Skip to content

Community Facilities Committee meeting, 26/03/2019 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Community facilities Committee of the Council on Tuesday 26th March 2019 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office, 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors Mrs Bolton, Kendall, Shepherd
Non-Councillor member: Mr Isted Acting Clerk: Mrs Skinner Members of public: 3

1. Welcome

2. Approval of Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Jackson, Mann, Mrs Paige-Stimson

3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – agreed

4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – Item 11.5 Licence for Alterations as a legal matter. Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr DK

5. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Mrs Bolton declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to The Village Hall as a representative on the committee
Cllr Kendall declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as a Trustee.
Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as a Trustee.
Mr Isted declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the Sports Association as a member

6. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mrs McDonagh, Mountford Close, expressed concerns regarding school traffic and was interested to hear how Newbold Road field may reduce the problems.
Mrs Cook, Church Street, queried whether a decision had been made on the future use of the Youth Hut
Mr Podbury, Kineton Road, stated that the Sports Association AGM had been very poorly attended although the individual clubs were well supported.

7. Minutes of the meeting on 15th January 2019
Item 9.1.1 to have seconder Cllr RB added. With amendment Proposed Cllr RB, 2nd Cllr AP

8. Matters arising
Fencing at Mountford sports field play area has begun and should be completed early April
Repair of roller at Dovehouse play area – completed
Replacement of swings – four ordered for Dovehouse; Mountford doesn’t need replacements

9. Play areas
Recommendation to approve the preferred contractor to for the Wet-pour contract to repair the play surfaces at Dovehouse and Mountford play areas. Decision to accept quotation from Company 1, Prop Cllr DK, 2nd Cllr RB, carried. Recommendation to go to Full Council 2nd April

10. Budget 2018/19
Within budget for the year
Replacement notice board for Dovehouse Drive/Oxford Way has been ordered.
Three waste bins have been ordered for Dog Close, Newbold Road and a replacement elsewhere.
Grass cutting has started and two cuts will come out of 2018/19 budget

11. Sports Association
11.1 Mr Isted reported that Wellesbourne Wanderers will struggle to find enough pitches for the coming season and that adult football will cease as a section for the time being.
11.2 Repairs at Mountford Sports field have started. A fence has been erected and once there is better weather and the ground condition improves, seeding will take place. Parking at the site needs to be considered for events and the forthcoming cricket season
Write to Bowls Club to ask for detailed plan of how they will manage the parking arrangements for Beer Festival in May. Bowls Club should also seek permission for the event to take place. By office
11.3 Building inspection letter Bowls Club – noted
11.4 Building inspection letter Cricket Club – noted. Notice of actions as a result of inspection has been received from Cricket Club.
11.5 Licence for alterations relating to Sports Association – moved to CONFIDENTIAL

12. Chedham’s Yard
12.1 Building inspection letter – noted

13. WSCC
13.1 Building inspection letter – noted

Page 113

13.2 Phase 2 development – car park is to be completed next after building work is completed. Landscaping is to be looked at but will not be as much as originally planned due to the slope required for proper car park drainage. Windows upstairs require replacement but everything else is complete.

14. Forward Planning
14.1 Dog Close land
14.1.1 Lease still not received as there are still questions about which party is responsible for different aspects of the land. Land doesn’t appear to have been seeded yet
Contact Dr Reid-Jones to determine when ground will be levelled and seeded. Also to ask that gate accessing Dog Close is locked By Cllr AP

14.2 Village Hall
14.2.1 Lease to Village Hall Management Committee – their solicitor has contacted WWPC with further questions.
14.2.2 Car park and youth hut – decisions need to be finalised for Youth Hut before car park work can be commenced. Advice to be sought from a suitably qualified builder or surveyor to ascertain what needs to be done to get Youth Hut into a useable condition.
14.2.3 Quote for car park – indicative costing, further quotes will be required once the future of the site is decided.

14.3 Newbold Road land
14.3.1 Flood Risk report – area for proposed sports pitches is not at risk of flooding. The proposals will not have a detrimental effect on the land.
14.3.2 Next steps
A planning application will be needed for change of use and the work needed for the entrance. Need to seek expert advice on the work needed.
Contact SDC Planning Department for initial responses to work proposed and for list of companies who would be able to carry out the work By Cllr AP / Clerk

15. Christmas Lights
Recommendation to approve the preferred contractor for installation of Christmas lights – Decision to accept quotation from Company 1 – Prop Cllr DK, 2nd Cllr RB, Carried. Recommendation to go to Full Council 2nd April

16. Correspondence – Girlguiding letter requesting clarity and amendment – Girlguiding wanted it to be recorded that they are not in a position financially to support any work on the Youth Hut but might in future want to hire the facility.
Write to Girlguiding to acknowledge that the Council recognises they might wish to use the Youth Hut in the future but there had been a misunderstanding that they might contribute financially By office

17. Joseph Arch commemorations – Cllr YPS to discuss this at future meeting

18. Cllr, Clerk and members exchange of information
Mr Isted requested that there should be a change in the trustees of the Sports Association.

19. Date of next meeting – 21st May 2019

Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if members of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and Part 1 Schedule 12A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded
CONFIDENTIAL:

11.5 Licence for Alterations was discussed and it was confirmed that WWPC owns the Sports Association properties. The licence for alterations is in addition to the current lease and should contain schedule of works and plans along with dates for commencement and completion of works. Grant conditions should be contained in a separate document, to be discussed at a future meeting. Licence and grant conditions to be presented to the Cricket Club before the end of April to enable work to progress.
Seek advice from solicitor By Cllr AP

There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 8:58pm

Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior

Signedm A Prior

Date 30/4/90

Completed 1/4/19

Page 114

Scroll To Top