WELLESBOURNE & WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes of the Finance Committee of the Council meeting on Monday 18th December 2017 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council office, 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Shepherd Councillors: Barritt, Mrs Michael, Mrs Prior Clerk: Mrs Scriven RFO: Mr Thomas
1. Welcome by Chairman
2. Apologies for Absence – Cllr Heaton, Mann, Thomas
3. Declarations of Interest
Cllr Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to item 10 & 11, WSCC as a Director of the company, item 12 pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the Chairman’s allowance as the Chairman but not the precept as a whole
Cllr Michael declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to item 10, WSCC as assisting with paperwork and item 11 non pecuniary interest in grants for allotments as OSCARS to have a plot.
4. Confirmation of Agenda and identification of any items likely to be resolved to confidential session – it was agreed that grants would be confidential until a final decision reached – Prop: Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr RB carried
5. Confirmation of minutes of the meeting of 28th November 2017 – agreed
6. Matters arising (not indicated as a separate agenda item) – none
7. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
8. Outstanding Section 106 moneys – update by Clerk
9. HMRC VAT refund – RFO – It was noted that due to an error the RFO had submitted a VAT claim which included previous years VAT data. HMRC had been made aware of the error and agreed WWPC return the over payment by cheque.
10. WSCC insurance premium reclaim update Clerk – an invoice had been sent and payment received by BACS.
11. Grants – Finalisation of Grants to go into the precept – Moved to confidential
12. Finalisation of 2018/19 budget/precept
Cllr Prior left the meeting
Recommendation to accept the Chairman’s allowance suggested for precept – Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr CM carried
Cllr Prior returned to the meeting
Cllrs considered the rest of the precept and the total to be claimed
Recommendation to accept the precept for 2018/19 as £225,000 – Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr RB carried
Recommendation to absorb the tax based grant from general reserve if not awarded by SDC–Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr AP carried
12.2 Recommendation to Full Council to accept the precept for 2018/19 – Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr RB carried
13. Councillor/Clerk ex-change of information
Cllr AP – laptop being sought for RFO (suitable software for running SAGE/Payroll Manager being sought)
Work to commence on the new Medical Centre January 8th 2018.
14. Date of next Committee meeting 27th February 2017
Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if member of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and part 1 schedule 12 A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.
Cllrs considered all applications for grant funding individually and agreed the final budget figures.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 8.45pm
Chairman Cllr Shepherd
Signed A Shepherd