WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL Minutes of a meeting of the Highways/Environment/Emergency Committee of the Council on
Tuesday 12th December 2017 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman Cllr Mrs Michael Councillors: Barritt, Jackson, Mrs Prior Clerk: Mrs Scriven
Non Council members: Mrs Cook, Mr Lawley Members of public: 1

1. Welcome

2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Mrs Bolton & Mann

3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda Remove 7.2 as discussed in Full Council, item 11 renumber 11.3 as 11.2
Accepted with amendments

4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

5. Declarations of Interest – none

6. Confirmation of the Minutes of the Highways, Environment and Emergency Committee meeting, 31st October 2017 – Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr SJ – accepted

7. Matters arising (not included in the agenda)
7.1 Mountford Close provision of temporary one way signs – Cllr AP met with the school and agreed the sign with modified times as 7.30am – 9.30am and 2.30pm – 4.30pm. Quotes were being sought.
It was noted that the bollard and bench installations were still outstanding – Chase Limebridge for completion date.

8. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none

9. Highways issues
9.1 Signage at Wellesbourne Distribution Park and next steps – update Cllr CM had received an email from the Road Safety engineer who asserted that the existing signs complied with current legislation and who had forwarded a copy of these regulations. It was noted that these regulations made provision for change when conditions changed.
Action: write back stating the lack of lorry symbols and pointing out that the legislation permits change where conditions change noting there had been a substantial increase in the traffic and HGVs with associated damage to kerbs and verges. By: Office

9.2 WCC school safety zones and routes programme 2018/19 – Cllr Mrs Prior met with the school to review the work carried out by WCC in 2015. Following this review, further safety measures were required, including 20mph restriction on the Close, white lines at the junction of the spur in the far right corner of the Close to prevent traffic shooting onto the main road without warning, Newbold Road and Newbold Place corners being obscured and blocked by vehicles parked there. Provision of a pedestrian crossing at Ettington Road layby and across the Warwick Road/Kineton Road crossover, from outside Talbot Court were also needed as these areas were the points where parents and children attempt to cross the road.
Action: Request a meeting with the school Head Teacher, Head of the Governors, and Safer Routes representative to discuss the above matters urgently. By: Cllr Prior

10. Environment issues
10.1 Public rights of way – nothing to report
10.2 Graffiti removal update – Cllr CM reported a file had been collated of graffiti damage in the parish and Mark Richardson of the Community Payback Scheme would be carrying out a site visit when possible.
10.3 Anti-social behaviour and cleaning in the subway update – Cllr AP said the multi-agency meeting had been postponed due to availability difficulties, but would be rearranged as soon as possible.
10.4 Undergrowth at layby at Ettington Road – clear shrubs and reduce tree height update – Cllr AP to meet with Patch Byrne to discuss the
appearance of the site and the clean-up works required.
10.5 Fencing at area adjacent to underpass – To be discussed with Patch Byrne at the same time as discussion for 10.4
10.6 Possible additional CCTV from Section 106 monies – It was confirmed that the Sec 106 monies had been earmarked by SDC for the installation of an additional CCTV by the underpass/Mountford sports field.

11. Emergency issues
11.1 Meeting with National Flood Forum update – Cllr CM said that a group of three residents had met with the Flood Forum representative raising concern mostly about the Newbold Road brook. The Flood Forum representative had not been informed by the residents of the works already carried out by WWPC and the representative stressed that she would hold a public meeting on Wed 17th January 2018 at 7.30pm at the Village Hall to ascertain local interest in setting up a flood group. She made it clear that flood management had changed dramatically and that dredging the rivers and brooks was no longer considered the correct way to manage flood waters; something she would make clear at the meeting. Parish Councillors would be attending the meeting and would play an integral role in any flood group. 81
11.2 Proposal to apply to WCC Flood Grant Scheme (£5,000 maximum) to set up a Flood Action Group update – an application had been submitted and the outcome was awaited
Page 81
11.4 Review current Emergency Plan – Cllr CM/Clerk to begin review of information currently held

12. General committee issues
12.1 Committee budget 2017/2018 – reviewed
12.2 Committee budget 2018/2019 – reviewed
12.3 Dog and litter bins at Ettington Park – it was noted these had to be provided by and/or requested of SDC by the developer
Action: Contact the developers requesting they put in litter and dog waste bins By: Office

13. Councillor, Clerk and non Council members of Committee exchange of information
Mrs Cook said she had received a letter from WCC (Geoff Morris) relating to the ongoing monitoring of the effluent in the river
The Clerk said she continued to press for a safety fence by the White Bridge where the Old Vicarage wall had fallen over
Mr Lawley invited attendance at the last event of the year at Chedham’s Yard. Problems with HGVs missing the Distribution Park entrance continued, and it was noted that these vehicles were now using the Sainsbury’s entrance to turn around also.
Cllr Jackson raised concern about residents living on the corner of Newbold Road/Newbold Place were driving their vehicles across the green and footpath to park outside their properties. Concern for public safety was expressed.

14. Date of next meeting – 23rd January 2018

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.12pm

Chairman Cllr Mrs Michael

Signed Christine Michael

Date 23/1/18

Page 82 82