WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of an Extra-ordinary meeting of the Council on Tuesday 24th May 2016 at 7.15pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Close, Heaton, Mrs Michael, Shepherd, Thomas
Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 2
- Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Mrs Bartlett, Mrs Bolton, Mrs Hurdman, Kendall, Lawley
- Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – agreed
- Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none
- Declarations of Interest – none
- Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mr Roberts, Kineton Road, raised his concerns regarding the proposed outline planning on the land south of Kineton Road for 86 houses and spoke about the content of his letter (Circulated prior to the meeting) to residents urging action to oppose the application.
Mrs Balmer, Kineton Road, in concern about the proposed development off Kineton Road said she had carried out a leaflet drop and had approached the school to see what capacity they had for additional children from new proposed housing. She had arranged a meeting to discuss the difficulties that would arise should the application be approved.
The Council thanked both asking that they checked their facts were accurate prior to submission of opposition and before attendance at the East Area Planning Committee.
- Urgent Planning – Cllr AP
|16/01284/FUL||Single storey side extension creating a single garage and ancillary accommodation|
|At||43 Valletta Way||For||Mrs Bollons|
|Case Officer||Emma Southerill-Smith||By||1 June 2016|
The Council supported the application with the caveat that the fence which had encroached onto open space with a detrimental effect on the footway making it narrow and dark with unmaintained overhanging vegetation be returned to the original boundary at build of the property.
- Renewal of Parish Council insurance policy – 1st June 2016 (quote) – Councillors accepted the renewal quote
- Cllr and Clerk exchange of information
Cllr CM asked why some Cllrs did not have an email contact on the website, the Clerk said this had been personal preference.
Cllr AP said she had met with Professor Swain at Warwickshire College with Darren Dowsett of the Junior Football to discuss possible use of their pitch facility. Wellesbourne Wanderers indicated that they would be happy to contribute financially,
Professor Swain would consider the offer.
- Date of next meeting 7th June 2016
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 8.05pm
Chairman…Cllr Mrs Prior…..
Completed 26.5.16 23