Finance Committee meeting, 10/04/2018 – minutes

The minutes for the Finance Committee of the Council meeting on Tuesday 10th April 2018 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council office, 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Shepherd Councillors: Barritt, Mrs Prior, Mann Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 0

1. Welcome by Chairman

2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Heaton & Mrs Michael

3. Declarations of Interest – none

4. Confirmation of Agenda and identification of any items likely to be resolved to confidential session – none

5. Confirmation of minutes of the meeting of 27th February 2018 – Agreed – Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr RB

6. Matters arising (not indicated as a separate agenda item) – none

7. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none

8. NEST/Pension Regulator – update Clerk – The Pension Regulator had now responded to the appeal from the PC and further explanation was given by the Clerk and RFO relating to the difficulties with contacting NEST and the problems with the NEST software for its members. A court date would be set for early May to review the responses from both parties and the tribunal would inform the PC of the outcome shortly afterwards. Councillors were informed that the NEST submissions could now be made through the payroll software and it was agreed that this route should be implemented for the new financial year. Prop: Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr AS carried.
Action: inform the RFO all NEST payments to be made directly via the payroll software from April 2018 By: Office

9. SEC 106 claim – update Clerk – the money for the MUGA had now been received into the PC bank accounts.

10. SEC 106 – meeting with SDC Officers update – AS/AP/Clerk to meet with officers on Wednesday 11th April

11. Internal/External Audit update Clerk – Mr Robinson had completed the second half of the internal audit and would be signing off year end with the RFO & Clerk shortly. External audit completion had begun and would now take priority.

12. Risk Register – consideration and revision – Councillors considered the revised register and agreed amendments
Action: Risk Register to be added to the May agenda for full council approval By Office

13. Insurance – The Clerk had met with the Council’s insurance broker and updated the requirements of the Council for 2018 onward. Three quotes would be provided within 10 days.

14. Financial Regulations – consideration and revision – AS/RFO – Cllrs agreed to continue to use the Financial Regulations and re adopt them in May Full Council. Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr RM carried
Action: include Financial Regulations in May agenda for full council approval By: Office

15. Budget 2018/2019
15.1 Committee budgets/Website – it was agreed to post the budgets to the website in the same format at 2017.

16. Date of next Committee meeting 22nd May 2018

There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 8.21pm

Chairman Cllr Shepherd

Signed A Shepherd

Date 29 May 2018
Completed 11th April 2018

Page 2