WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH C0UNCIL

The minutes of the Council meeting on Tuesday 2nd August 2016 at 7.30 pm at the Methodist Hall in Bridge Street Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior  Councillors: Mrs Bartlett, Mrs Bolton, Close, Heaton, Mrs Hurdman, Kendall, Lawley, Mrs Michael, Shepherd, Thomas    Clerk: Mrs Scriven          District/County Cllrs: 2    Members of public: 15

  1. Welcome and announcements
  1. Apologies of Absence – none
  1. Declarations of Interest – Cllr Lawley, non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to Chedham’s Yard as a Trustee

Cllr DC, non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to St Peter’s Youth Service.

  1. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – additions: Late correspondence from Bowls Club at 11.6, Neighbourhood Plan feedback dates at 10.3, report back on meeting with Mr Coleman regarding WSCC and St Peter’s Youth Service – agreed
  1. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – Items 13.2, 13.3, 13.4 as legal matters, and 15.1 as staffing matters – agreed
  1. Confirmation of the minutes of the Council Meetings:

5th July 2016 – Item 11 Cllr AS (not Cllr DC), item 8 3rd para insert “that” before at, 10.2 error in objection should read “large houses around a small property” (not small houses around..) – agreed with amendments

19th July 2016 – item 5 Cllr AS made the declaration) – accepted with amendment.

Cllr VB expressed concern that the minutes did not detail the protracted discussions that had taken place regarding the Public Works Loans Board loan relating to the WSCC project. The Clerk confirmed that the form of minutes was in line with CiLCA and Accorded with the decision by WWPC not record minutes verbatim in line with good practice.

  1. Matters arising (not included in the agenda)

7.1     Car wash facility – a meeting had been arranged with Mr Francis (GWS) and Cllrs BH/DC to discuss possible way forward.

Village memorials – Cllr DC had undertaken a site visit with Mr Quinn and agreed that a co-ordinator was required to move to the next level and seek grant funding.

Lions event – Cllr AP expressed her frustration at not having been notified of the meeting and upon receipt of the minutes she had contacted the Lions asking to be included in the next meeting of the group.

  1. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish

Mr Lakic, School Road expressed concern at planning application 16/01432/FUL, including lack of consideration to listed buildings at the site, hard landscaping inappropriate to the location, issues regarding parking in a cul-de-sac.

Mr Wright, Ettington Close, expressed his concern regarding the Council’s decision to enter a loan agreement for the MUGA, and asked if the Council had reviewed the business plan for the project following a declaration by Cllr Shepherd that there would be no reserves following payment of the loan.

Cllr Shepherd asked it be recorded that he had been misquoted, and stated what he had actually said was the reserves would fall below the insurers recommended reserve level, and that he would not wish to see it slip further, noting it was a recommended level not a mandatory one.

Mrs Bryan, Newbold Road, raised some amenity/highways issues and expressed her concern regarding the ditches and culvert opposite Newbold Road. She said the farmers were long overdue to do a clearance of the ditches, and noted there were several saplings growing in the ditch. She reminded Councillors of the severe flooding in an area where vulnerable and elderly residents resided and asked the footpath from Stratford Road to the White Bridge be cleared.

Mr Stevenson, Newbold Road said he had pictures of the trees growing in the ditch and had spoken to the WCC Highways Surveyor who would be conducting a site visit to look at the blocked pipework.

Mr Davis, Oxford Way, said the proposed development would be overdevelopment of the site and urged Cllrs to consider a reduction in houses to be built.

Mr Coleman, Walton Way, expressed his disappointment at the lack of a satisfactory response from WWPC relating to the £30,000 St Peter’s Youth Service were prepared to put into the WSCC project.

  1. County Council matters /District Council matters

Cllr Mrs Parry report – circulated at the meeting

Cllr Kendall update – funding was now available from the WCC grant funding allocation of £5,000 and it was noted that the new bench for Stratford Road had been approved

  1. Planning

10.1   Decisions – none

101.1    Approvals with conditions – noted

16/00891/FUL Change of use of land to enable the erection of one sub-station, local distribution sub-station, two transformers with new access track off Stratford Road, 2.4m high fencing/gate with ancillary works including cess pit
At Land off Stratford Road, Wellesbourne For Western Power Distribution – Mr Jones

10.1.2   Refusals

10.2      Applications withdrawn – noted

16/01554/FUL Demolition of existing garage, construction of two storey side extension & single storey rear extension. Existing facades of the building to be rendered with timber cladding to front with render & new porch to be constructed.
At 1 Wellesbourne Farm, Wellesbourne For Mr & Mrs Pearson

10.3      Applications

1.

16/02067/FUL Single storey extension to rear
At 27 Cranwell Drive Wellesbourne For Mr G Hall
Planning officer Lindsey Young Date 8 Aug 2016

No objection

2.

16/02347/TREE 0C6W: Swedish Whitebeam: Fell
At The Barn House, Chestnut Square Wellesbourne For Mr Gavin Callard
Planning officer Assistant planner Date 10th August 2016

Support due to the fungus infection and ask that the stump, roots and immediate soil are removed and that a replacement tree which is sympathetic to the location is planted in its place if possible.

3.

16/01432/FUL Demolition of the existing medical centre and construction of no.4 4 bedroomed dwellings with associated access and parking
At Hastings House Medical Centre, Kineton Road, Wellesbourne For Danny O’Flanagan
Planning officer Alison Willers Date 9th August 2016

Objected as it would be overdevelopment of the site, the properties would lack amenity space and the development lacks sympathy with the listed buildings in the cul-de-sac of School Road. The Council suggested soft landscaping should be considered rather than fencing and bins facing the listed buildings.

Councillors expressed concern at the lack of clarity within the plans as the new proposal had been superimposed over an image of the existing site

4.

16/02012/FUL Full application for change of land from agricultural use to storage for the purposes of siting of 50 storage containers and associated hard standing
At Newlands Caravan Site, Loxley Lane Wellesbourne For Mr C Warr
Planning officer Alison Willers Date 11th August 2016

Objected to this application on the grounds that 50 metal containers would not be in keeping with the rural area, would increase traffic to the site and would be industrialisation of the location when there is already a considerable industrial estate opposite Newlands facility already.

5.

16/02234/FUL Proposed single storey extension to side and rear, extension to existing porch, proposed pitched tiled roof to replace existing flat roof over carport, garage conversion and timber cladding to front elevation.
At 16 Willow Drive, Wellesbourne For Mr & Mrs Hawkins
Planning officer Lindsey Young Date 15th August 2016

No objection

6.

16/02230/FUL Proposed two storey side and single storey rear extensions, alter and replace windows and elevational treatment
At 1 The Nurseries, Lowes Lane, Wellesbourne For Mr K Rotchell
Planning officer Lindsey Young Date 15th August 2016

No objection

7.

16/02241/FUL Erection of one dwelling with associated works
At 9 Kineton Road, Wellesbourne For Mr M Page
Planning officer Ed Pigott Date 11th August 2016

No objection

10.3      Neighbourhood Plan

Dates for feedback from the consultation:

20th September – Extra Ordinary meeting to approve the document       18th October – Sign off of finished document

Mr Hargis and his team were thanked for all the work that had gone into production of the NHD Plan.

10.4.  Report John Hargis – circulated prior to the meeting

10.5   Date of next Area Planning Meetings: 3rd August 2016

 

  1. Finance Committee – Cllr AS

11.1   Chairman’s report – circulated prior to the meeting

11.2

Approval of monthly accounts as per attached cheque list Prop: Cllr AS     2nd: Cllr BH carried

11.3

Approval of staff salaries Prop: Cllr AS     2nd: Cllr EL carried

11.4   External Audit report – Further financial information had been requested and this had been supplied by the RFO/Clerk. Evidence based information had been sought relating to tenders for the leisure centre, the Clerk was awaiting further instruction.

11.5   Monthly management reports RFO – circulated prior to the meeting

11.6   Late Correspondence – Bowls Club.

The Bowls Club wrote to the Council asking for sponsorship of a prize on their annual gala. Following consideration the Council agreed that sponsorship was not a function of Local Government Office and that there was no budget for this type of activity.

Action: Write to Cathy Allfrey (secretary) Bowls Club with decision of the Council By Cllr Mrs Prior/Clerk

11.7   Date of next meeting – 16th August 2016

  1. Amenities and Highways Committee – Cllr DC

12.1   Chairman’s update DC – a meeting had been arranged with Mr Frances (GWS) regarding over-spray from the car wash.

The Handyman and Cllr DC had completed site visits to the sports fields and play areas and it was noted that there were still residents walking their dog(s) off lead and allowing fouling of the sports pitches.

Cllr DK was to follow up enquiries relating to the “no-man’s” land at the rear of Oxford Way.

Action: Enquire who has ownership of the land between existing housing and the new development By: Cllr DK

12.2      Date of next meeting 9th August 2016

  1. WSCC Committee – Cllr AP

13.1   Chairman’s report – circulated prior to the meeting. It was noted that due to the footprint of the Multi Use Games Area (MUGA), full detail had now been submitted to SDC Planning. It was confirmed that planning approval had been granted for installation of a MUGA with the original planning consent with conditions on the lighting provision.

Youth Services – late communication

Following receipt of a letter to all Councillors relating to £30,000 held by St Peter’s Youth Service with the potential for using this sum in the WSCC, a meeting had taken place with Mr Coleman and Cllrs AP and DK to discuss proposals for the youth providers in the village. Cllrs considered the content of the letter and agreed that formal written correspondence be requested of St Peter’s Youth Services setting out any expectations and conditions attached for consideration by the Council.

Action: Letter to Mr Coleman requesting clarification of expectations and conditions of investment of £30,000 into the WSCC building if any By: Clerk

It was agreed that the Parish Council co-ordinate a meeting with all youth providers in the parish to include groups such as Guides, Brownies, Scouts, St Peter’s Youth Service, Junior sports etc.

Action: Set up meeting with village youth groups By: To be agreed

 

Cllr AP had been asked by Mr Dowsett to attend a meeting with him at HRI to discuss the possibility of Wellesbourne Wanderers using their sports field. It was a positive meeting and some remedial work to the pavilion was to be undertaken if it was to be used

ITEMS 13.2, 13.3, 13.4 moved to confidential session

13.5 Date of next meeting – 13th September 2016 

  1. Emergency Committee – Cllr EL

14.1   Chairman’s update – A meeting with Orbit Heart of England had taken place to discuss the Council’s concerns relating to emergency evacuation procedures of their tenants; a follow up meeting to discuss amendments was to be arranged.

Brook clearance around the fields on Newbold Road leading to and from the culvert had not been carried out and it was noted that several sapling trees had established themselves in the brook.

Action: write to WCC flood risk management section asking why the 10 year clearance had not been undertaken (Paul Ryman) By: Office/A&H Committee

14.2      Date of next meeting – to be arranged

  1. Office & Staffing Committee – Cllr RB

15.1   Moved to confidential session

15.2   RFO probationary period had now successfully completed and a formal resolution would be made in September.

15.3   Date of next meeting – to be arranged

  1. WWPC Website – Cllr CM

16.1   No update

  1. Conservation Working Group – Cllr EL – Next meeting August 10th at 7.00pm at the Parish Council offices. Focus would be on Walton and a booklet would be compiled with the assistance of Cllrs Mrs Bartlett & Mrs Hurdman. Lady Hamilton had also indicated she would be happy to assist with historical information and photographs.
  1. Index 2016 – Cllr RB

18.1   Chairman’s update – the Index had made a modest profit and due to problems with the printing, Cllr Michael would be investigating ways to carry out a direct transfer from the electronic copy. Cllr RB thanked all who volunteered to help deliver.It was noted that the online version of the Index listings would be searchable and where available, direct hyperlinks were active

  1. Chedham’s Yard

19.1   Trustee update – It was noted with disappointment that no Councillors had agreed to be WWPC Trustees and that two Trustees were being sought – this could be a Councillor or member of public and Cllr DC asked for anyone interested to contact him or the office with their details. There was a diary of events circulated at the meeting, with “Live & Local” promoting art and heritage organisations depicting stories in music headlining.

  1. WALC
  2. 21. WALC representative report DC – circulated prior to the meeting. Next meeting 27th September at Elizabeth House. Cllr DC said he was unsure what value the meetings held for Wellesbourne and Walton parish.
  1. Police

22.1   Correspondence

Response to letter from Council regarding poor communication

Acknowledgement letter

From: Inspector Brealey

From Rebecca Parsons (policy research)

A meeting had been arranged for August 9th at 10am, Parish Council offices. Cllrs who were unable to attend were asked to send any comments to the Clerk beforehand.

  1. Wellesbourne and Walton News – Cllr AP

Proposed contents –

Chairman’s report – Cllr AP

Public Works Loan update & progression of lease, working volunteers – WSCC

Chedham’s Yard Trustees and Live & Local event

  1. Cllr and Clerk Exchange of Information

Cllr EL – email regarding speed limits on A429 – he asked what happened about the speed limits at Redhill traffic island

Cllr AP – had spoken to Walton Estates about the pending leases, it was anticipated this would progress in September.

Cllr AS – progress report on the camera to investigate the river pollution was long overdue

Cllr FH – disabled parking outside the chemist it appeared was already being misused by able bodied drivers, what enforcement would there be to combat this.

Cllr VB – the school bus was picking up children at the junction for Walton Road putting them and other vehicles in danger

  1. Items/reports for the next meeting by 25th August 2016

 

 

 

Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if members of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and Part 1 Schedule 12A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.

 

 

CONFIDENTIAL

13.2      WSCC

13.2   Possible terms of lease were considered by Councillors.

13.3   Recommendation to send the terms to the Solicitor for inclusion in a lease was agreed

13.4   Recommendation withdrawn

15.1      Chairman’s update – Staffing cover for sick leave to be arranged.

There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 10.20pm.

 

Chairman….Cllr Mrs Prior……

 

Signed……………………………

 

Date………………………………

(Completed 9th August 2016)