WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes for an Extra-ordinary meeting of the Council on Tuesday 14th May 2019at 7.00pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Kendall, Mann, Mrs Paige-Stimson, Shepherd Clerk: Mrs Scriven
Members of public: 3
2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Mrs Bolton & Jackson
3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – agreed
4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none
5. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the WSCC as a Trustee
Cllr Kendall declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the WSCC as a Trustee
6. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
Recommendation to approve the appointment of Wellan to manage, prepare and present
the planning application for change of use of the Newbold Road site to Stratford District Council Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr DK
It was noted the application should be for parking and sports facilities.
8. Approval of the AGAR (Annual Governance & Accountability Return) – Moved to Ex-ord meeting 21st May
8.1 Consideration of the Annual Governance Statement 2018/19
8.2 Recommendation to approve and sign the Annual Governance Statement 2018/19
8.3 Consideration of the Accounting Statements by Councillors 2018/19
8.4 Recommendation to approve and sign the Accounting Statement 2018/19
9. Correspondence – WSCC ref car park – Cllrs discussed the request and agreed that WWPC had not got a budget for this. Cllr AP confirmed the work had begun and the outstanding amount would have to come from the running accounts for the business, likely to have a significant impact on the business account.
Action: Write to Trustees of WSCC explaining the request had been refused due to no available budget. By: Clerk
Approval of payments as per the attached cheque list Prop Cllr DK, 2nd Cllr YP-S Carried
Cllrs agreed that any grant with conditions that had not been met at this time would be retained by the Council until the evidence was in place.
11. Cllr and Clerk exchange of information
Cllr Prior explained there had been correspondence from a gentleman who was secretary/umpire from the Cotswold cricket league relaying his concern that cricket balls had the potential to enter into the MUGA and hurt users. He had suggested that WWPC should pay for nets to be placed around the area or that the MUGA be closed to the public during cricket matches. The Clerk had also spoken to the gent an explained that the Chairman of the Council had taken this up with the England Cricket Board upon opening the MUGA who had confirmed this to be the direct responsibility of the Cricket Club. Following conversation, it was agreed that the club would start their game at 4pm, and later to be reverted to 1.30 start, and the club paid for the MUGA cost to close from 1.30 – 4pm. It was noted this would be a one off arrangement as the WSCC could not afford to lose the revenue or the benefit for the community using the facility.
12. Date of next meeting – 4th June 2019
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 7.40pm
Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior
Signed A Prior Date 2/7/19