WELLESBOURNE & WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes of the Finance Committee of the Council meeting on Tuesday 27th February at 7.30pm at the Parish Council office, 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Shepherd Councillors: Barritt, Heaton, Mrs Michael, Mrs Prior
Clerk: Mrs Scriven RFO: Mr Thomas Members of public: 1
1. Welcome by Chairman
2. Apologies for Absence – Mr Thomas (Responsible Finance Officer)
3. Declarations of Interest – none
4. Confirmation of Agenda and identification of any items likely to be resolved to confidential session – Grants. Agreed
5. Confirmation of minutes of the meeting of 18th December 2017 – agreed
6. Matters arising (not indicated as a separate agenda item) – it was noted the VAT refund has been made
7. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – Mrs Dane, Newbold Rd –
An application for grant funding made to the War Memorial Trust by St Peter’s Church had resulted in a 75% grant award of up to
£830.00. An application to WWPC for grant funding had been made but the Church had also undertaken cleaning of the paths in
the church grounds and some work was to be undertaken on the windows so an appeal to consider this against the reduction
required for the War Memorial was requested.
8. NEST/Pension Regulator update Clerk/RFO – The Clerk updated on the difficulties she and the RFO had experienced
with the NEST Pension scheme and Pension Regulator. The Clerk, had lodged an appeal with the General Regulatory Chamber (GRC) for First Tier Tribunal following the unexplained return of all pension submissions. Further payments had been made and confirmation received that the Council submissions were up to date and all future payments were to be made by Direct Debit and it was hoped the matter would be resolved in a timely manner.
9. Internal/External Audit update Clerk – Mr Robinson would be attending on April 6th to complete the Internal Audit for 2017/18. No update on External Audit.
10. Grants update Cllr AS – MOVED TO CONFIDENTIAL
11. Asset Register – consideration of any amendments required was given.
Recommendation to Full Council to accept the amended Asset Register Prop: Cllr AS 2nd Cllr AP carried
12. Risk Register (draft) consideration of any amendments required was given
Action: Revise Register with suggested amendments and review next meeting of the committee By: Office
13. Insurance – consideration of current insurance documents was given
Action: Ask about addition of Key Person insurance for the RFO and inclusion of Cyber liability, Hacker ransom cover and legal advice for potential breach of the new Data Protection Act. By: Office
14. Section 106 monies
14.1 Claims to date update – Clerk/Cllr AP – The Officer at SDC dealing with Sec 106 had passed the order to pay the monies
due for the MUGA but as yet had not been received.
14.2 Meeting with SDC Officers update – The Clerk continued to press for meeting dates to discuss the timely draw-down of
other Sec 106 awards.
Recommendation that the Responsible Finance Officer be requested to open separate designated reserves for each set of Section 106/Unilateral Undertaking monies received from SDC to enable WWPC to monitor payments and ensure that all monies are correctly used in accordance with the applicable Section 106/Unilateral Undertaking. Prop:
15. CCTV Specific reserves
Recommendation that the CCTV reserve is closed and the monies transferred to the WWPC general reserve Prop: Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr CM carried
16. Councillor/Clerk ex-change of information
Cllr CM – apologies for the next meeting as have a prior engagement.
Clerk – approached by Chedham’s Yard to request assistance to deliver a card with the activities for the year annotated, with the
delivery of the Index. – To be taken to Full Council. Also a request for assistance for funding an education workbook was made,
following careful consideration Cllrs declined this request.
17. Date of next Committee meeting 10th April 2018
Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if member of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and part 1 schedule 12 A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.
Cllrs considered the information provided by Mrs Dane regarding the St Peter’s Church grant application and agreed the application should remain.
A letter had been received from the Bowls Club stating the Club did not support the application for grant funding a Petanque facility at the Club. The grant applicant had been informed that due to the application being unsupported, WWPC could no longer proceed with the application.
There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 9.05pm
Chairman Cllr Shepherd
Signed A Shepherd
Date 10 April 2018