WELLESBOURNE PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes of the Finance Committee of the Council meeting on Tuesday 9th February 2016 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council office, 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman Cllr Close Councillors: Heaton, Mrs Michael, Mrs Prior Clerk: Mrs Scriven Public: 0
- Welcome by Chairman
- Apologies for Absence – Cllr Shepherd
- Declarations of Interest – Cllr Prior, declarable pecuniary interest in matters pertaining to the Chairman’s allowance as recipient of the allowance.
- Confirmation of Agenda and identification of any items likely to be resolved to confidential session – agreed
- Confirmation of minutes of the meeting of 15th December 2015 – accepted
- Matters arising (not indicated as a separate agenda item) – none
- Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none
- Council budget and expenditure reports – Cllr DC
8.1 2015/16 – Budget V actual expenditure review – Cllrs reviewed the document and several queries to be raised with bookkeeper were noted.
- Internal Audit– It was noted that once again the Council had a clear audit with praise noted for the continued improvements made by the Council Clerk to ensure good working practices for the Council were in place. The Clerk was commended and congratulated for her hard work before and during the audit to ensure the Council’s continued excellence.
- Review of Policies & Regulations
10.1 Financial Regulations – Due to new regulations being released, review was postponed to May meeting of committee.
10.2 Insurance Cover – consideration of additional insurance issues (WSCC & New Leases) It was agreed to extend the insurance cover to coincide with the Council’s existing insurance policy.
10.3 Risk Register – accepted with amendments
10.4 Asset Register – accepted with amendments
- General/Late Correspondence – none
- Councillor/Clerk exchange of information
Cllr AP – attended the Financial Clinic (WALC) agenda items included the Transparency Code and Year End Preparation
Cllr BH – asked that more cycle routes be requested
Cllr DC – reminded Cllrs of the single item meeting to discuss grant funding allocation for 2016/17 on 14th March, 10.30am
- Date of next Committee meeting 24th May 2016
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.15pm
(Completed 18 February 2016)