WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes for a meeting of the Community facilities Committee of the Council meeting on Tuesday 14th
November 2017 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Mrs Bolton, Heaton, Jackson, Kendall, Mann Non Council members: Mrs Cook Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 1
2. Apologies for Absence: Cllr Shepherd, Cllr Mrs Michael and Mr Isted
3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – agreed
4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – Item 11.2 a contractual matter Prop: Cllr AP 2nd Cllr BH carried
5. Declarations of Interest – none
6. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish -none
7. Minutes of the meeting on 19th September 2017 – Item 10.1 include they are and item 18 add the word ramp after skateboard. Prop Cllr DK, 2nd Cllr BH accepted with amendment
8. Matters arising
8.1 Item 14.1 quotes to be obtained for noticeboards remain outstanding
9. Grass cutting – update Cllr AP
Poor standard of grounds maintenance by SDC raised by members of public Action: Arrange meeting with SDC prior to next seasons work commencing By: Cllr AP
10 Hedge and tree maintenance
10.1 Hedge on Dovehouse communal land
Action: meet with contractors to view and discuss any remedial work required on hedge and trees in front of Farrington Court BY: Cllr AP
10.2 General vegetation overgrowth on Dovehouse estate – update office
Email to Patch Byrne at WCC Highways and Angela Lloyd at SDC Streetscene requesting a meeting to discuss the underpass and land around it BY: Cllr AP/Office
10.3 Farrington Court trees and Dovehouse play area – update Cllr AP
Action: meet with contractors to view and discuss any remedial work required on the trees in front of Farrington Court
11. Play areas
11.1 ROSPA reports – Councillors scrutinised the reports noting there were no raised areas of concern
11.2 MOVED TO CONFIDENTIAL SESSION AS QUOTE
Mountford & Dovehouse play equipment repair quote (fitting of balance beams)
12. Handyman vacancy – update Cllr AP – There had been 15 expressions of interest with 9 interviewing. There were no Lengthsman only applicants.
There had been no contact from the previous Handyman, the Clerk had written requesting return of the equipment held forthwith.
13. Village Hall – update Cllr RB – The hall continued to have a plentiful amount of bookings but had been unable to complete the upgrade to the toilets due to not having access to a 5 year plus lease.
14. Sports Association
14.1 Damaged fence and grass areas – Quotes and repair options awaited
Cllr AP and the Clerk had been to see the Council Solicitor regarding response to the amendments to the lease for the village hall. There was no update on either Newbold land or Dog Close.
Action: Contact the Estate solicitors again requesting an update BY: Council solicitor
Concern was raised that the build work by developers continued despite the Unilateral Agreement remaining unsigned
Action: Raise the matter of the breach of agreement with SDC BY: County & District Cllrs
16. Budget – Cllr AP presented a draft budget for consideration by the Committee to be put to the Finance Committee for approval.
17. Cllr, Clerk and members exchange of information
Concerns were raised about the poor level of bus service provided by Stagecoach currently.
Concern was raised about the bridge railings not being sufficient to prevent a small child falling into the river.
The Precinct Improvement Group (P.I.G) were appealing for donations to be used to purchase 4 planters and 4 multi stemmed birch trees to go in each corner of the precinct, one donation had already been received.
18. Date of next meeting – 19th December 2017
Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if member of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and part 1 schedule 12 A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.
Mountford & Dovehouse play equipment
repair quote (fitting of balance beams) Cllrs considered the quotes and Cllr RB proposed the contract be offered to the preferred contractor, seconded Cllr BH carried. The Clerk revealed Contractor selected as Thomas Fox. Action: Notify the successful tenderer By: Office
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 8.45pm
Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior
Signed A Prior