WELLESBOURNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Wellesbourne Sports and Community Centre Committee meeting on Tuesday 12th January 2016 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office, 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Mrs Bartlett, Close, Mrs Hurdman, Kendall, Mrs Michael
Clerk: Mrs Scriven Non Council members of Committee: Mrs Cook, Mr Coleman Guest: Mrs Woodhouse
Members of public: 0
- Apologies for absence – Cllr Thomas
- Declarations of Interest – none
- Confirmation of the Order of the Agenda – move item 11 Fundraising to follow item 8 Open session
- Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none
- Confirmation of the Minutes of the meeting 10th November 2015 – agreed
- Matters arising – none
- Open session for members of public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
11 Fundraising – Cllr AP/Wendy Woodhouse
The total raised to date for the Buy a Brick scheme was £4195.00
Mrs Woodhouse spoke about the funding opportunities and all the contacts she had made with local companies and fundraisers. It was suggested that a logo competition for a sticker be launched stating “I sponsored WSCC” or similar which could be given out to persons purchasing a brick or making a donation to the project. Crowd funding was explained as an online service used for raising awareness of a project and which permits persons to make a donation using a paypal account or other media payment services. Cllr VB asked if she could have assurance that the youth services could have permanent use of a room in the building if she could provide someone to do some of the work at a reduced cost, Cllrs agreed to look into this in the event Cllr VB’s suggestion proved successful.
Cllrs agreed that it might be prudent to look into a loan from the Public Works Loans Board.
|Action: Collect estimates from PWLB for March meeting||By Office|
- VAT update – Cllr AP – The certificate for zero rating VAT on the Annex had been given to the contractor. The advisor said there would be elements of the refurbishment which would be zero rated, although this would exclude fixtures and fittings.
10 Contract update – The contractor had now signed the contract and awaited WWPC’s signature.
- Moved to follow number 8
- Charitable Status discussion – Cllr AP
12.1 Charitable purposes document (GOV. UK) – Guidance – noted
12.2 Public benefits document (GOV.UK) – How to write charitable purposes
12.3 How the public benefit will be delivered – (GOV.UK) – Public benefit requirement
Following discussion, the Committee agreed the charitable purposes to be items 4, 6, 9, 12
- The advancement of education
- The advancement of health or the saving of lives
- The advancement of amateur sports
- The relief of those in need, by reason of youth, age, ill health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage
The group aims would be for Wellesbourne & Walton Parish and its hinterland villages, for the good of all age groups from young persons to adulthood.
|Action: Send agreed charitable purposes to Kevin Mitchell to put together the information for application of charity status.||By: Office|
- Cllrs, Clerk and non-members Exchange of Information
Cllr VB raised concern regarding the amount of rubbish behind the one stop shop on Newbold Road.
Mrs Cook queried how parking would be controlled/affected at the WSCC when there were football or cricket matches bringing away team supporters to the location.
- Date of next meeting 15th March 2016
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.05pm
Chairman…Cllr Mrs Prior….. Signed……………………….. Date…………………………… completed 15.1.16