WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes for the Finance Committee of the Council on Tuesday 12th November 2019 at 7.30 pm at the Parish Council offices, School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman Cllr Shepherd Councillors: Mrs Bolton, Kendall, Mrs Paige-Stimson, Mrs Prior Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 0
1. Welcome and announcements
2. Apologies for absence – Cllr Mann
3. Confirmation of agenda – Email from Mr Hewitt, Wellesbourne CofE School – request for funding assistance to purchase
some traffic calming child statuettes to be added – agreed.
4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – Item 14 Grants as personal or business
Information – agreed
5. Declarations of interest
Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the WSCC as a Trustee and the Precinct Group as the Council representative, and a pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the Chairman’s allowance as the recipient
Cllr Kendall declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the WSCC as a Trustee
Cllr Mrs Paige-Stimson declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to Chedham’s Yard as a Trustee and grant application of the 1st Wellesbourne Scout group as group leader
6. Confirmation of the minutes of the meeting of 24th September 2019 – agreed
7. Matters arising (not indicated as separate agenda item) – Transfer of funds between bank accounts – the Clerk confirmed all
Section 106 and Unilateral Agreement funds had transferred into the Active Saver account as requested but the remaining funds from the Current Account to the Tracker Account leaving approximately £100,000 balance was still to be completed.
8. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the parish – none
9. Internal Audit – Mr Robinson had been contacted and had arranged to set a date for audit with the Clerk on 13th November
10. WSCC building insurance recovery
10.1 Cllr AP said she had requested documentation from the WSCC insurance provider for the Clerk to cross match against the Council insurance to identify any differences in cover relating to higher charges.
Recommendation that the Council seeks payment of £2520.28 from Wellesbourne Sports and Community Centre in respect of the insurance of the buildings in accordance with the terms of the lease granted to the charity
Action: Check the difference between the WSCC and WWPC policies and if no difference seek reduction in the Council insurance policy cover Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr YPS carried
Cllr AP abstained
11. Village Hall building insurance recovery – No further action at this time as Village Hall Management Committee had not
yet signed the lease.
Action: Contact Mr Cole (Chmn VHMC) asking if VHMC had cancelled the building part of their insurance as advised by Came & Company as WWPC now insure the building By: Office
12. Development Plan
12.1 Development plan items were deferred to the next meeting with the exception of £5,000 for a community defibrillator.
13. Community Events Loan Fund (CELF) & Associated Risk Assessment
13.1 Consideration of possible community event loan fund and associated risk assessment – The Clerk had sought advice on the legality of setting up such a loan by Parish Councils from NALC, response awaited. Risk Assessment and TORs were deferred until response received from NALC but it was agreed that new Risk Assessment and TORs would be required if legislation meant PCs were not permitted to set up and operate a CELF.
Action: Revise Risk Assessment and TORs for grant funding if CELFs not permitted By: Cllr AS
14. Grants 2020/21
14.1 Consideration of grant applications received – Cllrs considered all applications individually and agreed a draft total. It was agreed that funding for the UBUS if agreed would not be a grant but included in the regular budget.
15. Budget/Precept 2020/21
15.1 Consideration of committee budgets for precept – Cllrs considered the budgets for each committee, the first draft budget was agreed at £240,000
Action: Chase response from SDC as to whether rates are charged to community land with or without car parks By: Office
16. Councillor/Clerk exchange of information – The Clerk had attended a meeting at SDC regarding the CCTV upgrade which
had begun with upgrading of the fibre optics followed by replacement cameras and finally installation of the new cameras.
17. Date of next meeting – 17th December 2019
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 10.05pm.
Chairman Cllr Shepherd
Signed A Shepherd
Date 17 DECEMBER 2019