WELLESBOURNE & WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes of the Finance Committee of the Council meeting on Tuesday 17th July 2018 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council office, 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Shepherd Councillors: Barritt, Mann, Mrs Michael Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of pubic: 0
1. Welcome by Chairman
2. Apologies for Absence – Cllr Mrs Prior
3. Confirmation of Agenda and identification of any items likely to be resolved to confidential session – agreed & none
4. Declarations of Interest – Cllr Shepherd declared a pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to Barclays Bank as a shareholder and recipient of a Barclay’s pension.
5. Confirmation of minutes of the meeting of 29th May 2018 – accepted
6. Matters arising (not indicated as a separate agenda item) – none
7. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
8. NEST/Pension Regulator – update Clerk –NEST payments continued to be paid in the original method without incident to date. The outcome of tribunal with the Pension Regulator was still awaited.
9. External Audit – update Clerk – Receipt of the Council’s audit submission was acknowledged but no further update
10. Management Accounts
10.1 Review of accounts for year end – 2017/18 – Cllrs considered budgets and looked at overspend areas.
10.2 Review of accounts for quarter one 2018/19 – Noted
11. Risk Register
11.1 Review of updated register – Cllrs reviewed and approved the amendments made.
Action: Recommendation to Full council to adopt the amended Risk Register Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr RB carried
12. Direct Debit/Standing order review – Councillors considered the schedule of payments and agreed it was in order.
13. Barclays Bank
Cllr Shepherd said he had met the Branch Manager with the Clerk and raised concerns about the decision to remove banking facilities from the village. The Clerk advised that the Manager explained that the branch closure had been a business decision caused by a downward turn in footfall to the bank in favour of electronic banking methods.
Cllr Shepherd left the meeting
13.1 Banking arrangements – Clerk – The Manager confirmed that the bank had liaised with One Stop’s Post Office and confirmed that both residents and businesses would be able to pay in cheques at the counter. If required, the Bank would arrange Tea and Teach sessions locally for any person wanting to learn digital media such as online and telephone/mobile banking, direct debit payment and Post Office banking whether they were a customer of Barclay’s or not with the assistance of the Parish Council.
As Barclays were moving out of the village, the Clerk suggested the Council contact all banks with a letter requesting information on what special offers/banking arrangements they would offer a Parish Council, after which, the Councillors could select the best deal for the Council to recommend to Full Council.
Cllr Shepherd re-joined the meeting
14. Councillor/Clerk exchange of information
Cllr Mann raised concern about the speed of the traffic on Loxley Road and the lack of footway at the bend in the road from Millar Homes estate toward the village.
15. Date of next Committee meeting 21st August 2018
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.35pm
Chairman Cllr Shepherd
Signed A Shepherd
Date 9 October 2018