Full Council meeting, 02/07/2019 – minutes

The minutes of a Meeting of the Council on Tuesday 2nd July 2019 at 7.30 pm at the Methodist Hall in Bridge Street Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Mrs Bolton, Mrs Burnard, Cannon, Dipple, Harte, Kendall, Mann,
Mrs Paige-Stimson, Shepherd Acting Clerk: Mrs Skinner Members of the public: 9

1. Welcome and announcements
1.1 Cllr Mrs Prior welcomed four new Parish Councillors; Alex Burnard, Ollie Cannon, Tony Dipple and James Harte

2. Approval of Apologies for Absence – none

3. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Prior declared a pecuniary interest in Item 11.2 – Chairman’s Allowance

4. Confirmation of the order of the agenda
Late Correspondence to be placed before item 16 (renumbering from 16 onward) – agreed

5. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

6. Confirmation of the minutes of the Council Meetings
14th May 2019 – 6th line of Item 11 should read “start their game at 4pm and later to be reverted to 1.30 start and the club paid for
the MUGA cost to close from 1.30 – 4pm.” – Accepted with amendment.
4th June 2019 – Accepted

7. Matters arising (not included in the agenda)
7.1 Street fayre stall for Council was cancelled. The day was successful overall.

8. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mr Reid, Hopkins Way, outlined the issues identified with planning application 19/01234/FUL which the Parish Council had
previously objected to.
Mr Wright, Ettington Close, raised an issue with spoil heaps being created on east side of The Grange with soil taken from west side of Ettington Road development. This appears to be a long term landscaped spoil heap and he asked if permission was included to put spoil into that field
Action: To investigate as an urgent matter By: Cllr DK
Mr Davis, Oxford Way, enquired about Section 106 monies that had not been received. Cllr DK stated, that after investigation,
SDC and WWPC were satisfied everything had been paid. The Chairman stated that the matter was now closed.

9. District & County Council matters
Cllr Mrs Parry’s report – noted. There should be an update on five year housing land supply soon. HRI site was identified for
employment & education & there will be no housing on that site. Flying function at the airfield would be retained as part of core
strategy. County – £10k delegated budget had been agreed for additional signage on Charlecote Road to improve road safety
which needed agreement from parish council. Cllr Mrs Parry invited applications from Wellesbourne groups for Cllr delegated
budget grants.

10. Planning
10.1 Decisions
19/01034/FUL Conversion of existing garage to living area and hallway and replacement of garage windows with floor to ceiling height windows. 1no. 5.9m front extension of left hand side elevation to align with existing neighbouring properties front facades. Extension of pitched roof to front elevation as required. 1no. 4.2m extension to rear living area. Internal alterations. All materials to match existing.
At 46 Mountford Close For G S Blyth
Permission with conditions
19/01189/TREE T1 – Cypress – Crown thin and reduce height by 5 metres to previous pruning points
At The Barn House, Chestnut Square For Mrs Mollie Corker
Consent with conditions
10.2 Applications
19/01438/FUL Insert 2 No dormer windows onto North East (front) elevation.
At The Oaks, Walton Road, Wellesbourne For Mr Kendrick – Barleycrest Properties Ltd
Planning officer Richard Lambert Date 5th July 2019
No objection. Cllr Prior abstained
19/00728/FUL Conversion, alteration and rationalisation of existing holiday let accommodation to provide two dwellings with associated works
At Kingsmead Farm, Stratford Road For Mr Simon Butterfield Lionsgate Capital
Planning officer Amy Flute Date 12 July 2019

Page 23

19/00310/FUL Conversion, alterations and rationalisation of existing holiday let accommodation to provide one dwelling
with associated works
At Kingsmead Farm, Stratford Road For Mr Simon Butterfield Lionsgate Capital
Planning officer Amy Flute Date 12 July 2019
10.3 19/01234/FUL – Email from Planning Officer request for PC to reconsider the decision – After consideration it was agreed
to change the parish council view to no objection.
10.4 Date of next Area Planning Meetings: 10th July 2019, 7th August 2019

11. Finance Committee
11.1 Chairman’s update – queries noted in the management accounts were raised for the RFO
Cllr Mrs Prior left the meeting
Approval of monthly accounts as per attached cheque list Cheque 106812 should come from Unilateral Agreement monies Agreed with amendment Prop Cllr DK, 2nd Cllr AS carried
Cllr Prior returned to the meeting
Approval of staff salaries Agreed Prop Cllr DK, 2nd Cllr AS, carried
11.4 Monthly management accounts – noted
11.5 External Audit – no further correspondence
11.6 Date of next meeting 16th July 2019

12. Highways, Environment and Emergency Committee
12.1 Chairman’s report – noted Cllrs were requested to respond to meeting request for Development Plan working group.
Action Contact WCC to discuss position of signage on Loxley Road Office
Action Discuss continued funding for lengthsman scheme with WCC Office
12.2 Date of next meeting 13th August 2019

13. Community Facilities Committee
13.1 Chairman reported that SDC has agreed to the planning application for Newbold Road to be submitted and that indicative costings for various projects have been sought. The company contracted to put the planning application together had done an initial one and that would be considered at the meeting the next week.
13.2 Medical Centre/Dog Close update – no further forward with the lease
13.3 Date of next meeting – 9th July 2019

14. Office & Staffing
14.1 Approval of amended Appraisal Policy – Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr YP-S, carried.
Action Put dated copy of policy into Cllr folders All Cllrs
14.2 Appraisals update – all staff appraisals had been completed.

15. Warwickshire County Council Gas Policy
15.1 Consultation document – Cllrs discussed the content of the document

16. Late correspondence – Thank you letters were received for grant funding from Revd Bartlem for Wellesbourne Youth
Services, Mr Close for Precinct Improvement Project, Mr Manning for Allotment Assoc. & feedback form from Cricket Club

17. Wellesbourne & Walton Parish Council – as a Market Authority
17.1 Role of a Market Authority meeting update – Cllr AP and The Clerk to meet with Pat Matjaszek 10th July 2019

18. Code of Conduct video
18.1 Date arranged on 23rd July at 7pm at Parish Council office for viewing/discussion

19. Wellesbourne and Walton News – Cllr AP
Proposed contents: Chairman’s report, New Councillors photos, biographies and contact details, Cherry Orchard uncut grass
To enhance comment about the WWPC Development Plan, Request for letters from public not to be sent anonymously so that response can be made
Cllr RB to write a piece about WWPC’s acquisition of Chedham’s Yard. Also piece to be written about Public Works Loans Board for MUGA and the building of WSCC for the front page article. Cllr AS to write about grants for September edition

20. WALC
20.1 Southern Area Committee meeting – not attended
Action Contact WALC for update on meeting Cllr AP

21. Cllr and Clerk Exchange of Information
Cllr Bolton raised concern about an article in Stratford View which did not correctly emphasise the importance of the
Neighbourhood Plan and asked SDC to be contacted – Action: Cllr Parry to address

Page 24

22. Items/reports for the next meeting by 18th July 2019
Table of monthly meeting dates
Full Council 6th August 2019 Finance 16th July 2016
Highways/Environment/Emergency committee 13th August 2019 Community Facilities committee 9th July 2019

There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 8.56pm.

Chairman (Cllr Mrs Prior) Signed EMR Bolton Date 6/7/19 Completed 12th July 2019