WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Office & Staffing Committee of the Council on Wednesday 28th March 2018 at 2.00pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman Cllr Mrs Bolton Councillors: Barritt, Mrs Michael, Mrs Prior, Shepherd Clerk: Mrs Scriven
Members of public: 0
2. Apologies for Absence – none
3. Declarations of Interest – none
4. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – add item at 10 (moving the numbering accordingly) option to change the
power supplier for the office. Defer item 16 until feedback on associated policies received from the Monitoring Officer. Agreed
5. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – Item 9 Quotes for CLOUD provision as commercially sensitive. Prop Cllr Mrs RB, 2nd Cllr AP carried
6. Confirmation of the minutes 5th February 2018 – Add to 10.3 draft Lone Worker Policy and to review all office related policies, and add Lone Worker to the Risk Register. At 11.2, Staff Appraisals – it was agreed mid-year appraisals to be replaced by a mid-year review of targets. Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr AS carried
7. Matters arising (not included in the agenda)
7.1 Risk Register
ACTION – it was agreed that Cllr AS would revise the Risk Register and sent to the Clerk who would add Lone Worker details including mitigations.
8. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – no public
9. Consideration of quotes for CLOUD storage/back-up and email services – Moved to confidential
9.1 Recommendation to Full Council that the Office & Staffing Committee preferred provider is accepted and their services engaged – Prop Cllr Mrs RB, 2nd Cllr AS Carried
10. Cllr and Clerk exchange of information
Cllr CM asked if the new supplier for CLOUD would meet with the Cllrs to discuss implementation of the new system and give details of the impact on the day to day work of the Council during the data exchange.
Cllr AS suggested that any hiatus anticipated should be announced in the Wellesbourne & Walton News.
Cllr AP suggested that all Cllrs be made aware that they will have to move to a council email address under the new GDPA rules to comply with Data Protection legislation.
11. Date of next meeting – to be arranged
Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if member of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and part 1 schedule 12 A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.
Cllrs considered all elements of the presentation and quotes for CLOUD storage/back up from both companies and it was agreed that EDGE (with Backupify) most suited the long term data protection needs of the Council.
There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 3.07pm
Chairman: Cllr Mrs Bolton
Signed EMR Bolton