Out of sync.
WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of an Extra-ordinary meeting of the Council on Tuesday 20th March 2018 at 6.45pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior, Councillors: Barritt, Mrs Bolton, Heaton, Jackson, Kendall, Mrs Michael, Shepherd
Acting Clerk: Mrs Skinner Members of the public: 2
1. Welcome

2. Apologies for Absence Cllr Mann

3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – agreed

4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

5. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Mrs Michael declared a non-pecuniary interest as a member of the Flood Action Group
Cllr Shepherd declared a non-pecuniary interest as a member of WCC School Appeals Board
Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non-pecuniary interest as a resident of Wyvern Close

6. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mrs Cook, Church Street, raised concern about the standard of work during hedge and tree pruning on the corner of Church Street.

7. Urgent Planning – Cllr AP

7.1 Applications
1.
18/00635/FUL Two storey extension to side
At 25 Wyvern Close, Wellesbourne For Mr Ian Mills
Case Officer Sarah Macpherson By 29th March 2018
No objection but request that permitted development rights are withdrawn from this dwelling. Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr DK, carried
2.
18/00019/FUL Extension of existing office at Watermill Barn to provide additional studio accommodation
At Watermill Barn, Wellesbourne For Mr Craig White (Whiteroom)
Case Officer Joe Brooke By 30th March 2018
Support as it provides jobs in the village and is a sympathetic use of a historic building. Prop Cllr DK, 2nd Cllr CM, carried

8. Recommendation from the H.E.E Committee of the Council that the Council proceeds on behalf of the Flood Forum with the application for a grant from WCC’s Small Scale Flood Alleviation up to a maximum of £5000 to carry out a study of flood mitigation measures –
Parish Council to apply on behalf of the Flood Forum and administer the grant
Prop Cllr CM, 2nd Cllr DK, carried

9. Recommendation to consider and complete a response to the Warwickshire County Council’s Education and Learning Strategy 2018 – 2023 (closing date 2nd April 2018)
Cllr AP to prepare a response and covering letter to state that the Parish Council has not been given an appropriate channel to respond to the consultation. Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr Mr RB, carried

10. Recommendation that the Council approach an independent solicitor to sign the two Statutory Declarations pertaining to the Village Hall/Youth Hut/Parking area and the Newbold Road land leases (Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 Sec 24 – 28)
Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr RH, carried

11. Village Hall/Youth Hut/Parking area and the Newbold Road land leases
Councillors recommended acceptance of the resolution with amendments to read:
Recommendation that the Council accepts and executes the two leases pertaining to the Village Hall/Youth Hut/Parking area and the Newbold Road land
Amendment Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr DK, carried
Acceptance Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr Mr RB, carried

Page 115

12. Cllr and Clerk exchange of information
Cllr CM – Banner for Barford Quarry on roundabout is on Parish Council land and should be removed
Write to Barford Action Group to request removal By: office

Cllr Mrs RB – Severn Trent were called out to a leak in the Youth Hut at the weekend; damage may have been caused.
Investigate and asses any damage By: Cllr AP

Cllr AP – reminded Cllrs that there is Code of Conduct Training on Thursday 22nd March at 5pm.

13. Date of next meeting –3rd April 2018

There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 7.42pm

Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior

Signed A Prior

Date 3/4/18

Completed 21/3/18 KMS

Page 116