WELLESBOURNE & WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes of the Finance Committee of the Council meeting on Tuesday 13th November 2018 at 7.30pm at the
Parish Council office, 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Shepherd Councillors: Mrs Bolton, Kendall, Mann, Mrs Paige-Stimson, Mrs Prior
Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 2
1. Welcome by Chairman – The Cllrs welcomed Cllrs Kendall & Mrs Paige-Stimson to the committee.
2. Apologies for Absence – Cllr Barritt
3. Confirmation of Agenda and identification of any items likely to be resolved to confidential session – Item 10 Grants into confidential session as of a commercial nature – agreed
4. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSA and Precinct Improvement Group as the Council representative and WSCC as a Trustee.
Cllr Kendall declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to St Peter’s Youth Service as a Council representative and WSCC as a Trustee
Cllr Mrs Bolton declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the Village Hall as a member of the Management Committee and Council representative.
5. Confirmation of minutes of the meeting of 9th October 2018 – agreed
6. Matters arising (not indicated as a separate agenda item)
Complaint to Barclays Bank – no response received
Clerk has chased Barclays Bank for the online banking authorisation for one of the account signatories.
7. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mr Podbury, Kineton Road asked why the Sec 106 arrangement with the Cricket Club had not been dealt with in confidential
session in the same way the grants are considered? Cllrs confirmed that Sec106 was originally discussed by the Council in
confidential session but once the decisions were made, the document became public as with the grants which are posted on
to the Parish Council website once approved as part of the monthly accounting and declared in the meeting during public session.
8. Internal Audit
8.1 Internal Audit – The audit for April – September had been completed and the report was awaited.
9. Management Accounts
9.1 Review of queries raised for year end – 2017/18 – No update had been received from the RFO
9.2 Review of accounts for 2018/19 – Cllrs had been provided with Management accounts prior to the meeting.
9.3 Review of non-financial assistance (CAB/Chedham’s Yard/Parenting Project)
Action – contact all three and request confirmation they still wished to have use of a room at the office extended until end of March 2020. By: Office
10. Grants – moved to confidential session
11. Budget/Precept for 2019/20 – Cllrs considered the first draft figures of the budget to be revised at next meeting
12. Councillor/Clerk exchange of information – none
13. Date of next Committee meeting 18th December 2018
Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if members of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and Part 1 Schedule 12A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded
10.1 Review of 2018/19 Grants – Cllrs were informed of grant feedback submissions by the Chairman
10.2 Review of 2019/20 Grant applications – Cllrs considered the first draft figures of the grants to be revised at next meeting
There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 9.45pm
Chairman Cllr Shepherd
Signed A Shepherd
Date 18 DEC 2018