WELLESBOURNE & WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes of the Finance Committee of the Council meeting on Tuesday 18th December 2018 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council office, 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Chairman: Cllr Shepherd Councillors: Barritt, Mrs Bolton, Kendall, Mann, Mrs Prior Clerk: Mrs Scriven
Finance Officer: Des Thomas Members of public 0
1. Welcome by Chairman
2. Apologies for Absence – Cllr Mrs Paige-Stimson
3. Confirmation of Agenda – add late correspondence from AMW at 14 and renumber onwards – agreed
4. Identification of any items likely to be resolved to confidential session – item 11 and item 13 – agreed
5. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Kendall declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to grants as a member of St Peter’s Youth Group.
Cllr Mrs Prior declared a pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to item 12 Chairman’s Allowance as the recipient.
Cllr Mrs Bolton declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the Village Hall as a representative of the Hall.
6. Confirmation of minutes of the meeting of 13th November 2018 – Prop Cllr Mrs RB, 2nd Cllr DK carried
7. Matters arising (not indicated as a separate agenda item)
7.1 Barclays Bank complaint letter – update Clerk – there had been no response made to the complaint.
Action: Write to the Bank again expressing discontent at there lack of response to the complaint. By: Cllr Shepherd
8. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
9. Internal Audit
9.1 Internal Audit Report – update Clerk – Congratulations were expressed to the Clerk and RFO, the Report was considered at Full Council 4th December.
10. Management Accounts
10.1 Review of queries raised for year end – 2017/18 – RFO – received and resolved.
11 – moved to confidential session
12. Budget/Precept for 2019/20
Recommendation to Full Council to agree the Precept request set out by the Finance Committee as £230,000 Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr AP carried
13 – moved to confidential session
14. Late correspondence – AMW – It was noted that there had been an under-charge for services provided by AMW for litter picking. It was agreed to check the contract for detail of the schedule and bring to January full Council for a decision.
Action: Check contract and add to January agenda By: Office
15. Councillor/Clerk exchange of information
Cllr Prior – it had been agreed with the RFO and Chairman of Finance that the RFO should attend the November and December Finance Committee meetings and the January Full Council meeting.
Cllr Shepherd – It was pleasing to see the Medical Centre was now completing. It was noted that handover was planned for 16th January.
16. Date of next Committee meeting 22nd January 2018
Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if members of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and Part 1 Schedule 12A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded
11.1 Review of 2018/19 Grant feedback forms Clerk – Cllrs were informed of the feedback forms received .
11.2 Grant applications 2019/20- further consideration was given to the grants and the financial total agreed for budgeting.
11.3 Response for non-financial assistance (CAB/Chedham’s Yard/Parenting Project) – Cllrs agreed to a rent free licence until March 2020 and for WSCC to use the meeting room one evening per month – Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr Mrs RB, carried.
Recommendation to full Council to grant the rent free licence and room use as detailed By: Office
13. RFO’s hours/salary – The Clerk provided the RFO and Cllrs with a summary of payments due for the RFO since the hour change was made to the RFO job. The RFO and Cllrs agreed the details and approved the payment schedule.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.00pm
Chairman Cllr Shepherd
Signed A Shepherd
Date 19 March 2019
Completed 24th December