, Jackson & County Cllr Parry

3.Declarations of Interest – None

4.Confirmation of the order of the agenda – agreed

5.Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – items 13.2 Dog Close as contractual matter,
14.1 Social media policy as under review, 14.2 Website as contractual matter

6.Confirmation of the minutes of the Council Meetings 7th January 2020 – agreed

7.Matters arising (not included in the agenda)
7.1Walton drains at the railway bridge – the road was now clear of water with the drains jetted out twice and the road
cleared of mud. WCC were now undertaking surveys to determine the level of improvement works required at the location.
7.2Willow Drive drain- a job number had been raised by WCC for clearance

8.Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mr Hargis, Chapel Street, asked would the Council have a working party to discuss Dog Close, the Chmn confirmed this intention
Mrs Shepherd, Brookside Avenue asked if the disabled space outside Avon Studios could be re-marked as it was being misused.
Mrs Cook complained the agenda was not posted on the Council website and asked if the Council would be installing a skate ramp
Mr Davis, Oxford Way asked if the Council might benefit from Severn Trent’s Community Fund for flooding and drainage.

9.District & County Council matters – Cllr Kendall/ Cllr Mrs Parry – report noted.

10.Planning
10.1Applications
1.
20/00099/FUL Demolition of existing 2 metre high brick garden wall (marked A-B on Site Plan and replacement with a concrete post and feather-board fence 1 metre to the East (marked C-D-E on Site Plan), just short of ownership boundary/ rear of highway footpath forming part of Dovehouse Drive.
At 1 Pembroke Gardens For Mr Endall
Planning officer Sarah Chadwick Date 6 February 2020
The Council object to the removal of the wall as it is of significant position at the start of a cul-de-sac mirroring the wall on the opposite side of the road providing a gated entrance effect. To replace this significant wall with fencing of any style would be out of character with the street scene and have a dramatic impact on the overall appearance of this part of the estate which follows a characteristic build pattern throughout.
2.
19/03572/FUL Change of use of land and building from residential to mixed residential and dog grooming business.
At 2 Croftland Avenue For Mr & Mrs Barr
Planning officer Erin Weatherstone Date 6 February 2020
No Objection
10.2Wellesbourne Airfield review by York Aviation – noted
The Clerk had contacted SDC officer Mr Perks who was meeting with the Minister of Transport to implore him stress the importance of a Commencement Order to bring the provisions of the Neighbourhood Planning Act 2017 Part 2 Chapter 1 into force to permit temporary possession powers which might assist SDC in the protection of Wellesbourne Mountford Airfield. It was noted that the CAA would be carrying out an inspection of the airfield in the near future.
Action: find out if airfield inspections are publicly available By: Clerk
10.3Date of next Area Planning Meetings: 5/2/2020, 19/2/2020, 4/3/2020, 18/3/2020

11.Finance Committee –
11.1Responsible Finance Officer – update Clerk – a temporary RFO had been appointed for 3 months from agency, she was highly recommended by another Council with Parish Council and SAGE experience.
11.2
Approval of monthly accounts as per attached cheque list Prop Cllr DK, 2nd Cllr YPS carried
76
11.3
Approval of staff salaries Prop Cllr RB, 2nd Cllr DK carried
11.4
Recommendation to purchase copies of the NALC publication “The Good Councillor’s Guide to Finance and Transparency” for all members of the council and the office Prop Cllr RB, 2nd Cllr AP carried
11.5Date of next meeting 21st April 2020

12. Highways, Environment and Emergency Committee – Cllr SJ
12.1 Chairman’s update – none
12.2 School Transport update – Cllr AP read a letter received from Mr Ian Budd, Assistant Director of Education Services and it was agreed to add this to the next HEE agenda for further discussion.
12.3Response from WCC regarding footpath clearance – no update received
12.4Dog fouling on Ettington Park and in the village update – The handyman continues to monitor the fouling in the area and
replace surveillance signs as required.
12.5
Recommendation to buy 5 signs to be used at the school in Mountford Close pending confirmation from the Clerk of the powers to purchase such items – Council had agreed to financially support this initiative and a request had been made to WCC Highways Dept for purchase of these items as PC’s have the power to contribute to Highways projects for road safety but not purchase directly. Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr DK carried
Response awaited from WCC
12.6Date of next meeting 11th February 2020

13.Community Facilities Committee – Cllr AP
13.1Chairman’s update – Tom Fox Landscapers were to look at the entrance into the Newbold Road land with a view to the hedge planting and gate widening in readiness for the proposed development of the site. Response was awaited from the architect about the planning application status.
13.2Dog Close update – moved to confidential session
13.3Village Hall update – the Council were delighted to announce the sub lease had been signed and Cllr Mrs Bolton was now a
Trustee on behalf of the council.
13.4Date of next meeting 25th February 2020

14Office & Staffing
14.1Social Media policy discussion – moved to confidential session
14.2Website – moved to confidential session

15.Annual Parish Meeting update– Councillors and volunteers would be posting out the APM booklets over the next few weeks to all households in the parish. Mrs Dane and Mrs Wilson-Gunn had generously offered to serve refreshments on the night

16.Wellesbourne and Walton News – Disabled parking and layby parking restrictions – Elections for two vacancies called and
two candidates had come forward to stand for election.

17.Cllr and Clerk Exchange of Information
Cllr Dipple raised his disappointment and concern about the additional hedge removal on Walton Lane for the new sewer works
Cllr Mrs Prior said she had been asked to do presentations at the Bowls Club and was pleased to see so many members including a young man who had joined the club at just 7 years old.

18.Items/reports for the next meeting by 20th February 2020

Table of monthly meeting dates
Full Council 3rd March 2020
Highways/Environment/Emergency committee 11th February 2020
Community Facilities committee 25th February 2020
Finance 21st April 2020

Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if members of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and Part 1 Schedule 12A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded

CONFIDENTIAL:
13.2 Dog Close – Councillors discussed the quote prepared by Tom Fox landscapers for the restoration works required for the Dog
Close land and agreed a recommendation to go to the next meeting of full Council
Recommendation to accept the financial offers from Wildgoose and Walton Estate on condition the funds be paid in advance of the works and remaining £400 to be paid from the Unilateral Agreement money
Action: add recommendation to next available meeting of council. Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr DK, carried
By: Clerk
77
14.1Social media policy
Consideration was given to the amalgamation of the Parish and District Council’s social media policies and the amended version
was to be brought back to Council for adoption in March.
Action: Add adoption of Social Media Policy to March full Council meeting agenda By: Office

14.2Website
Councillors agreed the Council website required a redesign and agreed the work should not be voluntary.
Recommendation to spend up to the budgeted amount on website design and maintenance services.
Action: add recommendation to next available meeting of council. Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr AB carried
By: Office

There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 9.35pm

Chairman…Cllr Mrs Prior…………..

Signed……………………………….

Date………………………………….
78