WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Community facilities Committee of the Council on Tuesday 19th December 2017
at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Barritt, Jackson, Mrs Michael Non Council members: Mrs Cook
Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 1 – Mr Podbury (on behalf of Wellesbourne Sports Association)
2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Mrs Bolton, Heaton, Kendall, Mann
3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – add quotes for Mountford sports field area at 9.3 – agreed
4 Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none
5. Declarations of Interest
6. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
7. Minutes of the meeting on 14th November 2017 – add apologies of Cllr Mrs Michael – Prop Cllr SJ, 2nd Cllr AP carried
8. Matters arising – none
9. Hedge and tree maintenance
9.1 Quote for hedge on Dovehouse communal land – accept items 1, 2 & 3 to cut down hedge of Dovehouse football pitch to match with existing and removal all arisings – £750.00, to tidy and remove all cuttings from the pile deposited next to the wall – £90.00, to carry out an application of herbicide to the base of the hedge to prevent weeds and grass establishing – £68.00
Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr SJ carried
9.2 Quote for trees and hedges on the Dovehouse play area – to be considered by Full Council (January meeting)
9.3 Quote for trees on Mountford sports field
Items 1 – 4 recommend to be carried out as good tree maintenance Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr SJ carried
Action – Recommendation to go ahead with the works to Full Council (January meeting)
10. Play areas
10.1 Play equipment update – The Clerk confirmed that £3000 had been received from the Street Fayre Committee for the purchase and installation in the spring of new play equipment
11. Handyman role and responsibilities – The Council had appointed a new Handyman/Lengthsman, Mr Matthew Pratt, a local resident of Wellesbourne. He had already been given some handyman tasks but would have to undertake Lengthsman training prior to starting his work in this role.
12. Village Hall – no update
13. Sports Association
13.1 Damaged fence – Anticipated repairs by a contractor had fallen through and the Handyman was to be asked to measure the post and see how the welded rails might be removed. Mr Podbury suggested members of the Cricket Club to carry out the repairs.
Action – Ask Handyman to assess his ability to carry out the bollard replacement and rail works By Office
13.2 Damaged grass areas – possible remediation and potential costs – The Council groundsman had given two options for repairing the damaged site. Option A – Hardcore and carpark Option B – reinstate ground and grass seed
Councillors discussed the two options and the complications arising from both.
Recommend the two options be put to the Full Council January meeting. Prop Cllr SJ, 2nd Cllr CM carried
14. Leases – No update
15. Cllr, Clerk and members exchange of information
It was noted there had been another head on collision caused by a vehicle coming the wrong way around the one way system
Walton village and Hall had been separated by closure of the small gate on the private road from Walton to Jubilee Drive and at the main bridge at the Hall due to damage caused to the bridge structures.
It was suggested the Council should have a tree committee to deal with cutting/planting/maintenance.
Cllrs were frustrated by the poorly maintained road traffic islands in Wellesbourne
16. Date of next meeting – 30th January 2017
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.35pm
Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior Signed A Prior Date 30/1/18