Highways, Environment & Emergency Committee meeting, 25/06/2019 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Highways, Environment & Emergency Committee of the Council on Tuesday 25th June 2019 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mann, Councillors Mrs Bolton, Harte, Jackson, Mrs Paige-Stimson, Mrs Prior
Acting Clerk: Mrs Skinner Members of public: 2
1. Welcome

2. Approval of Apologies for Absence – none

3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – renumbered in order

4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

5. Declarations of Interest – none

6. Minutes of the meetings on:
26th February 2019 – item 9 change muted to mooted – agreed with amendment, prop Cllr RB, 2nd Cllr YP-S, carried,
14th May 2019 – item 2 Apologies received from Cllr Mrs Bolton, remove Cllr Mann from Apologies – agreed with amendment, prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr YP-S, carried

7. Matters arising (not included in the agenda)
7.1 School bus suggested to run between Sainsbury’s & primary school due to issues of distance from new housing developments to the school
Action Explore idea with school and discuss feasibility By Cllr AP at next meeting with school
Action Obtain indicative costings for 15 and 30 seater bus By office
7.2 Lorries from the Distribution Park on Loxley Road/Dovehouse estate
Action Cut back hedges so road signs are visible By lengthsman
Action Item in Wellesbourne & Walton News to ask public for assistance in noting lorry companies to contact By Cllr AP
Action Explore websites for Sat Navs to report errors and change co-ordinates of entrance to Distribution Park By Cllr SJ / YP-S
7.3 Bus services – email received stating changes to bus services from end of July with details to follow. Awaiting date to meet with Stagecoach
7.4 Exit from Medical Centre – WCC had been approached to explore left only egress.
Action Follow up as no response received By office
7.5 Drain at Persimmon land – bolts missing – had been resolved
7.6 Dropped kerb request at Whitworth Close – this will be revisited

8. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mrs Cook, Church Street
• Requested that copies of minutes be available to public, once approved at the meeting, so that they could follow items being discussed during matters arising
• Stated that Persimmon are paying for bus services to include The Grange and Ettington Park – suggested they could be approached to provide a bus for the school
• Enquired about previously requested hard standing for bus stop at Co-op
• Enquired about previously requested late night lights at Kings Head being switched off as this hasn’t happened yet
• Stated that hedge in Hoppers Lane should be cut back by Kings Head
• Stated that Severn Trent surface water drain at the back of Kings Head is completely blocked by debris they sweep out into it. This is a storm drain – office to contact WCC
• Church street surface is in very poor state of repair and doesn’t get cleaned – office to contact WCC and check road sweeping schedule
• Enquired whether Hastings House notice board is owned by WCC as it is unsightly

9. Highways issues
9.1 Broken wall at White Bridge – no response received from Mr Olafsson. This is not responsibility of Parish Council but is a matter between the property owner and WCC. Cllr AP proposed it should be removed from the agenda for future.
9.2 Contact with Distribution Park Management – new management had been contacted to arrange a site visit and response is awaited
9.3 Traffic Island sponsorship – potential sponsor and landscaper to arrange a meeting. Clerk will advise councillors of date when known
9.4 Meeting request to Stagecoach ref long journey times – covered under matters arising

Page 19

9.5 Speed repeater signs – A new, more cost-effective supplier had been located
Action Identify suitable posts, order signs By office / Cllr RM
Action Install signs By lengthsman
Recent fatal accidents on Ettington Road were raised and some possible contributory factors discussed
Action Approach Persimmon to request more signage to warn drivers beyond The Grange development By office
Action Look at criteria to bid for money from Police & Crime Commissioner funding By Cllrs RM / SJ

10. Grounds Maintenance Contract
10.1 Consideration of litter picking and bus shelter cleaning contracts
Contracts were discussed and with minor amendments recommended to put forward to August Full Council meeting for approval
Litter Picking and waste bin emptying – prop Cllr RB, 2nd Cllr AP, carried
Bus shelter cleaning – prop Cllr RB, 2nd Cllr AP, carried

11. Environment issues
11.1 Public rights of way – no new jobs to be undertaken until current balance of funding known
11.2 Lengthsman Scheme – report noted
Action Job numbers 031WBNE, 032WBNE, 036WBNE to be moved from Lengthsman to Handyman By Clerk
11.2.1 Consideration of Lengthsman contract going forward – meeting convened during July between 5 scheme member parishes to discuss the future options. Lengthsman scheme will become part of the Development Plan
Action Contact WCC to find out if they would continue to fund the scheme and if not, can it be continued without their funding By Clerk
Action Discuss with other parishes By Cllrs and Clerk
11.3 Non land use issues – move into Development Plan discussion

12. Emergency issues
12.1 Emergency plan – GDPR progress – Clerk will follow up outstanding responses on return from leave
Action Meet to discuss and move forward By Cllr AP & Clerk
Action Meet to finalise publication of full plan and abridged version By Cllrs RM / AP / YP-S

13. Development Plan
13.1 Consideration of a four year development plan for HEE
Six areas identified:
Road safety vehicular
Pedestrian
Disability
Mobility
Parking
Lengthsman
Action Email to arrange date for Cllrs wishing to join working group to meet to put outline plan together to bring to next HEE meeting on 13th August By office
Emergency Plan will also continue to be updated to take into account growth of the village and ensure it is kept fit for purpose

14. Councillor, Clerk and non Council members of Committee exchange of information
Cllr RB reported vehicles parking on white lines on corner of Church Street / Warwick Road – office to contact parking enforcement to report
Cllr RB reported overgrown hedges on Newbold Road – office to send letters to residents requesting cutting back
Cllr RM reported overgrown hedges along Loxley Road on Distribution Park side – office to contact WCC to request cutting back
15. Date of next meeting – 13th August 2019

There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 9.24 pm

Chairman Cllr Mann
Signed R W Mann
Date 10th Sept 19
Completed 2/7/19

Page 20