WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes for the Meeting of the Council on Tuesday 12th February 2019 at 7.30 pm at the Methodist Hall in Bridge Street Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Mrs Bolton, Mrs Paige-Stimson, Shepherd, Storey
Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 1
1. Welcome and announcements
2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Barritt, Mrs Bartlett, Jackson, Kendall, Mann
3. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – additional planning at 7.1.3 School application and Kings Head application agreed
4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none
5. Declarations of Interest – Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to item 8 WSCC as a Trustee
6. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
7. Urgent Planning
7.1 Planning applications
19/00049/FUL Construction of new house with new access and parking
At The Nurseries, Lowes Lane For Mr A West Mrs C Kafourous
Planning officer Fernando Barber-Martinez Date 12th February 2019
19/00053/FUL Proposed new dwelling with associated landscaping and off road parking
At 13 Church Street, Wellesbourne For Mr Luke Clark MWBC Ltd
Planning officer Ian Guffick Date 20th February 2019
Support – more in keeping with the street scene and regeneration of a semi derelict area.
Wellesbourne School – Cllrs considered the application and mitigating actions being taken to avoid odour and noise nuisance to the neighbouring properties. It was noted that whilst the existing trees were being removed they were to be replaced with substantial species. Cllrs acknowledged it would improve the infrastructure of the growing village and detailed flood risks had been carried out showing no increased risk of flood. The Council supported the application.
Kings Head – Cllrs considered the information received from the Tree Officer at SDC and agreed to withdraw the objection.
8. It was noted that there were two payments of identical amounts – this was not an error but two half payments for one invoice due to the restriction by the bank of £25K per day per invoice.
Approval of payments as per attached cheque list Prop Cllr AS 2nd Cllr Mrs YPS carried
9. Cllr and Clerk exchange of information
Cllr Mrs Bolton said Cllrs had carried out building inspections on the Bowls Club, Cricket Club, WSCC and Chedham’s Yard
Clerk – the underpass behind the Co-op had been covered in graffiti again. This had been reported to WCC Bridges section and the local Police cc to the Police and Crime Commissioner.
10. Date of next meeting – 5th March 2019
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 7.40pm
Chairman Cllr Prior
Signed A Prior
(Completed 19th February)