Skip to content

Community Facilities Committee meeting, 15/01/2019 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes for a meeting of the Community facilities Committee of the Council on
Tuesday 15th January 2019 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Mrs Bolton, Mrs Paige-Stimson Clerk: Mrs Scriven
Non Council members: 0 Members of public: 3

1. Welcome

2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Mann, Jackson Non Council member Mr Isted, Mr Lawley

3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – agreed

4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – item 13.2 as contract work – agreed

5. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to item 15 WSCC as a Trustee.
Cllr Mrs Paige-Stimson declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the Youth Hut as a representative of the Scouts

6. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mrs Cook, Church Street, asked if the Parish Council defibrillator could be made accessible outside the building. It was confirmed by the Clerk that the landlord would not permit it and that the unit was an indoor defibrillator only. She asked when work was due to begin at the Kings Head and where the building materials were to be delivered and stored. The buses were no longer stopping on Warwick Road (no15) and Mrs Cook would be taking the matter up with WCC and Stagecoach.
Mr Podbury, Kineton Road, on behalf of the Sports Association/Cricket Club *see appendix 1
The Chairman informed Mr Podbury that the Council Solicitor would require a copy of the plans and specification for the building for him to draw up the document.

7. Minutes of the meeting on 20th November 2018 – Cllr Mrs P-S requested that her interest as representative of the Scouts and Guides in future projects involving the youth hut be stated after the discussion on the village hall – accepted with amendment

8. Matters arising – none

9. Play areas
9.1.1
Recommendation to approve the preferred contractor to fence off the play area and trim
trail area of the Mountford sports field play area Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr RB Agreed

9.1.2 ROSPA report (Dovehouse)
Quotes to be sought for wet-pour to repair both Dovehouse and Mountford play areas
Bolt on football goal to be tightened
Baby swings to be replaced as in poor condition By: Office
By: Handyman
By: Office/Handyman

10. Grounds Maintenance contract 2019 – 2022 – Cllrs considered the contract and agreed to request if the contractor for grass maintenance and those carrying out litter picking would continue until the end of the season to bring the contracts all in line for renewal at the same time.
Action: Contractors to be asked to extend the contracts for the purpose of more efficient housekeeping. By: Office

11. Budget 2018/19
The committee was within budget, but it was noted that there were repairs arising from the ROSPA report to be carried out before year end. It was noted that the Christmas lights contract was ending this year
Agenda item – Christmas Lights Tender document

12. Handyman – the Handyman had cleared the embankment and the green next to and inside of the underpass of litter.

13. Sports Association
13.1 No update available – Mr Podbury said dog fouling on the cricket pitch continued and it was noted that two men walking their dogs at night with flashlights were allowing their dogs to foul the grounds without picking up the mess – to be reported to the SDC Dog control technician.
13.2 Quotation for repairs at Mountford Sports field – moved to confidential
13.3 Building inspection update –– Dates agreed February 1st – 2pm Cricket Club and 3pm Bowls Club.

14. Chedham’s Yard
14.1 Building inspection – Date agreed February 8th – 3pm.

15. WSCC
15.1 Building inspection – Date agreed February 1st – 4pm.

Page 89

15.2 Phase 2 development – the upper floor development was ahead of schedule, work had been completed on the lower floor
disabled provisions. The new gym equipment was custom built, and the official launch would be in April, and the membership of
the centre was now almost 400.

16. Forward Planning – Cllr Mrs AP/Clerk
16.1 Leases (Dog Close land/Village Hall) – update Cllr Mrs AP
Dog Close lease – queries raised remained outstanding and it was noted that the Medical Centre completion had fallen behind.
Village Hall lease – this lease could now proceed as SDC had agreed to write a letter to be appended to the lease regarding the Community Asset registration. Cllr Mrs RB said the Village Hall Trustees had met to discuss the draft lease for the Management Committee and Cllr Mrs RB would report back to the Council at the next meeting.
16.1 Meeting with school (Mr Granelly – Chair of Governors/Pick Everard consultant) – update Cllr AP
Meeting to be arranged once the flood risk assessment documentation had been received. WWPC were awaiting results of the Topographical Survey. Cllr Mrs YP-S said there was a willingness to fund any remedial works on the youth hut by the Scouts & Guides and suggested that the Council could use the builders who the Scout/Guide groups were in contact with.

17. Joseph Arch – commemorations – Cllr Mrs YP-S said a save the date for 2nd June had been circulated to Scout and Guide groups and said it would be possible for the youngsters from the Sports Association to join them on the walk. It was suggested that the Lengthsman walk the route with Cllr Mrs YP-S in order to see any areas requiring vegetation clearance.

18. Cllr, Clerk and members exchange of information
Cllr Mrs Paige-Stimson – showed Cllrs an initiative being implemented by the Scouts to help with the problem of dog fouling.
This was made from plastic bottles filled with bags for dog waste to act as a bag dispenser on street furniture. It was noted that permission from WCC would be required to hang these from street furniture. Cllrs were informed that the Scouts were planning a growth project with the intention to open an Explorer unit (14-18yr olds) as well as additional Beaver and Cub units and that they would be seeking meeting halls.
Cllr Mrs Prior said she had been invited to attend the Allotment Society AGM.

19. Date of next meeting – 26th February 2019

Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if members of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and Part 1 Schedule 12A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded
CONFIDENTIAL
Cllrs considered the quotes for the Bowls Club entrance repair and agreed Company 1 – Prop Cllr Mrs RB, 2nd Cllr Mrs YP-S
Carried. Recommendation to full council to accept the preferred contractor to carry out the repairs at the Bowls Club entrance.

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 8.50pm

Chairman Cllr Prior

Signed A Prior

Date 26/3/19

Page 90

Scroll To Top