WELLESBOURNE PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes of the Finance Committee of the Council meeting on Tuesday 18th July 2017 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council office, 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman..Cllr Shepherd Councillors Heaton, Mrs Michael, Mrs Prior Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 1
1. Welcome by Chairman
2. Approval of Apologies for Absence – Cllr Thomas
Declarations of Interest – Cllr Mrs Prior declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the WSCC as a Trustee
Cllr Mrs Michael declared a non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the WSCC as a Trustee
3. Confirmation of Agenda and identification of any items likely to be resolved to confidential session – none
4. Confirmation of minutes of the meeting of 23rd May 2017
Cllr AP was in attendance, item 10 Year end should read “the anticipated costs were absorbed”, item 11.2 “to be considered at the meeting” – accepted with amendments
5. Matters arising (not indicated as a separate agenda item)
RFO read only access to bank accounts Action: RFO to be provided with a pin activation machine By: Bank
Budget not on Council website Action: Instruct RFO to send to the Admin. Assistant By: Clerk/finance asst
Moneysoft payroll installation Action: Purchase order for Moneysoft software By: RFO
6. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mrs Cook, Church Street, asked if the trees planted by WIB in the centre of the village could be pruned back as they were growing into one another and overhanging the Newbold Road junction making visibility of vehicles difficult.
7. Management accounts
Cllrs discussed the current format and raised concern about the previous Committee detail still running alongside the new Committees making it difficult to track the budget v expenditure year to date. It was agreed that footnotes outlining the new structure would be useful.
8. External audit 2016/17 – update by Clerk / RFO – no further contact from the auditor had been made.
9. Insurance – WSCC building – Cllr AS
10.1 Cost of buildings cover charge back to WSCC charity – Cllrs considered whether the cost of insuring the building and MUGA should be recouped from the Trust. It was acknowledged that WSCC had already paid out considerable cost for insuring the contents, staff and Directors amounting to over £2500.
It was agreed that the full Council should consider this matter and that resolutions should be put forward to the full Council meeting to either recoup the costs or to bear the costs. Action: Recommendations for the August agenda to recoup or bear the cost of the insurance By: Finance Chmn/office
10. Grants – Cllr AS
Cllrs considered the amendments to grant policy Action: Update the policy and recommendation to full Council to adopt the revised policy By: Finance Chmn/office
Cllrs considered Grants Questions & Answers Action: Update the information and recommend adopted as part of the grant policy By: Finance Chmn/office
Grants presentation for prospective applicant Action: Arrange a presentation evening with PowerPoint presentation – publicise on website/FBook By: Finance Chmn/office
11. General/Late Correspondence – none
12. Councillor/Clerk ex-change of information – Cllr BH said the Ramblers Association had cut back the briar and vegetation on the route from Charlecote by the river.
13. Date of next Committee meeting 29th August 2017
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 8.40pm
Chairman Cllr Shepherd
Signed Cllr Shepherd