Full Council meeting, 06/03/2018 – minutes

The minutes of the Council meeting on Tuesday 6th March 2018 at 7.30 pm at the Methodist Hall in Bridge Street, Wellesbourne.
Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Mrs Bartlett, Mrs Bolton, Heaton, Jackson, Kendall, Mrs Michael, Shepherd
Clerk: Mrs Scriven County/District Cllrs: 2 Members of public: 14
1. Welcome and announcements

2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Barritt & Mann

3. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as a Trustee
Cllr Kendall declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as a Trustee
Cllr Jackson declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as a Trustee
Cllr Shepherd declared a pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to planning item 18/00542/TPO as the applicant & homeowner
Cllr Heaton declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to Hastings Road (potential development) as a neighbour

4. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – Renumber 19 as 18 onward, letter from resident about Newbold Road land to
be included, Office & Staffing – date of next meeting to be arranged, date of next full Council meeting 3rd April 2018.
Agreed with amendments.

5. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

6. Confirmation of the minutes of the Council Meetings of the 6th February 2018 – item after item 20 re award – add
“SDC” before the word award to denote who the award was given by, draw a complete line through both boxes of item 16 to
separate the voting for the withdrawal of the resolution from the other resolutions – Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr BH – carried.

7. Matters arising (not included in the agenda)
7.1 Stagecoach meeting update – Cllr AP gave a synopsis of the meeting held with Stagecoach. Mr Burd from Stagecoach
acknowledged the company’s failure to communicate changes in an efficient way and confirmed the implemented changes made
to the service had seen a reduction in complaints. New timetables had been received by the office and signage at the bus stops was
to be made clearer.
7.2 Code of Conduct update Clerk – It was noted that all Councillors had been booked onto the Code of Conduct training and
the Clerk and Admin Assistant would be undertaking the training via recorded video of the event. It was noted that the document
sent to Councillors was headed “DRAFT” and had some missing items denoted by “XXX”, the Clerk had requested clarification
of whether this was the final version from the Monitoring Officer as SDC.

8. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Barton Willmore – for Orbit Heart of England – OHE (Redevelopment of Willett House) – Stephanie Hawkins & Jane Fradgley
Spoke about the proposed redevelopment of Willett House and some of the garage areas under the ownership if OHE. They
detailed the problems with letting the properties due to their compact floor space and the inefficiency of the facility itself. The loss
of units in the redevelopment totalled just one from 36 to 35, and 35% of the properties would be affordable homes, 12
properties had been allocated as leasehold shared ownership. Assurances were given that there would be careful management of
the construction traffic and the construction management plan would be uploaded to the District Council’s website.
The Chairman invited questions from Councillors and public:
Cllr VB said whilst she appreciated the need for affordable housing, she had concerns for the existing tenants of OHE,
highlighting the plight of one tenant who had approached his Councillor for assistance with getting his heating fixed in an OHE
property without success over many months.
The Chairman raised comments sent in by a Cllr who could not attend the meeting stating his concern that communications with
OHE were difficult and little interest had been shown from OHE about joining the Ettington Park Residents Association.
Residents raised concern about the lack of consultation with residents of the area as well as OHE tenants who had been subjected
to the equivalent of an eviction order being told their homes were to be knocked down to make way for new development of the
site. Those with garages were told they had a week to empty them or OHE would do this for them at a considerable cost. They
complained that no thought had been given to the increase in traffic when the site was re-developed and raised concern about the
traffic movement of construction traffic in an area that was already heavily congested.
Mrs Cook, Church Street, asked the Council to mention that the buses supplied by Stagecoach during the cold spell of weather
including snow, had no heating.
Mr Davies, Oxford Way, asked when the Council would be making public, details of the Sec 106 and Unilateral Agreements
stating it was a large amount of funding and residents should know what is proposed by the Council.
Mrs Dane, Newbold Road, said she writes on behalf of the village to the Parish Pump in the Stratford upon Avon Herald but had
noticed if there was a large amount of news Wellesbourne dropped off the end and was not published. She had asked the news
desk to consider changing the A-Z format but they would not agree to this.

Page 102

9. County Council matters /District Council matters
Cllr Mrs Parry – report noted. She urged Cllrs to complete the consultation on education on the WCC website.
Concern was voiced about the lack of attendance at the Community Forum meetings and due to short notice, it was felt the next meeting should be postponed until it could be properly advertised.
Cllr Kendall – no update

10. Planning
10.1 Decisions
18/00159/TREE T1 – Cherry fell T2 – Sycamore fell
At Orchard House, Wellesbourne For Mr James Doyle
Planning officer Ian Guffick Date 20th February 2018
No objection
10.2 Applications
18/00440/FUL First floor side extension and two storey rear extension
At 1 Home Furlong, Wellesbourne For Mr Nader Khozouli
Planning officer Sarah Macpherson Date 13th March 2018
No objection
Cllr Shepherd left the meeting
18/00542/TPO G1 Poplar – Remove roots causing damage to block paving
At Richmond House, 6 Charlecote Fields
Charlecote Rd, Wellesbourne For Mr Alan Shepherd
Planning officer Ruth Rose Date 16th March 2018
No objection subject to the approval of the County Arboriculturalist
Cllr Shepherd re-joined the meeting
18/00019/FUL Extension of existing office at Watermill Barn to provide additional studio accommodation
At Watermill Barn, Kineton Rd, Wellesbourne For Craig White Whiteroom
Planning officer Joe Brooke Date 20th March 2018
Moved to Extra-ordinary meeting as no papers available.
10.3 Neighbourhood Plan report – John Hargis said they were still awaiting comment from the Independent Examiner but noted once any changes had been made it did not have to go back to SDC for further scrutiny.
10.4 Site allocations plan for Stratford District Council to accompany the Core Strategy consultation – WWPC welcome the this as a positive move but would ask that any development is kept within the current built up areas and do not extend to the green spaces.
10.5 Date of next Area Planning Meeting: 21st March 2018

11. Finance Committee – Cllr AS
11.1 Chairman’s update – Sec 106 payment had not yet been received and the Clerk continued to follow this up. The Risk Assessment and Asset Register had been reviewed and an appeal had been made relating to the NEST pension and the Clerk was thanked for her input on this matter. The precept had been approved.
11.2 Management Accounts – Cllr Bolton asked if the explanatory report could be resumed by the RFO.
Approval of monthly accounts as per attached cheque list Prop: Cllr DK, 2nd Cllr RB, Carried
Approval of staff salaries Prop: Cllr RB, 2nd Cllr DK, Carried
Recommendation that the Responsible Finance Officer be requested to open separate designated reserves for each set of Section 106/Unilateral Undertaking monies received from SDC to enable WWPC to monitor payments and ensure that all monies are correctly used in accordance with the applicable Section 106/Unilateral Undertaking Prop: AS, 2nd Cllr DK
Recommendation that the CCTV reserve is closed and the monies transferred to the WWPC general reserve Prop: Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr BH, Carried
11.6 Date of next meeting 10th April 2018

12. Highways, Environment & Emergency committee – Cllr CM
12.1 Chairman’s update – The next meeting of the Conservation Working Party would be 25 April, any persons
interested were welcome to join. A sign had been placed on the approach to the island regarding the Distribution Park by Aston
It was noted that it was possible to correct the directions for a postcode, the Clerk had contacted them for amendments
to be made.

Page 103

12.2 Date of next meeting 20th March 2018

13. Community Facilities committee – Cllr AP 103
13.1 Chairman’s update – Cllr AP had met three playground equipment companies and was due to meet another next week after which a plan would be put together to show how the revitalised play areas would look like.
13.2 Bowls Club entrance ground repairs – update Cllr AP – Feedback from a meeting between the Council groundsman and the Cricket Club groundsman was awaited.
13.3 SEC 106
13.3.1 Meeting with SDC Section 106 Officers update– Cllr AP – no meeting dates had been supplied.
13.4 Leases update – Cllr AP – Village Hall and Newbold Road land leases had still not been received
Action: A letter to be written to Walton Estate raising the Council’s concerns By Chairman
.13.5 Dog Close land – update – Cllr AP – Due to soil spoil on the land to be leased by WWPC new contract agreements had to be drawn up between the Medical Centre Contractors and Walton Estate. No further progress could be made until this matter had been resolved.
13.6 Date of next meeting 27th March 2018

14. Office & Staffing Committee – Cllr RB
14.1 Chairman’s update – Cllr RB said the Committee and Clerk would be meeting with CLOUD providers on Wednesday 14th.
14.2 Date of next meeting (to be agreed)

15. Index – Cllr RB
15.1 Working Party Chairman’s update – The last few entries were being gathered and a new map sourced after which it would go to printing.

16. Annual Parish meeting 13th March 2018 – Cllr AP
16.1 Update – Cllr AP invited everyone to attend the APM starting with refreshments at 7.00pm at the primary school.

17. Wellesbourne and Walton News – Cllr AP
Parish Council Annual Meeting, bus service update, snow emergency, Precept (how allocated) Conservation Working Party (inviting membership)

19. Community Forum – 15th March at 6.30pm at Kineton High School, Kineton – to be postponed

20. Cllr and Clerk Exchange of Information
Cllr Bolton asked if the Medical Centre construction company could put up contact numbers for members of the public
Cllr Jackson apologised for missing meetings due to ill health and said he hoped to return to full duties shortly
Cllr Michael asked if the Council were having a stall at the Street Fayre as she had plans for its content
Cllr AP said the application by the Clerk to register the Allotments as a community asset had been successful but the Diocese had
appealed this decision. It was noted that SDC had notified the Ward Members of this decision but not the Clerk who had
questioned why one officer at SDC would meet with the Diocese to hear their appeal but was told this was usual practice.
The Chairman had been invited to meet the two prospective clergy for St Peter’s Church to talk about the village and Council.
A request had been made by Chedham’s Yard to deliver its timetable with the Index. Cllr Bolton agreed to discuss the matter with
the working party and would relay the response to the Clerk.

21. Items/reports for the next meeting by 22nd March 2018

22. Table of monthly meeting dates
Community Facilities 27th March 2018
Highways, Environment & Emergency 20th March 2018
Office & Staffing 26th March 2018

23. Date of next meeting 3rd April 2018.

There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 9.45pm
Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior
Signed A Prior
Date 3/4/18

Page 104