WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes of the Council meeting on Tuesday 5th December 2017 at 7.30 pm at the Methodist Hall in Bridge Street, Wellesbourne.

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Barritt, Mrs Bolton, Jackson, Kendall, Mrs Michael, Shepherd
Clerk: Mrs Scriven    Members of District/County Council:2    Members of public: 7

The Chairman made a statement regarding the Medical Centre, Newbold Road and the Village Hall leases explaining that when last addressing the council she had believed the hold up on the Medical Centre to be contractual. Subsequently it came to light that there had been some issues raised by County Highways and Cllr Parry had approached the Portfolio holder to discuss these matters raising the potential elevation in costs due to delays. Changes to the Village Hall lease permitting subletting to occur had been suggested to the solicitor and sent to the Walton Estate solicitor for their consideration.

1. Welcome and announcements

2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Mrs Bartlett, Heaton, Mann, Thomas

3. Declarations of Interest – Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as a director
Cllr Kendall declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to WSCC as a director

4. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – Item 14.2 be moved to item 16.2 as pertaining to the Index – agreed

5. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

6. Confirmation of the minutes of the Council Meetings:
7th November 2017 – Prop Cllr SJ, 2nd Cllr DK – accepted
14th November 2017 – Prop Cllr SJ, 2nd Cllr DK – accepted

7. Matters arising (not included in the agenda)
7.1 Correspondence from SNT regarding the underpass – The PCSO arranged a multi-agency meeting with the Police/SDC/Ward member and PC to discuss all problems relating to the underpass to take place on Dec 11th.
7.2 Community Asset Status for the allotments – Submitted by Clerk and acknowledged; the outcome would be known in approx. 6 weeks.
7.3
Defibrillators and their locations It was agreed that notices giving the locations of the defibrillators would be
placed on the village noticeboards By Office
7.4 Christmas lights committee – The switch on event was well attended and it was intended to extend the lights next year to the area from the one way system to GWS. It was asked if the lights could be set next year to coincide with the late afternoon shopping, therefore switched on around 4pm.
7.5 Problems with public transport – Stagecoach correspondence – The Council had received several correspondences from Stagecoach who were working on addressing the recent service problems.
Action: Write back to Stagecoach’s MD asking for a meeting in early January. By: Office

8. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mr Colley, Church Street asked Cllrs to reconsider their comments pertaining to the Kings Head Pub application as he believed
the change the main entrance would have a detrimental effect on neighbouring properties from anti-social behaviour, noise and
increased traffic to the street.
Mrs Cook, Church Street urged Cllrs to meet the Stagecoach MD prior to the Christmas holidays and said that the MD should
speak to their customers relating to the poor services given.

8.1 Correspondence from OHE (Orbit Heart of England) to its tenants – update by Clerk on behalf of a resident – It had been
Raised that tenants were being given a notice of charge for upkeep of the land around the estate on which they resided by OHE.

9. County Council matters /District Council matters
Cllr Mrs Parry – report noted. County – She reported that the rationale given to the closure of children’s centres was the that the focus was to be on people not buildings and highlighted that many of those in dire need of the service did not attend the centres so these residents would be targeted under the new regime. It was noted there had been 4 accidents in Newbold Pacey over the last 4 weeks so it was hoped that there could be some action taken to assist with road safety in this area.
Cllr Mrs Prior said that whilst she accepted that outreach work by the Children’s Centre was important she felt the changes were a disservice to young people of the parish.
District – Cllr Parry had been working closely with the Medical Centre and continued to work with Mr Hargis on the Neighbourhood Plan.

Cllr Kendall – Confirmed that the Sec 106 money for the CCTV camera for the land at the junction of Ettington Road and Loxley Close had been secured with a contribution of £46k.

Page 74

10. Planning
10.1 Decisions
1.
17/02882/FUL Single storey rear extension to replace existing rear extension
At 55 Ettington Close For Mrs Laura Smith
Planning officer Ian Guffick Date
PERMISSION WITH CONDITIONS – noted
2.
17/02613/LBC Installation of signs to include 1x post sign; 1x set of individual letters; 1x directional entrance sign; 1x applied lettering to rear
At Kings Head Hotel For Mr Tyldesley
Planning officer Sian Gardner Date
CONSENT GRANTED WITH CONDITIONS – noted
3.
17/02517/FUL Cladding of warehouse
At Unit 13 Wellesbourne Distribution Park, Loxley Road For Mr Andrew McGuigan Griffin UK Property Investment Ltd
Planning officer Eddie Wrench Date
PERMISSION WITH CONDITIONS – noted
4.
17/02813/FUL Proposed rear conservatory
At 15 Sycamore Close, Wellesbourne For Mr Rose
Planning officer Karina Duncan Date
PERMISSION WITH CONDITIONS – noted
5.
17/02953/FUL Rear extension to the property consistency of a new store room, eating area & wash facilities for kitchen staff
At New Golden Bamboo, 4 Newbold Rd For Mr De Meng Chen New Golden Bamboo
Planning officer Date
PERMISSION WITH CONDITIONS – noted
6.
17/02212/VARY Removal of condition 3 of planning permission 16/00935/FUL (Erection of two units comprising 10,901 square metres (GIA) for use within Use Classes B2/B8 (with ancillary B1), provision of car parking (136 spaces), and associated servicing, landscaping and infrastructure. (Outline Permission has already been granted for the development under SDC reference 13/00510/OUT)). Condition 3 states ‘There shall be no movement of goods or materials outside the buildings hereby approved outside of the hours of 6am to 11pm Monday to Saturdays and 10am to 6pm on Sundays’.
At Wellesbourne Distribution Park , Loxley Road For Mr A McGuigan Griffen Development
Case Officer Louise Koelman By
REFUSED – noted

10.2 Withdrawals
17/02609/FUL Demolition of existing conservatory; construction of new two storey side extension
At 7 Lowes Lane For Mr & Mrs Howe
Sian Gardner Louise Koelman By
WITHDRAWN – noted

10.3 Applications
1.
17/02331/FUL Internal and External Alterations. External to include the removal of 20th century porch and creation of new pedestrian route/path from car-park to front entrance
At Kings Head Hotel For Mitchell’s And Butlers Plc
Planning officer James Hodgkins Date 7 December 2017
No objection

2.
17/02668/FUL Install a vehicle access to drive from B road. Dropped kerb
At 5 Newbold Road For Mr Robin Page
Planning officer Andrew Watson Date 7 December 2017
No objection

Page 75

3.
17/03473/LDE Use of land for the open storage of cars (Class B8)
At Wellesbourne Distribution Park For Dalscote Little LLP
Planning officer Tamasine Swan Date 12th December 2017
Cllrs queried how vehicles would access the area. An extension was to be requested for Cllrs to consider the matter further.
4.
17/03383/FUL Reconfiguration of entrance to include addition of porch to the front and construction of integral garage to front/side of property
At Leawood, 22 Kineton Road, Wellesbourne For Mr & Mrs Woollard
Planning officer Sian Gardner Date 11th December 2017
No objection

10.4 Planning Correspondence – Wellesbourne and Walton Neighbourhood Development Plan Section 16 – Publicising a Plan Proposal – noted
10.5 Neighbourhood Plan update – Mr Hargis provided a summary of the responses to the consultation for Cllrs noting that there had been 71 pages of reporting, 60 of which were from developers. Gladman’s had specified they were so concerned that they would request a public hearing with the Independent Examiner, SDC felt that the Independent Examiner should know of the history of Gladmans and the Airfield. It was noted that no amendments would be made until the Examiner’s report was received and it was anticipated response would be made in January 2018.
10.6 Date of next Area Planning Meeting: 13th December 2017

11. Finance Committee – Cllr AS
11.1 Chairman’s report – noted
11.2 Village Hall grant 2017/18
Recommendation that the Council removes the requirement for a 5 year lease in the approved grant for April 2017 in order the grant to Wellesbourne Village Hall to be paid. Prop: Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr R Bolton Carried Action: replace out of date cheque and notify Village Hall of approval of payment – By Office
11.3
Approval of monthly accounts as per attached cheque list Prop Cllr AS, 2nd Cllr R Bolton Carried
11.4
Approval of staff salaries Prop Cllr R Bolton, 2nd Cllr DK Carried
11.5 Date of next meeting Monday 18th December 2017

12. Highways, Environment & Emergency committee – Cllr CM
12.1 Chairman’s update – Cllr CM
It was noted that following a meeting with 3 residents, Rebecca Boulton from the Flood Forum had arranged a public meeting to
Take place on 17th January 2018. WWPC would be welcome to attend the meeting which would deal with the interest in forming a
Flood Action Group. This would be in the form of a holistic group looking at flood areas within the parish. Ms Bolton was aware
of the works to date by WWPC and had been impressed by the progress of the Neighbourhood Plan.
12.2 Date of next meeting 12th December 2017

13. Community Facilities committee – Cllr AP
13.1 Chairman’s report – noted. £3000 had been received from the Street Fayre Committee to purchase two new pieces of play
equipment for the Mountford play area. Cllr AP had met with the Head teacher and Chair of the school Governors who agreed the
sign for the temporary one way system with amended hours suggested by the school. This would be ordered by WWPC and
fitted by the school. The plans for the safer routes to school were put into place in 2015 but the plan did not meet
expectation. It was agreed a meeting should be sought with Carolin Burrows – Cllr AP to arrange. It was noted that the Cabinet
had agreed to the funding for the extension of the nursery serving and communal area.
13.2 Handyman/Lengthsman – The preferred candidate had been appointed subject to satisfactory references to do both roles.
There had been a good response to the vacancies advertised with some very strong candidates.
13.3 Councillor Trustee for WSCC – Cllr AP said Cllr Mrs Michael had withdrawn due to personal reasons and requested a
nominations for replacement.
13.4 Wellesbourne Wanderers WCC Cllrs Grant administration via WWPC – As this group had no constitution County Council had asked if the PC could act as grant administrator – this was agreed.
13.5 Date of next meeting 19th December 2017

14. Office & Staffing Committee – Cllr RB
14.1 Chairman’s update – The committee continued to review storage options for Council electronic data storage.
It was noted that BT had cut off the telephone and internet service line when upgrading the system for superfast broadband
leaving the PC with no services. The Clerk would be seeking compensation from BT for the inconvenience.
14.2 Moved to 16.2 as Index matter

Page 76

14.3 Date of next meeting 11th December 2017

15. Conservation Group working party – Cllr AP asked if any Cllr would like to take over the Conservation Group working
party as there were willing volunteer members but no one to chair the meetings.

16. Index
16.1 Working Party Chairman’s update
16.2
Recommendation to Full Council to accept the preferred printer to produce 4000 copies of the Index Prop Cllr R Bolton, 2nd Cllr Michael
Carried

17. Wellesbourne and Walton News – Cllr AP
Defibrillator – details to be posted on PC noticeboards
Christmas lights
Telephone/internet disruption to service
NHD Plan – proceeding to independent examination
War memorials and war graves commission survey

18. Cllr and Clerk Exchange of Information
A new scam was being circulated claiming to be BT Openreach working on your exchange and requesting information.
Corporate support was currently being sought for the repairs to the safety surfaces in the play areas.
Cllrs were reminded to submit their reports for the APM ready for collation and printing no later than 1st January.
It was noted the first meeting in January would take place on the second Tuesday (9th) January at the Methodist Hall.

19. Items/reports for the next meeting by 18th December 2017

20. Table of monthly meeting dates
Community Facilities 19th December 2017
Finance Monday 18th December 2017
Highways, Environment & Emergency 12th December 2017
Office & Staffing 11th December

21. Date of next meeting 9th January 2018.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.26pm
Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior
Signed A Prior
Date 9/1/2018

Page 77