WELLESBOURNE PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes of the Finance Committee of the Council meeting on Tuesday 24th May 2016 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council office, 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Shepherd Councillors: Heaton, Mrs Michael, Mrs Prior Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 0
- Welcome by Chairman
- Appointment of Vice Chairman – Cllr Mrs Prior nominated Cllr Mrs Michael, no other nominations were made.
|Cllr Mrs Michael was nominated as Vice Chairman of the Finance Committee and accepted the post||Prop: cllr AP, 2nd Cllr AS carried|
- Apologies for Absence – none
- Declarations of Interest – none
- Confirmation of Agenda and identification of any items likely to be resolved to confidential session – none
- Confirmation of minutes of the meeting of 9th February 2016 – accepted
- Matters arising (not indicated as a separate agenda item)
Minutes from March meeting not yet approved.
Transparency Code – under the new code, the Council monthly income and expenditure is required to be published. The Clerk queried the format of supply of the accounts in an editable document and would seek WALC/NALC clarification.
- Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
- Council budget and expenditure reports – Cllr AS/RFO
9.1 Budget ‘v’ actual expenditure review – Cllrs received the finance report, to be distributed to all Cllrs.
- External Audit/ Internal Audit – update Clerk – Internal audit had been completed and the report was awaited, the Annual Return would be going to Grant Thornton on Friday 27th May.
- Review of Financial Regulations and recommendation to adopt amended Regulations
11.1 Financial Regulations – to be reviewed against the Revised NALC model and amendments at next meeting.
11.2 Council Insurance annual review – Cllr AS/Clerk – dealt with by Extra Ordinary meeting already.
- General/Late Correspondence – none
- Councillor/Clerk exchange of information
Cllr CM asked for a “BIO” on the new RFO for the website staff and members information.
The Clerk asked if there had been any progress on the Public Works Loans Board, and suggested WALC be contacted in
order to find out what information they would need to assist with process of setting up a loan with the Board for the MUGA
No advice had been received from the Council solicitor – Clerk to chase response.
- Date of next Committee meeting – 16th August 2016
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.00pm