Skip to content

Full Council meeting, 02/04/2019 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes for the Meeting of the Council on Tuesday 2nd April 2019 at 7.30 pm at the Methodist Hall Bridge Street Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Barritt, Kendall, Mrs Paige-Stimson, Shepherd, Storey Clerk: Mrs Scriven
County/District Councillors: 2 Members of public: 9

1. Welcome and announcements – There would be filming during the meeting as SDC were putting together a Code of Conduct video using pictures of a Parish Council meeting taking place . It was agreed to extend Cllr Jackson’s leave for a further 2 months. Elections – all nominations must be with the Election Officer at SDC no later than 4pm tomorrow.

2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Mrs Bartlett, Mrs Bolton, Jackson, Mann.

3. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Kendall declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the WSCC and Chedham’s Yard as a Trustee and items
pertaining to the youth services as the Council representative.
Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the WSCC as a Trustee.

4. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – agreed

5. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – Item 11.5 if any individual discussion

6. Confirmation of the minutes of the Council Meetings of the 5th March 2019 – accepted

7. Matters arising (not included in the agenda) – none

8. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mr Olaffson, The Old Vicarage, asked who was responsible for the fallen wall on the boundary of his property? The Chairman
said the documents supplied had been sent to Warwickshire County Council’s legal department and response awaited.
Mr Timms, Touchdown Café/Wellesbourne Airfield Supporters said the tenants at the airfield had lost their High Court appeal
meaning they had to be off site by 15th July but it was hoped to negotiate an extension. The Judge was not permitted to know
about the Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO), Core Strategy and Neighbourhood Plan now in place and had to consider the appeal
on the circumstances at the time of lodging the appeal. The Chairman commented that this was incredulous.
Mr Timms continued that in Dec 2016 the Littler family who own the airfield applied to demolish the buildings so the businesses
had no choice but to take up a legal challenge. Gladman’s had devalued the businesses by over £200K overnight and the
businesses challenging this had bore the cost of this challenge personally. It was noted that two businesses took the option to leave
on an agreed date of Sept 29th instead of going to appeal and the timescale to eviction order was 3mths and 21 days from the order
being made. Cllr Mrs Parry asked Mr Timms to contact her with a view to getting the campaign out to larger news teams.

9. District Council matters
County Council matters
Cllr Kendall – SDC are pushing the CPO as hard as possible.
Cllr Mrs Parry – report noted. A meeting had been arranged with Cllrs Parry & Prior and PC Morgan & PCSO Bailey to discuss policing matters. Cllr Parry had asked to join the Children’s Committee. Cllr Mrs Prior said a child had been assaulted in the underpass and asked Cllr Mrs Parry to push for earlier installation of the CCTV camera by SDC.

10. Planning
10.1 Amendments
1.
19/00299/FUL Proposed single storey rear glazed veranda and proposed extension to front porch
At 8 Constance Harris For Mr & Mrs G Sims
Planning Officer Ryan OKeeffe
Date 3rd April 2019
No objection
10.2 Appeals
1.
18/01600/FUL Construction of one detached bungalow with all associated works
At 9 Kineton Road For Mr & Mrs Albert and Mary Holbert
Planning officer Date 17th April
The Council reiterate its objection to the appeal committee and noted that the land at the side of the property had been sold for
development, thus further overdevelopment of the site.
10.3 Applications
19/00695/FUL Construction of garage/workshop to side of dwelling
At 10 Granville Road For Mr James Canney

Page 1

Planning officer Sian Gardner Date 10th April 2019
No objection
10.4 Date of next Area Planning Meeting, 10th April 2019, 25th April 2019

11. Finance Committee – Cllr AS
11.1 Chairman’s report – noted
11.2
Approval of monthly accounts as per attached cheque list Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr Mrs YPS carried
11.3
Approval of staff salaries Prop Cllr DK, 2nd Cllr RB carried
11.4 Management accounts RFO – noted
11.5
Recommendation that the Council approve the grants for 2019-20 as per the attached list
subject to the General and specific conditions mentioned. Total £22,514. Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr DK
carried
11.6
Recommendation that when the payments are made in respect of the approved grants,
that the general and specific conditions are clearly specified in the approval letter and that
each successful applicant is provided with an additional copy of the Feedback form for
completion. Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr Mrs YPS
carried
11.7
Recommendation that the Council approve a further rent free licence of office space at the
Parish Council offices for the period 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020 on the same terms as
previously agreed to each of Stratford Upon Avon Citizens Advice, and Chedham’s Yard
Trust. The previously agreed use of office space by Wellesbourne Sports & Community
Centre to continue as agreed until the end of March 2020. Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr RB
carried
11.8 Date of next meeting – 23rd April 2019

12. Highways, Environment and Emergency Committee
12.1 Chairman’s update – Cllr R Barritt detailed the issues considered at the HEE committee meeting which included arisings to
be collected by WCC from the coppice opposite the Mountford play area recently cleared by the Lengthsman, a complaint about
high kerbs at the crossing making wheelchair access difficult, erosion of the footpath at the end of Church Walk, grass
overgrowing footways and potholes.
12.2 Correspondence
12.2.1 Noise from WCC depot early in the morning complaint from resident – reported to WCC Highways who have addressed
the site management.
12.2.2 Rubbish along A429 complaint from resident – passed to SDC street cleaning for clearance
12.3 Date of next meeting – 14th May 2019

13. Community Facilities Committee – Cllr Mrs AP
13.1 Chairman’s update – Fence around Mountford play area almost completed, the repair on the entrance to the Bowls
Club was well underway with the protective fence installed, Dovehouse play area log had been repaired and swing seats ordered
to replace those broken.
13.2
Recommendation to approve the preferred contractor for the Wet-pour contract to repair the play surfaces at Dovehouse and Mountford play areas Prop Cllr Mrs AP, 2nd Cllr DK
carried
13.3
Recommendation to approve the preferred contractor for installation of Christmas lights Prop Cllr Mrs AP, 2nd Cllr Mrs YPS carried
13.4 Date of next meeting – 30th April 2019 – NB change of date

14. Office & Staffing Committee – Cllr Mrs RB
14.1 Chairman’s update – nothing to report
14.2 Date of next meeting – 29th April 2019

15. Annual Parish Meeting – 12th March 2019
15.1 Update Cllr AP – this was a successful evening with well prepared speakers. Grateful thanks were given to those who assisted with the posting of the APM reports and the ladies who made tea and coffee for everyone on the night. 63 residents attended the meeting.

16.
Recommendation to adopt the proposed Terms of Reference for Working Parties / Sub-Committees of the Council Prop Cllr Mrs AP, 2nd Cllr RB
carried

Page 2

17. Governance Review
Response to further advice – Cllr Mrs AP said the Elections Officer had advised this could not be implemented until 2023, and there were several options were considered. It was agreed to carry this discussion forward with suggestions to an Ex Ord meeting.

18. Meeting Dates for 2019 / 2020 – Clerk – for noting (it was noted possible changes may be made)

19. Wellesbourne and Walton News – Cllr Mrs AP
19.1 Proposed contents – Back page Elections, Playground renovations, grant results, support for the airfield
19.1.1 Chairman’s report – Cllr Mrs AP

20. Cllr and Clerk Exchange of Information
Cllr Barritt asked if there had been any news on the additional planning for 17 houses – no update received.

21. Items/reports for the next meeting by 18th April 2019

19. Date of next meeting – 7th May 2019

There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 8.45pm.

Chairman Cllr Prior

Signed A Prior

Date 16/4/19
Completed 9th April 2019

Page 3

Scroll To Top