WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes of a meeting of the Office & Staffing Committee of the Council on Monday 11th December 2017 at 10.00am at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Bolton Councillors: Barritt, Mrs Michael, Mrs Prior, Shepherd Acting Clerk: Mrs Skinner
2. Apologies for Absence – RFO Mr Thomas
3. Declarations of Interest – none
4. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – Pensions to be added to 11.3
5. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – 9.1 and 11.2 as staffing matters – Prop Cllr Mrs Bolton, 2nd Cllr Mrs Prior, Carried.
6. Confirmation of the minutes 30th October 2017 – item 6 date should be 2017 not 2016.
Prop Cllr Mrs Prior, 2nd Cllr Mrs Bolton, accepted with amendment.
7. Matters arising
7.1 Uploading of approved minutes to website – now up to date (Extracted from full run of minutes)
8. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
9. Committee budget – confirmed
9.1 Staff salaries – moved to confidential session
10. Office matters
10.1 Data storage consideration of options – Cllrs discussed encryption of electronic data and change to a Cloud based system, more information and three quotes for suitable software to be sought by the office.
10.2 RFO Laptop usage – The RFO had requested a personal laptop that can be taken from the office by the RFO to enable access from home should the Council require information urgently.
Recommendation: Purchase laptop with suitable software/memory capacity for use by the RFO Action: Order laptop for RFO from Council IT supplier By: Office
10.3 Other office matters – none
11. Staffing matters
11.1 Overtime and leave report – noted
11.2 Staff appraisals – Cllr AP – moved to confidential session
11.3 Any other staffing matters – none
12. Cllr and Clerk exchange of information – none
13. Date of next meeting – 5th February 2017
Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if member of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and part 1 schedule 12 A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.
9.1 Staff salaries and changing responsibilities were discussed and the scales for salaries were agreed.
11.2 Appraisals – The RFO appraisal had been carried out and discussed. The Clerk’s appraisal was due on this day following the meeting and it was noted the Admin Assistant’s appraisal would take place in March 2018.
NEST pension contributions for the employer were considered and changes recommended.
Recommendation to Full Council that the Council’s employer contributions under the NEST pension scheme be raised to 10%.
Prop Cllr Mrs Prior, 2nd Cllr Barritt
There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 11.20am
Chairman Cllr Mrs Bolton Signed E M R Bolton Date 5/2/18