Community Facilities Committee meeting, 30/01/2018 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes for a meeting of the Community facilities Committee of the Council on Tuesday 30th January 2018
Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Mrs Bolton, Heaton, Kendall, Mrs Michael, Shepherd Clerk: Mrs Scriven
Non Council members: Mr Isted, Mrs Cook Members of public: 2

1. Welcome

2. Apologies for Absence – Cllr Jackson and Cllr Mann

3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – add 13.2 late correspondence – letter from the Lions and at 14. New plans for the medical centre – agreed

4. Identification of items that might be resolved for confidential session Item 15 SEC 106 as contractual matters – agreed

5. Declarations of Interest – Mr Isted, non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the Sports Assoc. as the representative

6. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none

7. Minutes of the meeting on 19th December 2017 – accepted as accurate

8. Matters arising – none

9. Christmas Lights – Cllr AP
9.1 Lights display 2017 update/recap Cllr AP – It was agreed the display had been better and noted that the trees in the precinct were well received.
9.2 Lights display consideration of extension to display 2018 – Cllr AP & Cllr CM to meet with Turnocks to discuss possible extension of the lights to possibly include the precinct area and the area between the bakery and garage.

10. Play areas
10.1 Play equipment – two new spring seats had been installed in the Mountford play area, one suitable for use by disabled children and paid for by the Street Fayre committee. Additional budget had been requested for 2018/19 for a two phased improvement programme and meetings with play equipment providers to review what would be suitable were to be arranged.
Action: Arrange meetings with play equipment providers to explore options for improved play areas By: Office

11. Handyman/Lengthsman update – Mr Matt Pratt had commenced working as Handyman and had undertaken training for the Lengthsman role.

12. Village Hall update Cllr RB – The Village Hall committee had reviewed quotes for improvements to the gentlemen’s toilet area. The Village Hall Chairman would be contacting the Clerk about the current lease held and with a written dialogue of what the committee would like to see included in the new lease once the Parish Council take over the lease of the Hall.

13. Sports Association
13.1 Damaged fence update – suitable replacement posts and scaffold cuffs were being sought.
13.2 Damaged grass areas update – Cllrs discussed the damage to the grounds by the Bowls Club and possible solutions. A letter from Wellesbourne Sports Association had been received and offered differing solutions for the damage.
Action: WWPC & WSA groundsmen to meet on site to review possible solutions and agree affected area

Wildgoose Contractors had confirmed they would be willing to deliver some topsoil to the Bowls Club entrance for use on the undulating ground if required as a temporary repair. Delegated power was given to the Clerk overseen by the Chairman to arrange soil movement with Contract Manager Mr Bowler directly if that was what the decision was for remedy of the problems following a site visit by the groundsmen. Office to arrange

Prop: Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr BH carried.

By : Clerk
14. Leases – it was noted that there would be further delay to the Dog Close lease due to the movement of earth by the contractors for the Medical Centre onto the land to be leased by the Parish Council. Changes to the planning for the Medical Centre indicated a waste pipe being installed across the land to be leased by the PC that would adjoin the existing sewer at the far end of the site and there would be a soak away also be on PC leased land. The new lease was to be amended to show that these items and any potential pollution caused by either of them would not be the responsibility of the PC. There had been no reason for the delay to the Newbold Road and Village Hall leases raised and Cllrs expressed their frustration that they had not been processed.

15. Section 106 consideration and discussion – moved to confidential session. (Recommendation from confidential session)
Recommendation that the Council adopts the findings of the Committee as the way forward for use of Sec 106 money not yet allocated. Prop Cllr DK, 2nd Cllr BH, carried
16. Cllr, Clerk and members exchange of information
Page 91

Cllr Mrs Michael – the litter bin at the corner of Mountford Close/Newbold Road junction had been removed
Mr Isted asked if a Council representative could attend the WSA meetings – The Chairman confirmed that three Cllrs had put their name forward as representatives but there had been no communication as to the dates of meetings but if he could give notice of the meetings at least one Cllr would attend.

17. Date of next meeting – 27th March 2018

Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if member of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and part 1 schedule 12 A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.

Confidential

15. Section 106 consideration and discussion – Cllrs considered the Unilateral Agreement and Sec 106 Agreements and the purposes for which they could be utilised. It was noted that monies under the Unilateral Agreement were already allocated along with some of the Sec 106 monies but noting not all Sec 106 funding had been allocated to any specific scheme. Ideas for areas requiring rejuvenation were discussed and a recommendation that the Council adopts the findings of the Committee as the way forward for use of Sec 106 money not yet allocated.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.55pm
Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior
Signed A Prior
Date 27 March 2018
Page 92