WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH C0UNCIL

The minutes of the Council meeting on Tuesday 2nd February 2016 at 7.30pm at the Methodist Hall, Bridge Street Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior Councillors: Mrs Bartlett, Mrs Bolton, Close, Heaton, Mrs Hurdman, Kendall, Lawley,

Mrs Michael   Clerk: Mrs Scriven Members of public: 12      District/County Councillors: Cllr Mrs Prior, Cllr Kendall

Guest: Mr Hargis, Neighbourhood Plan        

  1. Welcome and announcements
  1. Apologies of Absence – Cllrs Shepherd & Thomas                        
  1. Declarations of Interest – none
  1. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – accepted
  1. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – item 20 Lengthsman, in relation to staffing issues only – Prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr DC, carried
  1. Confirmation of the minutes of the Council Meetings

5th January 2016 – Item 19.2 public information on Lengthsman Scheme to outline there are several Parish Councils who will bepart of the scheme to include Loxley, Moreton Morrell, Ashorne & Newbold Pacey and WWPC who would be the administrator.

Item 7.4 The Chairman asked if the minutes of 8th December were available which they were not. Accepted with amendments

12th January 2016 Cllr Mrs Michael to be added to the attendance record. Accepted with amendments

19th January 2016 – Accepted

26th January 2016 – to be approved at a future meeting 

  1. Matters arising none
  1. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish

Mrs Jones, Hopkins Way, asked the Council for a cycle route on the A429 to Sainsbury’s along with a footway

Mr Hargis, Chapel Street, asked if bollards could be considered for the grass verge by the bus shelter on Chapel Street to prevent verge damage by postal vans and delivery lorries. He raised concern regarding the spray coming over the hedge and across the footway from the jet wash at the garage at Warwick Road.

Mr Rose, Grange Gardens, asked if the Eyes & Paws event to data chip dogs could be better publicised.

  1. County Council matters /District Council matters

Cllr Mrs Parry – report circulated prior to the meeting

Cllr Kendall update – Stratford District Council had reviewed their vote on the Combined Authority and had now voted in favour, and the County Council decision on a Combined Authority would be re-debated. A meeting to discuss the gyratory in Wellesbourne was being sought to take place in March 2016.

  1. Planning

10.1   Decisions – none

10.1.1   Approvals with conditions – none

10.2      Refusals – none

10.2.1   Applications

1.

15/04528/REM Erection of o 19664m2 GIA of B2/B8 (with Ancillary B1) warehouse with car parking, associated servicing, landscaping an infrastructure
At Wellesbourne Distribution Park, Loxley Road For Griffen UK Ltd on behalf of GULF Ventures 4 Ltd
Case Officer Gary Moss By 9th February 2016

The council supported the application on the grounds it is warehousing on brownfield site promoting local economy but asked that there be strict control of the hours of operation to stop disturbance of nearby domestic dwellings and that the annotated landscaping is complied with in that mature trees/shrubs are used not whips. There should also be a maintenance contract in place for the management of the landscaping for a minimum of 10 years.

2.

16/00039/FUL Proposed demolition of existing garage and erection of replacement two storey garage block with ancillary accommodation. New single storey linking boot room and new single storey stable and shed.
At Eastfields, Friz Hill, Walton For Mr & Mrs Clarke
Case Officer Richard Bergmann By 11th February 2016

The Council supported the application as it improves the amenity of the building for the occupant.

10.3      New Medical Centre update – Cllr AP said she had received a second letter from David Cameron, both of which were considered inadequate by WWPC as they were pro-forma letters that did not address any of the individual issues raised and the letter received from the Secretary of State had suggested contacting the South Warwickshire Commissioning Group (SWCG). A number of residents had also complained that they had received generic responses to their concerns.                           98

Action: Letter to SWCG saying a number of public complaints had been received regarding the generic responses given rather than responding to issues raised. By Cllr AP

10.4      Neighbourhood Plan

10.4.1 Report John Hargis – circulated prior to the meeting. There would be a meeting with SDC on 19th February to incorporate feedback from the meeting with WWPC after which it would be returned to WWPC early March for review followed by a meeting to confirm all required amendments on 23rd March after which a recommendation to accept the Plan would be proposed.

10.5   Core Strategy meetings update – Cllr DC/CM – a strong and rigorous case had been put to the Inspector by the SDCOfficers and especially Mr Nash, who spoke very well supporting Wellesbourne & Walton Parish and its community.Cllr DK said there had been positive feedback from Mr Nash, who felt the airfield at Wellesbourne had been defended as well as could possibly be expected of SDC Officers.

Action: Letter of appreciation to the Chief Executive By Cllr Close signed off by Clerk

10.6      Date of next Area Planning Meetings: 1st March 2016

  1. Finance Committee – Cllr DC

11.1   Chairman’s update – no further update

11.2

Approval of monthly accounts as per attached cheque list Prop: Cllr BH, 2nd Cllr EL carried

11.3

Approval of staff salaries Prop: Cllr DC, 2nd Cllr BH carried

11.4   Financial reports months 9 & 10 – noted. A meeting had been arranged to discuss the Christmas lights with the contractor due to problems experienced, and a further meeting of the committee would be required to finalise the grants.

11.6   Date of next meeting – 9th February 2016

  1. Amenities and Highways Committee – Cllr EL

12.1   Chairman’s report – circulated prior to the meeting. The Welcome Packs were now assembled and awaiting the SaferNeighbourhood Team (Police) information leaflet and Wellesbourne walking route map. There had been discontent reported on Facebook regarding possible parking restrictions, caused by misunderstood information. Clear information was posted on the WWPC Facebook page showing the aim of the restriction was to keep traffic moving around the businesses.

12.2   Footpaths – report from joint parishes meeting 28/1/16 – Cllr RB said the meeting had been postponed as Cllr Mrs Parryhad been unable to attend but wanted WWPC to ask for reinstatement of the footpath once the Committee had given the detail.

12.3   Parking restriction consultation 21/1/16 – 19/2/16 – Cllr EL

12.4   Dog fouling leaflet – Cllr EL

Recommendation to accept quote to print dog fouling leaflet Prop Cllr EL, 2nd Cllr BH carried

12.5      Date of next meeting 16th February 2016

  1. WSCC Committee – Cllr AP

13.1   Chairman’s report – circulated prior to the meeting

Cllr RB asked why Charitable Aims were required and Cllr AP said WWPC had made the decision to form a charity to run the facility and in order to register as a charity the “Aims” must be set out for the Charity Commission. In accord with the WWPC instruction, the agreed “Aims” were now with the Council Solicitor for his action.

13.2   Date of next meeting – 15th March 2016

  1. WWPC Website – Cllr CM

14.1   Presentation of new website – Cllr CM gave a demonstration of the Council’s new website layout and explained the differences from the current site. It was suggested the original site be retained for a year to allow smooth transition of information

Action: Check with Webmaster as to what the cost of retention would be for one year and report back with recommendation at March Full Council meeting By: Cllr CM

The Council recorded their thanks to Mr Saunders (Webmaster) and Cllr CM for their work on both websites.

14.2   Chairman’s report – circulated prior to the meeting

  1. Emergency Committee – Cllr EL

15.1   Chairman’s report – The updated Emergency Plan was to be placed into the emergency boxes, a master copy wouldremain at the office. Pages with changes would be circulated to all Cllrs to update their personal copy. It was noted that the video camera focussed on the River Dene at Bridge Street had now been activated.

15.2      Date of next meeting 19th April 2016

  1. Office & Staffing Committee – Cllr RB

16.1   Chairman’s update – Cllr RB said the Clerk had recommended that due to the size of the Council budgets, that the Councilshould have a separate RFO (Responsible Finance Officer). Arrangements for separating the two roles had begun on the Clerk’s request and the Committee hoped to bring a recommendation to Council to enable the new RFO to commence work in April.

16.2   Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme – The Clerk had registered the Council for Auto Enrolment in accord with thelegislation, and a recommendation of what scheme the Council should adopt would follow the next meeting of committee.

16.3   Date of next meeting 15th February 2016

  1. Index 2016 – Cllr RB

17.1   Chairman’s update – The first proof had been returned from the printer, amendments had been made but a map was awaited from SDC. The Administrator was looking at amending the current map to expedite the matter.                             99

  1. Village Hall – report from Management Committee – Cllr RB said a letter had been sent to the Council from Mrs Dane(Secretary) requesting that the Council approach Walton Estate Trustees to ask that the Council be permitted to sub-let the hall to the existing Management Committee. The Chairman said a set of questions were sent to the Trustees of the Estate and that the lease was clear in its instruction that no sub-letting would be permitted. The Council’s Solicitor having looked at the lease, confirmed that to do so would be a serious breach of the terms and conditions of the lease.

Following discussion with Councillors, Cllr RB moved to propose the following recommendation

Recommendation to contact the Estate Solicitor whether sub-letting would be possible to a charitable organisation wishing to manage the Hall. Prop: Cllr RB, 2nd Cllr DK

2 For, 3 Against, 4 Abstained – motion failed

It was noted that negotiation currently was not considered appropriate but this did not preclude it from being raised at a later date

  1. C.A.T. (Customer Access Terminal) – Clerk

19.1   Update – installation of the CAT had taken place but problems with audio had prevented its immediate launch.

  1. Lengthsman Scheme – Cllr DC

20.1   Scheme update – Cllr DC said a job description and protocol of how the scheme would work had been compiled. The Clerk was working on the contract and once reviewed will be sent to members for approval. Once all members of the scheme approved the documents would be sent to Dan Green to activate the scheme.

20.2

Recommendation: Council approves WWPC to run the scheme for 18 months Prop Cllr DC, 2nd Cllr AP carried
  1. Annual Meeting 8th March 2016 – Cllr AP

Speakers: Orbit Heart of England – Care facility Ettington Park, Sheree Johansen – Empty Homes Project, Fuel Poverty

21.1   Parish report – Reminder for Cllrs to submit reports

  1. WALC

22.1   County Council update – Cllr DC asked Cllrs that any suggestions arising from the reports to let him know.

22.2   Annual Seminar 12/3/16 at Myton School 9.15am – 3.45pm – Cllrs contact Clerk if wish to attend

22.3   Southern Area Meeting 23/3/16 at Elizabeth House (SDC) 6pm

22.4   Beacon for Queen’s birthday – Cllrs were asked to consider a lit beacon for the celebrations, and to find at what cost.

Action: Contact Mr Quinn and ask if the Church would be happy to light the beacon on the church tower By: Cllr AP
  1. Wellesbourne and Walton News – Cllr AP

23.1     Chairman’s report – Cllr AP

Proposed contents – Beacon, WSCC, Annual meeting, Charlecote Park/Chedham’s Passes. (It was noted that this would be the final year of the Charlecote Park concessions due to the growth of the population of the Parish)

  1. Wellesbourne Business Voice (Meeting) – Cllr EL

24.1   It was noted that WWPC had not been invited to the meeting as the group wished to discuss the proposed parking restrictions. Cllrs felt the group should understand that any observations and or comments should be made to WCC.

Action: Contact Business Voices (Mr McGlen) and request a meeting to discuss any concerns By: Cllr EL
  1. Cllr and Clerk Exchange of Information

Cllr EL said mud remained a danger on the Loxley Road due to insufficient sweeping.

Cllr BH said water spray from the Jet Wash at the garage was spilling onto the footway/road, and vehicles were still being parked on the double yellow lines on Old Warwick Road making exiting the garage forecourt hazardous.

Cllr CM said the Stratford Herald were publishing support articles for the airfield each week.

Cllr AP said the Eyes & Paws event would be helping dog owners to keep up with the new legislation to chip all dogs.

The Sports Association AGM was to take place on 16th March 2016 – to be attended by Cllrs AP/DK/BH.

  1. Items/reports for the next meeting by 18th February 2016

Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if members of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and Part 1 Schedule 12A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.

CONFIDENTIAL

10.4      Lengthsman

The Council considered who could be appointed the role of Lengthsman with provided guidance from Dan Green (WCC)

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.35pm

Chairman..Cllr Mrs Prior….

Signed………………………………………………..

Date…………………………………………………..

10thFebruary 2016