Skip to content

Highways, Environment & Emergency Committee, 23/10/2018 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Highways/Environment/Emergency Committee of the Council taking on Tuesday 23rd October 2018 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Jackson Councillors: Barritt, Mann, Mrs Paige-Stimson, Mrs Prior
Clerk: Mrs Scriven Non Council members: Mr Lawley Members of public: 3
1. Welcome

2. Apologies for Absence – Cllr Mrs Bolton

3. Election of Chairman
Cllr Jackson nominated, no other nominations received. Prop Cllr AP 2nd Cllr RM carried

4. Election of Vice Chairman
Cllrs Barritt & Mann were nominated – Cllr Barritt Prop Cllr SJ 2nd Cllr YPS Cllr Mann Prop Cllr AP no seconder
Cllr Barritt – carried

5. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – agreed

6. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

7. Declarations of Interest – Mr Lawley declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to Chedham’s Yard as a Trustee

8. Confirmation of the Minutes of the Highways, Environment and Emergency Committee meeting, 11th September 2018 – Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr RM – agreed

9. Matters arising (not included in the agenda)
9.1 Cllr Anne Parry Road Safety Budget application: Cllrs acknowledged that the cost of road safety items may outweigh the budget held and suggested that funds might be designated to amalgamate with funding available in subsequent years. It was suggested that budget be requested for a crossing on Ettington Road opposite Grange Gardens.
Action: Ask Cllr Parry if she can carry forward designated funds for a crossing By: Office
9.2

10. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mrs Cook, Church Street, suggested money from the Ward Members budget be spent on a bus shelter by the Co-op.
Mr Rose, Grange Gardens raised concern regarding the increased risk of flooding, especially in Chapel Street from the new
drainage coming from the Grange and Ettington Park estates.
Miss McDonaugh, Mountford Close, raised concern about lorry and coach movement on the Newbold Road junction especially at
Peak times causing the total blockage of the Newbold Road.

11. Highways issues
11.1 Wellesbourne Distribution Park meeting with site Manager/Individual Companies
Action: Cllr SJ to arrange a meeting with the Site Manager followed by a meeting with the companies operating on site – to be attended by Cllrs SJ/RB & the Clerk By: Cllr SJ
11.2 Permitted operating hours for Distribution Park tenants – correspondence to residents on Dovehouse – No copy letter had been obtained but concern was expressed about the attempt to extend hours of operation beyond those permitted by planning.
Action: Request hours of operation from the planning dept SDC for all businesses on the Distribution Park By: Office
11.3 Parking working party update – West Midlands Police were operating a scheme called “Parksafe” working with schools and traffic safety. Cllrs agreed that Wellesbourne should engage in this campaign to improve safety in the village.
Action: Contact West Midlands Police force asking to engage with the Parksafe campaign By: Cllr SJ
11.3.1 Park it Right campaign – Wellesbourne involvement
Action: Engage with the Fire Service to carry out education campaign – Chapel St, Newbold Pl, School Rd By: Cllr SJ
11.4 Radar speed sign post installation – Quotes had been received showing a breakdown of sign installation, sign and maintenance programme required by WCC.

12. Environment issues
12.1 Public rights of way – Footpath from Valetta Way/Wyvern Close required urgent cut back of vegetation as virtually unpassable and a large branch had been reported in the river at the White Bridge.
12.2 Lengthsman Scheme – The Clerk gave a synopsis of works carried out by the Lengthsman under the scheme.
Action: Chase WCC for a skip for the clearance of the coppice opposite the Mountford sports field By: Clerk

Page 62

13. Emergency issues
13.1 Revised Emergency Plan – it was noted that letters had not gone out to the persons listed in the Emergency Plan
requesting permission to retain their data in the Plan due to the Chairman resigning.
Action: Compose letter to send to named persons in the Emergency Plan By: Clerk
13.2 Flood Action Group – membership possibilities – there were no nominations to join the Flood Action Group. It was agreed that the Clerk should not join the group, but would attend on behalf of the Chairman if necessary as a consultee agency.

14. Conservation Working Party
14.1 Chairman for working party – potential nominees – Cllr RM to meet with Mr Lawley to discuss what is required.
14.2 Date of next Conservation Working Party meeting – to be arranged

15. Budget 2018/19 and 2019/20
Cllr Mann left the meeting
Cllrs discussed the budget to date for 2018/2019
Cllrs discussed and set the budget for 2019/2020 – the budget was set at £55,900.00 Prop Cllr SJ, 2nd Cllr RB – carried

16. Councillor, Clerk and non Council members of Committee exchange of information
Mr Lawley asked if there was still a WCC Preferred Lorry Route and if so, why lorries were not adhering to it. He noted further vandalism in the village including graffiti, dog fouling and parking on verges.

17. Date of next meeting – 11th December 2018

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 10.16pm

Chairman Cllr Barritt

Signed Rob Barritt

Date 11th Dec 2018

Page 63

Scroll To Top