WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes of an Extra-ordinary meeting of the Council on Tuesday 29th January 2019 at 7.00pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Mrs Bolton, Barritt, Mann, Mrs Paige-Stimson, Shepherd, Storey
Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public:
1. Welcome & Announcements – The Chairman confirmed that the Village Hall lease had finally been signed and completed
The letter received from the Village Hall Management Committee would be responded to now the Council solicitor had addressed the issues raised. Dog Close lease remained unsigned as the issues raised by Cllrs remained unresolved.
2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Jackson, Kendall
3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – add 7.2.1 two planning matters, 14 Chapel Street and Willett House – agreed
4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none
5. Declarations of Interest – Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as a Trustee
6. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – Mrs Cook, Church Street, noted that signs advertising racing had appeared around the village on street furniture, SDC were promoting spraying florescent spray around dog foul in hot spots in the district and the grit bins had been replenished.
7. Urgent Planning – Cllr AP
18/03443/FUL Single storey rear extension
At 47 Warwick Road For Mr John Bailey
Case officer Lindsey Young By 30th January 2019
18/03686/FUL Proposed single storey rear and side extension, external alterations to dwelling and raising eaves level of dormer windows
At 9 Mountford Close For Mr Allen
Case officer Zoya Zulfiqar By 4th February 2019
19/00086/FUL Construction of single storey side extension (amendment to planning application 18/01963/FUL)
At 19 Gloster Gardens For Mr Oliver Cross
Case officer Sian Gardner By 7th February 2019
18/03152/FUL Demolition of steel portal framed building and extension to the existing commercial greenhouses (replacing the external storage area). Erection of no.2 water tanks and alterations to car parking area and associated landscaping.
At The Tree House, Church Road, Charlecote For Mr C Cox Natural Green
Case officer Eleanor Bass By 31st January 2019
No objection – The Council asked that the footpath be retained and preserved
1. 14 Chapel Street – Cllrs withdrew their objection.
2. 18/00977/FUL – Willett House – The Council objected on the grounds this was overdevelopment of the site, the plans do not accord with the Core Strategy, the development has no one person occupancy dwellings, does not satisfy the flood risk in an area already prone to flooding as there has been no visible address of the concern that piping more water into the Newbold brook water course would acerbate flooding of the properties backing onto the brook that have already been subject to severe flood, parking allocation remains inadequate for the number of people despite the addition of 6 visitor spaces this is still insufficient for the number of large properties proposed, traffic management remains a concern as it still does not account for traffic movement of the development traffic and its impact on the residents living at this location as well as the additional school traffic especially if the site traffic were to start at 7.30am, and there is no green open space allocation.
8. Cllr AS asked if the payment for WSCC was Unilateral money or Sec106. Cllr AP said it was Sec106 as the agreement specifically says for development of the property or facilities within the property and considered CCTV integral to the facilities to ensure safety and security of the facility and persons within.
Approval of payments as per attached cheque list Prop Cllr Mrs RB 2nd Cllr AS carried
9. Cllr AS queried the public contracts social impact/use of local suppliers or employees. Cllrs agreed that the contract did not fall into the EU contracts regulations due to its low cost, the Clerk confirmed that contractor A was local and had done work for the Parish Council previously.
Recommendation to accept the preferred contractor for the installation of the fencing around the Mountford play area – Contractor A was ageed Prop Cllr Mrs AP, 2nd Cllr Mrs RB
Carried Cllr AS abstained
Recommendation to accept the quote for reinstatement of the Bowls Club entrance and fencing to protect the repair Prop Cllr Mrs AP 2nd Cllr RB
Cllrs agreed that during the works the Bowls and Cricket Clubs be asked to park sensibly, not to park if the ground was really wet or saturated and to request the dray lorry deliver from Elliott Drive entrance to the park.
Action:Letter to be sent to the Bowls/Cricket Club via WSA alerting them to the parking requirements during repair works. By: Office
11. Cllr and Clerk exchange of information
Cllr Mrs Prior said there had been an interesting article in the Herald relating to Joseph Arch and reminded Cllrs that the building inspections were on 1st February.
12. Date of next meeting – 5th February 2019
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 7.45pm
Chairman Cllr Prior
Signed A Prior
(Completed 1st February)