WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH C0UNCIL

The minutes of the Council meeting on Tuesday 1st March 2016 at 7.30 pm at the Methodist Hall in Bridge Street Wellesbourne                                

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior  Councillors: Mrs Bartlett, Mrs Bolton, Mrs Hurdman, Kendall, Lawley, Mrs Michael

Clerk: Mrs Scriven          Members of District/County Council: 1       Members of public: 16

  1. Welcome and announcements
  1. Apologies of Absence – Cllrs Close, Heaton, Shepherd, Thomas
  1. Declarations of Interest – Cllr Mrs Prior – Non pecuniary interest in planning item 3, 10.2.1 as neighbour
  1. Confirmation of the order of the agenda – item 10 Planning, 10.1.3 to be moved to the end of planning applications to allow the Chairman to leave the meeting – agreed.
  1. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none
  1. Confirmation of the minutes of the Council Meetings

         2nd February 2016 – Pg 98 bus shelter should be Chestnut Square not Chapel Street – accepted with amendment

  1. Matters arising (not included in the agenda)

7.1     Village Hall – Correspondence from Management Committee & Council response – noted

Cllr RB said Walton Estate should be asked if there had been any progress moving toward a formal lease with the Parish Council; Cllrs agreed this would not be an appropriate time to ask.

  1. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish

Mr Spall, Kineton Road, raised concern about loss of his amenity space relating to planning item 16/00364/FUL as the neighbouring property.

Mr Michael, Kineton Road, (planning applicant – 16/00364/FUL) spoke in favour of his application stating he believed that it would complement and redress the balance of Kineton Road after the recent build on the Police Station site next door. He said developers had approached him to further develop the site.

Miss McDonaugh, Mountford Close, raised concerns relating to planning item number 16/00364/FUL stating it would give a cramped appearance on the street scene and cause parking problems in an already fraught area.

Mrs Williams, Peelers Gate raised concern about the traffic problems around the chemist and doctors surgery and that planning item 16/00364/FUL would potentially place additional strain on what is already a busy section of road.

Mr Tilly, Church Street, said as he would lose privacy at the rear of his property when the Medical Centre was built, he would like to make the front amenity space a private area.

  1. County Council matters

District Council matters

Cllr Mrs Parry – report – The Council Tax had been approved by Stratford District Council which had raised by under 10p per week to maintain current services.

Cllr Kendall update – County Council had increased their budget by 2% on Band D properties.

  1. Planning

10.1   Decisions – Cllr CM had attended the East Area Planning Committee (EAPC) to speak on behalf of the Parish Council on planning applications – The Old Bakery and Rowendene, both were approved by SDC. The advertising boards for Walton Hall were also considered by the EAPC and the Kineton Road sign was refused for a smaller board in keeping with those installed on Walton Road. The appeal for Anson Close fence was overturned and will now remain.

10.1.1   Approvals with conditions

10.2      Refusals

10.2.1   Applications

1.

16/00364/FUL Demolition of existing garage and erection of two dwellings
At 9 Kineton Road, Wellesbourne For Mr Michael Page
Case Officer Ed Pigott By 2nd March 2016

The Parish Council object on the grounds it would be detrimental to the neighbouring properties as it would project beyond their building lines causing overshadowing and would considerably increase the traffic at a location already fraught with traffic problems.

2.

16/00476/FUL Construction of bin store and storage structure on existing hard standing to be enclosed by fencing at front of property. Erection of 2.0metre high entrance gates and brick post gates fronting the highway.
At 16 Church Street, Wellesbourne For Mr & Mrs David Tilly
Case Officer Richard Bergman By 8th March 2016

The Parish council support the application subject to the approval of the Conservation Officer at Stratford District Council, especially regarding the height and style of the gates.

CLLR AP LEFT THE MEETING

3.

16/00464/FUL Erection of 2nd storey side extension
At 9 Wyvern Close, Wellesbourne For Mr George Wragg
Case Officer Richard Bergman By 7th March 2016

The Parish Council supports the application as it enhances the amenity for the occupant.

CLLR AP RE-JOINED THE MEETING

4.

16/00481/TREE T1 Willow – reduce small branches (of less than 50mm diameter ) by approx. 2m
At 2 Peacock Court, Chapel Street, Wellesbourne For Mr Andy Fielding
Case Officer Assistant planner By 7th March 2016

The Parish Council support the application for the health of the tree.

5.

16/00523/FUL Conversion of garage to downstairs kitchen diner
At Huntington Court, Lowes Lane For Mr Basham
Case Officer Richard Bergmann By 14th March

The Parish Council support this application as it enhances the property for the occupant.

10.3      New Medical Centre developments since last meeting update – The South Warwickshire Commissioning Group (SWCG) had agreed no further evidence for the necessity for the Medical Centre development was required and would consider an offer on the new costings for the development within a week.

Action: Letter of support by WWPC to SWCG to expedite the matter By: Chairman Cllr AP

10.4      Neighbourhood Plan

10.4.1 Report John Hargis – It was noted the planned meeting of WWPC to discuss the NHD Plan had been postponed due to the workload of the District Council Officer.

10.5   Date of next Area Planning Meetings:   2nd, 9th and 23rd March 2016

  1. Finance Committee – Cllr DC

11.1   Chairman’s report – circulated prior to the meeting

11.2

Approval of monthly accounts as per attached cheque list Prop Cllr VB, 2nd Cllr EL carried

11.3

Approval of staff salaries Prop Cllr VB, 2nd Cllr EL carried

11.4   Accounts report for Month 11 – Bookkeeper Month 11 and 12 to complete and year end to be run after 31st March

11.5   14th March 2016 (10.30am) – Grants finalisation

  1. Transparency Code

12.1   Meeting April – date to be confirmed

13      Amenities and Highways Committee – Cllr EL

13.1   Chairman’s report – circulated prior to the meeting

13.2   Christmas Lights – Cllrs discussed the problems occurring with the lights and the lack of service level promised.

Recommendation to pay nothing further to Contactor due to poor service Prop Cllr EL 2nd Cllr VB carried

13.3      Graffiti

Recommendation to employ the Community Payback Team to remove graffiti including the underpass to a maximum cost of £250 inc vat Prop Cllr EL, 2nd Cllr AP carried

13.3.1

Recommendation to explore material costs for the Council Handyman to remove graffiti in future Prop Cllr EL, 2nd Cllr AP carried

13.4      Bus shelter and litter picking tenders

Recommendation to approved draft tenders for the bus shelter cleaning and litter picking contracts Prop Cllr EL 2nd Cllr AP carried

13.5      Date of next meeting 12th April 2016

  1. WSCC Committee – Cllr AP

14.1   Chairman’s report – circulated prior to the meeting

14.2   Date of next meeting – 15th March 2016

  1. Emergency Committee – Cllr EL

15.1   Date of next meeting 19th April 2016

  1. Office & Staffing Committee – Cllr RB

16.1   Chairman’s report – circulated prior to the meeting.

Cllrs were reminded to ring the office first on occasions where staff time to carry out a task would be required.

16.2      Data Storage

Recommendation from Committee to purchase back up software for the Council website at a cost of £54 inc vat Prop Cllr RB, 2nd Cllr AP Carried

16.3      Council Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme

Recommendation from Committee to nominate the Government Pension Scheme “NEST” for current non pensioned staff and all new employees who qualify to join the Scheme Prop Cllr RB, 2nd Cllr CM carried

16.4      *Photocopier contract – renewals

Recommendation from Committee to accept quote 3 for a 5 year contract for the provision of an office photocopier Prop Cllr RB, 2nd Cllr AP carried.

16.5      Date of next meeting – to be arranged

  1. WWPC Website – Cllr CM

17.1   Update – The new website was now live and the old website would expire at renewal date.

  1. Index 2016 – Cllr RB

18.1   Chairman’s update – The Index was now with the printer for last proof reading. Volunteers to assist with delivery were asked for.

  1. Lengthsman

19.1   Contract, Job Description, Administration Procedure

Recommendation to accept (with any agreed amendment) the Contract, Job Description and Administration Procedures for the Lengthsman Scheme to be administrated by WWPC Prop.Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr DK carried
  1. C.A.T. (Customer Access Terminal) – Clerk

20.1   Update on installation – still awaiting connection. Cllr Parry to contact SDC and chase action.

  1. Community Forum

21.1   Date of next meeting – to be confirmed

  1. Annual Meeting 8th March 2016 – Cllr AP

Three speakers would be giving presentations at the meeting and various groups would be displaying their work made possible by grant funding from WWPC.

  1. WALC Southern Area Committee

23.1   23rd March 2016 (6.00pm) Speakers Phil Grafton (SDC Monitoring Officer) & John Crossling (WALC County Secretary) speaking on Warwickshire’s Local Council Charter

  1. Conservation Working Group

24.1      Next meeting – 2nd March 2016

  1. Wellesbourne and Walton News – Cllr AP

Proposed contents – New Medical Centre update, Annual Parish Meeting report and photographs

Chairman’s report – Cllr AP

  1. Clerk’s updates

26.1   Walton Sewer – update – further information had been sent to Severn Trent for consideration for the upgrade to public sewer. Any pictures or flood information for homes in Walton to be sent to the Clerk as soon as possible.

  1. Cllr and Clerk Exchange of Information

Cllr EL – Chedham’s Yard had been conversing with Compton Verney regarding their wild flower meadow with footpaths through, this information might be useful for the public part of Dog Close. The County Highways response to concerns regarding the gyratory were unhelpful and uncooperative. It was stated by the Highways Officer that as there had been no fatalities or serious accident on this area of road it was considered further signage or a site meeting would be unnecessary and unhelpful.

Cllr DK said the underpass has been recently cleared of litter and glass.

Cllr RB asked if the County Council were aware the sale of wooden mushrooms on the roadside by the sewer works was taking place.

Cllr VB said the hedges at Walton had finally been cut back. The first distribution of Charlecote Tickets had seen approximately 200 tickets given out.

Cllr AP said she would contact Peter Quinn regarding the Beacon for the Queen’s birthday on behalf of the Council. Warwick University had invited her to meet regarding of the future of the old “HRI” site. It was noted that the campus is intending to stay open as an Education and Research Centre in keeping with the Scientific Business Park. It was noted that the University would be happy to arrange a meeting with local sports clubs to offer hire of their sports pitches.

Cllr AP said there had been a high response to the Finance Officer vacancy.

  1. Items/reports for the next meeting by 24th March 2016

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.40pm

Chairman….Cllr Mrs Prior……..

Signed…………………………..

Date………………………………

Completed on 18/03/16