Community Facilities Committee meeting, 27/03/2018 – minutes

OUT OF SYNC (minutes taken by acting Clerk)
WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Community facilities Committee of the Council on Tuesday 27th March 2018 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors Mrs Bolton, Jackson, Kendall, Mann, Mrs Michael
Non-Councillor members: Mrs Cook, Mr Isted Acting Clerk: Mrs Skinner Members of public: 1

1. Welcome – Cllr Mann was welcomed back to the committee

2. Apologies – Cllrs Heaton, Shepherd

3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda
Add item 13.3 Wellesbourne Sports Association AGM feedback

4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

5. Declarations of Interest –
Cllr Jackson declared a non-pecuniary interest as a Trustee of WSCC
Cllr Kendall declared a non-pecuniary interest as a Trustee of WSCC
Cllr Mrs Michael declared a non-pecuniary interest in item 14.2.2 as a member of the Flood Action Group
Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non-pecuniary interest as a Trustee of WSCC

6. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mr Davies, Oxford Way enquired about the documents associated with the Section 106 monies which have been posted on the website

7. Minutes of the meeting on 30th January 2018 were agreed with amendments
Proposed Cllr CM, 2nd Cllr Mrs RB, carried

8. Matters arising – none

9. Christmas Lights – update Cllr AP
Cllrs Mrs Michael and Mrs Prior and the Clerk met with Gordon Stone to discuss extending the lights; costings to be prepared to keep within the £3,000 budget. The lights will be owned by the Parish Council after 2018/19 and will then only be charged for storage. Lights will be serviced and stored by Turnocks. For 2019/20 will probably be able to extend the display without any increase in budget.

10. Play areas
10.1 Play areas- update Cllr AP
Three quotations received for additional play equipment at Dovehouse playing field, one still outstanding.
Add discussion of quotations for new play equipment to agenda for next meeting By office

10.2 Recommendation to accept the quote for the replacement beams on the Mountford Sports field
Cllr Mrs Prior met with contractor to discuss all options; replacement of Mountford beams needed, Dovehouse beams which are rotting to be replaced by new equipment in future.
Recommend to Full Council to replace beams at Mountford Playing Field at a cost of approximately £1200 + VAT Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr Mrs RB, carried

11. Handyman – Has been busy completing jobs; some still outstanding as delays due to weather and sourcing suitable paint.

12. Village Hall – update Cllr RB
Entire set of new chairs and some new tables have been purchased.
Quotes have been obtained to upgrade Gents toilets this year.
Formal letter to be sent to Village Hall committee with details of new lease By office
Discussion of Village Hall lease to be added to next agenda By office

13. Sports Association
13.1 Damaged fence – update Cllr AP
New bollards have been made and stored at Club – weather has delayed installation.
13.2 Damaged grass areas – update – Cllr AP
Page 4

Meeting with Tom Fox and Sports Association took place.
Add top soil from Dog Close to damaged areas as temporary solution By Handyman
Add to agenda to discuss permanent measures to resolve issues at future meeting By office
13.3 Wellesbourne Sports Association AGM feedback
Cllr Kendall reported it was a positive meeting.
Contact WSA to change name on lease By office
Chairman of WSA is looking at options to achieve funding. Discussed ownership of fields adjacent to Newbold Road field as WSA has a “Vision” to provide several pitches at the site. Mr Isted reported that officers at WSA remain the same and cricket is the next focus for development. Mr Isted and the Chairman of WSA proposed to meet SDC to discuss any monies available for sports development. WSA is exploring possibilities for adult football as this is not currently active. Mr Isted invited members of Parish Council to attend Wellesbourne Wanderers presentation on Sunday 10th June.
Meeting arranged with SDC officers to discuss draw down of Section 106 monies on 11th April By Cllr AP

Arrange meeting with WSA after SDC meeting to establish phases and development. Invite Youth Service as well By office

14. Leases – update Cllr AP
14.1 Consideration of forward planning
Councillors discussed options available for each of the leases; Village Hall/Car Park/Youth Hut and Newbold Road field. It was noted that priority will be to obtain quotations for a variety of works.
Complete photographic inspection of Village Hall as soon as possible By Cllr AP
Add discussion of leases to next agenda By office
14.2 Correspondence
14.2.1 Email from Mr Close regarding soil spoil at Dog Close
Soil has been purchased and contractors will return site to previous state.
14.2.2 Email from Mr Troth regarding possible use of Newbold Road land
Areas of concern to be addressed as project progresses and will become part of a consultation document.
14.2.3 Email from Mr Stephenson regarding flooding of Newbold Road land
Areas of concern to be addressed as project progresses and will become part of a consultation document.
Write to thank individuals for their input By Cllr AP

15. Section 106– update Cllr AP
There will be a meeting on 11th April and full update to follow this.

16. Cllr, Clerk and members exchange of information
Mrs Cook suggested posts in Chestnut Square need infill with soil as area is damaged
Infill round posts with top soil By Handyman
Mrs Cook reported that the White Bridge is in need of cleaning
Clean up bridge By Handyman
Write to WCC to inform of poor state of bridge By Office
Mrs Cook queried grass cutting schedules
Contact Tom Fox to find out what cutting has been done at Dovehouse and provide schedule of cutting to WSA By Office
Cllr Mrs Michael reported that the pot hole in Bridge Street has been filled but edging stones not reinstated
Write to WCC to instruct to reinstate edging stones By Office

17. Date of next meeting – 8th May 2018

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 8:57pm

Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior
Signed A Prior
Date 8/5/18
Completed 10/4/18
Page 5