WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of an Extra-ordinary meeting of the Council on Tuesday 22nd May 2018 at 7.00pm at the Parish
Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Barritt, Mann, Mrs Michael Clerk: Mrs Scriven Neighbourhood Plan: Mr John Hargis
Members of public: 1
2. Apologies for Absence – Cllr Mrs Bolton, Jackson, Kendall, Shepherd
3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – Item 8 to be dealt with after item 6 – agreed
4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – Item 9 as contractual matter – agreed
5. Declarations of Interest – Cllr Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the WSCC part of the Insurance renewal as a Trustee.
6. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
7. Urgent Planning – Cllr AP
18/01234/TPO T1 – Ash – works within root protection of tree comprising the laying of 1 x 100mm duct at 450mm depth and the widening of the existing wet well chamber access to 600mm x 450mm
At Richmond House, 6 Charlecote Fields, Wellesbourne For Severn Trent Water
Case Officer Ruth Rose By 21st May 2018*
The Council supported the application on the grounds it was necessary work and good tree maintenance.
8. Neighbourhood Plan
8.1 Presentation of the final Neighbourhood Plan – Mr Hargis gave and a presentation of the “Draft Referendum Version Plan Period 2016 – 2031” and a summary of the Independent Examiner’s comments. Cllrs and Mr Hargis went through the comments in detail and agreed the amendments required. The Council extended their gratitude to Mr Hargis and the Neighbourhood Plan Team for their hard work and dedication in producing the Plan.
8.2 Recommendation that the Council accepts the changes made to the final Neighbourhood Plan suggested by the Independent Examiner – Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr RB – carried
8.3 Recommendation that checking all required changes have been made to the Neighbourhood Plan be delegated to the Clerk overseen by the Chairman in order for the document to be presented straight to Stratford District Council. Prop Cllr RM, 2nd Cllr CM – carried
9. Insurance – moved to confidential
10. Recommendation from the Community Facilities Committee to appoint the preferred contractor to refurbish the Dovehouse play area subject to the release of the Section 106 money from SDC – Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr CM – carried
11. Cllr and Clerk exchange of information
Cllr Mann – who would maintain the block paving highway on the Persimmon development which should meet 2018 regulations
relating to permeability. A “keep off the grass” sign had been placed on the green open space saying wild flowers had been
Cllr Mrs Michael – The Flood Action Group had held its first multi-agency meeting.
Cllr Barritt – Lorries were still using Ettington Park estate to enter the next development phase due to problems with Western
Power connecting the lighting. A temporary supply had been taken from the Dovehouse estate and Western Power would be
installing a sub station at a later date. The speed sign at the rear of what was Equidebt House shows 40mph one side and national
speed limit the other.
Cllr Mrs Prior – the hedge on Stratford Road corner was once again blocking the footway
Clerk – The sign for the new development remained on the street furniture
12. Date of next meeting –5th June 2018
Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if members of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and Part 1 Schedule 12A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded
9.1 Consideration of quotes for the Council’s insurance cover 2018 – Cllrs compared the quotes for Council insurance cover and agreed the preferred company and a policy deal of three years.
9.2 Recommendation to accept the preferred provider for the Council’s insurance cover for either one or three years – Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr RB – carried
There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 8.35pm
Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior
Signed A Prior