WELLESBOURNE PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes of the Finance Committee of the Council meeting on Tuesday 18th April 2017 at 7.30pm at the
Parish Council office, 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Shepherd Councillors: Heaton, Mrs Prior, Mrs Michael Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 0
1. Welcome by Chairman
2. Apologies for Absence – none
3. Declarations of Interest – none
4. Confirmation of Agenda and identification of any items likely to be resolved to confidential session – accepted
5. Confirmation of minutes of the meeting of 21st February 2017 – Accepted
6. Matters arising (not indicated as a separate agenda item) – none
7. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
8. Asset Register – Clerk/RFO – Moved to item 13 (duplicated on agenda)
9. Year End – 2016/2017 – update RFO/Clerk – Most of March completed
10.1 Internal Audit – The last two months to be audited, Mr Robinson would complete the audit in May.
10.2 Internal Auditor – consideration of available Auditor quotes
Action: Seek references from both auditors contacted By: Office
11. Bank Account Access – RFO
Recommendation to permit the RFO read only access to the Council Bank Accounts Prop: Cllr AS 2nd Cllr CM carried
12. 2017/18 Budget – website – A resident asked if the budget can be put onto the website. It was agreed that the RFO report with a global salary total could be uploaded to the website.
Action: Add RFO budget report to the website when available By: Office
13. Asset Register – Councillors reviewed and amended the Asset Register and agreed for Full Council approval
Recommendation to adopt to Full Council Prop: Cllr AS 2nd Cllr AP carried
14. Council Insurance 2017/2018/2019 – Consideration of three year insurance package. Zurich had been asked to quote but would only give a quote from a copy of the Council’s existing policy, they would not site visit any of the amenities owned. Councillors agreed to proceed with the policy through Came & Company for another 3 year term.
Action: The Clerk to negotiate with Came & Company another 3 year policy BY: Clerk
15. Financial Regulations – reviewed
Recommendation to adopt to Full Council Prop: Cllr AS 2nd Cllr BH carried
16. Electronic back up – moved to Office & Staffing Committee
17. General/Late Correspondence – none
18. Councillor/Clerk ex-change of information
A resident had reported an act of deliberate damage to trees on the Mountford Sports field by a male who was drilling holes in two trees on the site.
Action: Report to the Police and WCC Arboriculturalist By: Office
19. Date of next Committee meeting 15th August 2017
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.30pm
Chairman….Cllr Shepherd… Signed………………………….. Date……………………………..
Completed 3rd May