WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH C0UNCIL

The minutes of the Council meeting on Tuesday 5th April 2016 at 7.30 pm at the Methodist Hall in Bridge Street, Wellesbourne                                                                            

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior  Councillors: Mrs Bolton, Close, Heaton, Mrs Hurdman, Kendall, Lawley, Mrs Michael

Clerk: Mrs Scriven          District/County Councillors: Cllr Mrs Parry, Kendall                        Members of public: 9 

  1. Welcome and announcements
  1. Apologies of Absence – Cllr Mrs Bartlett, Shepherd
  1. Declarations of Interest

Cllr Close, non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to St Peter’s Church as a member of the Church and Chairman of their Finance Committee in accordance with the Nolan Principles. He said due to his declaration he would not propose the grant applications, item 11.1, stay in the meeting but would abstain from voting, and Chedham’s Yard as a Trustee.

Cllr Lawley, non pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to Neighbourhood Watch and Chedham’s Yard as a Trustee.

  1. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – agreed
  1. Identification of any items resolved for confidential session – Item 15 Appointment of RFO, employment matter- agreed
  1. Confirmation of the minutes of the Council Meetings:

1st March 2016 –The Index would not be the last proof reading – accepted with amendment.

15th March 2016- accepted

29th March 2016 – Item 6 name and address given by member of public – should say “offered to speak on a planning application submission at that point should the Council require”

Item 9 – Wixey trucks were travelling though the centre of the village

Minutes accepted with amendments

  1. Matters arising (not included in the agenda)

It was noted there had been difficulties with the CAT (Customer Access Terminal) software as it worked at the District Council offices but not out on location. Cllrs raised concern at the timescales involved in being provided with a CAT, which now spanned approx. 4 years and expressed disappointment at being badly let down by SDC. It was noted that Cllr Mrs Parry had discussed the concerns of the Parish Council with SDC Officers.

Cllr AP said she had attended the East Area Planning Committee meeting and the decision for planning application on 9 Kineton Road had been deferred pending a site visit.

Item 15 on the March 15th 2016 minutes referred to damage caused by the contractor who fitted the Christmas Lights in the Parish. Following advice from the Council insurers, injured parties would need to take the matter up directly with the contractor and details of the contractor had been supplied to all parties.

  1. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish

Mrs Bryan, Newbold Road, expressed concern about the localised flooding from the fields opposite Newbold Road and asked the Council to check what clearance works had been done on the ditches and culvert since the last clearance.

Mrs Dane, Newbold Road, asked if the grants item would be made public.

Mr Podbury, Kineton Road, said the grant funding had not been put on the website and noted the budget for grants had reduced

9. County Council matters /District Council matters

Cllr Mrs Parry – report was circulated prior to the meeting. She expressed concern with regard to potential changes to the X15 bus service proposal to omit Newbold Pacey from the route. Work with John Hargis for the NHD Plan continued and said there would be an election on May 5th for the role of Police Crime Commissioner.

Cllr Kendall update – had arranged a meeting with County Highways on 14/4/16 at 4.30pm outside the Village Hall, and enquiries had been made relating to any outstanding Sec 106 money for WWPC.

Action: Write to Stagecoach expressing concern at proposals to cut services to rural villages By: Amenities & H committee

 

  1. Planning

10.1   Decisions – none

10.1.1   Approvals with conditions – none

10.2      Refusals – none

10.2.1   Applications

  1. For information only
16/00892/TEL28 Installation of 1 x olive green coloured DSLAM equipment cabinet
At PC011 Kineton Road outside British Telecom For British Telecom

Noted

2.

16/00874/FUL Single storey rear extension
At 12 Manston Drive For Dean Canning
Case Officer Michelle Hill By 18th April 2016

The Council supported the application as it improved the amenity for the resident.

10.3   New Medical Centre developments since last meeting update – Cllr AP said Dr Read Jones was hopeful for feedback from the South Warwickshire Clinical Commissioning Group by 7th April.

10.4   Neighbourhood Plan – The Council had received the draft plan to be discussed at a meeting on 19th April 2016.

10.4.1 Report John Hargis – circulated prior to the meeting

10.5   Date of next Area Planning Meetings: 15th April 2016

  1. Finance Committee – Cllr DC

11.1   Chairman’s update

Recommendation to make grant funding allocations public Prop Cllr DC, 2nd Cllr EL carried

The Chairman read out all allocations for the 2016/17 grant funding budget giving reasons for successful/unsuccessful application

Recommendation to approve grant funding proposed by the Finance Committee Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr BH carried

11.2

Approval of monthly accounts as per attached cheque list Prop Cllr RB, 2nd Cllr BH carried

11.3

Approval of staff salaries Prop Cllr RB, 2nd Cllr EL carried

11.4   Accounts report – Bookkeeper report month 11/12/year end – Cllrs to raise any queries by email to the Clerk

12      Amenities and Highways Committee – Cllr EL

12.1   Chairman’s report – circulated prior to the meeting

12.2   HGV update – Cllr EL had visited WIXEY (Haulage firm) regarding their use of the village centre, the response had been positive and it was confirmed in an email that their trucks would use the A429 in future unless road closures occur. It was noted that the company were not aware of the Advisory Lorry Route.

Photographs had been collated of the new graffiti and confirmation of undertaking clearance was awaited from the Community Payback Team.

It was noted that residents had taken it upon themselves to cut back the trees on the Dovehouse green corridor due to the frustration of overgrowth not being removed by the local authorities in a timely manner. Residents to be reminded that trees have to be pruned at certain times of the year for the health of the tree and some trees may have preservation orders on them which could lead to a heavy fine.

12.3   Christmas Lights – Three companies had been seen and final detailed reports were awaited from the final company.

12.4   Date of next meeting 12th April 2016 

  1. WSCC Committee – Cllr AP

13.1   Chairman’s report – circulated prior to the meeting

Cllr CM said the company “White Room” had looked at the design of the leaflet for the project and had enhanced the design for more professional marketing, without charge. The company were keen to assist the project and had offered to design a professional logo and marking material along with naming the building for free. It was agreed that the competition for a logo design to be cancelled but that a public design idea be reassessed in the future – such as a picture/painting for the reception wall

13.2

Recommendation that extra monies from Section 106 totalling £59,000 should be allocated to fund the MUGA (multi use games area) Prop Cllr AP 2nd Cllr DC

Carried

13.3

Recommendation to investigate the possibility of a public loan of £200,000 to add to the £60,000 already in place in order to build the MUGA in time for the opening of the main building in September 2016

Action: seek further information from the PWLB

Prop Cllr DC 2nd Cllr AP carried

 

By: Office/Chairman

13.4   Date of next meeting – 17th May 2016

  1. Emergency Committee – Cllr EL

14.1   Chairman’s update

14.2   Correspondence to Orbit Heart of England regarding possible evacuation procedures & acknowledgement reply – It was noted that a very poor response had been given to the recent threat of flooding, leaving vulnerable tenants to fend for themselves in the event flooding had occurred.

Action: send copy of both letters to MP Jeremy Wright and inform him of the meeting date selected. By: Office/Cllr EL

14.2      Date of next meeting 23rd April 2016 

  1. Office & Staffing Committee – Cllr RB

15.1   Chairman’s update

15.2   Moved to confidential

15.3      Date of next meeting 28th June 2016

  1. WWPC Website – Cllr CM

16.1   The new website was now live and Cllr CM was liaising with the staff to update the minutes, agendas and reports.

  1. Conservation Working Group – Cllr EL

17.1   It was noted that there was no cash to renovate the war memorial in the churchyard but that Mr England had been asked to re-paint the lettering on the memorial. It was noted there was no plaque on the outside of the church acknowledging the foreign airmen who lost their lives; due to the high number it was felt listing by origin would be more manageable. The Church had no money to help with either works but would possibly permit this if the Parish Council obtained a grant on the proviso that all rules and regulations of the Church were followed.

Action: Contact Kate Mier asking for a meeting to discuss By: Cllr EL
  1. Index 2016 – Cllr RB

18.1   Chairman’s update – The Index was back with the printers for revision and it was noted that the process had taken much longer than expected.

  1. Lengthsman – Cllr DC

19.1   No update

  1. Street Fayre – It was agreed that WWPC would have a stall at the fayre, subject matters to be agreed.
  1. Chedham’s Yard – Cllr DC/EL

21.1   Parish Council Trustees update – the season opens 30th April and a young persons learning officer had been appointed, Amy Lewis, who would be working closely with groups of children such as schools, scouts, cubs, guides and brownies. The Trust were looking into how other facilities operate without entry fees and everyone was reminded that refreshments were offered at the site. The question of personal interest and personal loyalty was raised regarding Trustees, and it was noted that the Freedom of Information act now applied to charities.

  1. Wellesbourne and Walton News – Cllr AP – Proposed contents –

Chairman’s report – Cllr AP

Trees on the Dovehouse being pruned and dog foul bins being filled with carrier bags full of foul waste – Cllr AP

Progress update on the Charlecote pass distribution

Progress on WSCC

  1. Cllr and Clerk Exchange of Information

Cllr BH raised awareness of graffiti on the fallen wall by the White Bridge

Cllr CM said the Council website now included the list of events for the parish and could be found under ‘leisure’.

Cllr DC said he had raised the issue of improvement of the precinct area with Walton Estate, business tenants were not willing to contribute to maintenance fees. The Estate were content to install tubs/planters but asked that WWPC fill them with soil and plants and take over responsibility for their upkeep. It was agreed that the upkeep might be something WIB were willing to undertake.

Cllr AP said she had attended the Sports Association AGM where WWPC were spoken about in a derisory manner. The Sports Association Chairman asked to meet to discuss the lease but the Council refused on the grounds that the lease had been finalised and signed and was now a legally binding document.

Cllr AP asked Cllrs to think about what committees/working parties/appointment to other bodies they would like to join for the coming year. Cllr DC asked new Cllrs to step up to the challenges and put themselves forward for Vice Chairman or roles on committees.

  1. Items/reports for the next meeting by 21st April 2016

Table of monthly meeting dates

Full Council 5th April 2016
Amenities /Highways Committee 12th April 2016
Neighbourhood Plan 19th April 2016
Extraordinary meeting on Transparency Code

Emergency Committee

23rd April 2016

7pm

Area Planning 13th April 2016

Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if members of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and Part 1 Schedule 12A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.

CONFIDENTIAL

  1. Cllrs considered the preferred candidate for appointment of a Responsible Financial Officer and agreed the associated salary.                           There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.35pm

Chairman……Cllr Mrs Prior……………

Signed…………………………………..

Date…………………………………….

Completed 07.04.16