WELLESBOURNE PARISH COUNCIL

The minutes of Wellesbourne Sports and Community Centre Committee meeting on Tuesday 15th March 2016 at 8.15pm at the Parish Council Office, 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Prior  Councillors: Mrs Bartlett, Heaton, Mrs Hurdman, Kendall, Mrs Michael, Thomas

Clerk: Mrs Scriven    Non Council members of committee: Mrs Cook, Mrs Woodhouse   Members of public: 0

  1. Welcome
  1. Apologies for absence – Mr Dowsett, Mr Coleman
  1. Declarations of Interest – none
  1. Confirmation of the Order of the Agenda – agreed
  1. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none
  1. Confirmation of the Minutes of the meeting 12th January 2016 – Agreed with amendments.

Cllr VB asked that the word “permanent” be placed in paragraph appertaining to the Youth Service being given a room in item 11

Cllr CM asked the word frugal to be changed to “prudent” in item 11

  1. Matters arising (not within the agenda)

7.1        Potential reduced build cost update – Cllr Mrs Bartlett confirmed she had arranged for an interested party to view the site

Action: Site visit with Chairman to enable a quote to be given within 10 days By: Cllrs AP & VB
  1. Open session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – no public present
  1. Contract update – Cllr AP

9.1        Update on work schedule progress at meeting 11th February 2016 – Cllr AP said the contractor was one week behind on the external work but were ahead with the internal work due to the inclement weather conditions and she would send an electronic copy of the work schedule to all members. Cllr BH had taken a photographic record of the progression of works on site.

9.2        Additional insurance cover update (Parish Council) – Cllr AP said the additional cover was in place to ensure all aspects of Council liability had been covered to coincide with the completion of the works.

SEC 106 money- there had been notification of SEC 106 money from SDC of approx. £36,000 and it was agreed this should be put in full to the cost of the MUGA. Cllr Kendall to look into what SEC 106 money remains for Wellesbourne.

10         Fundraising – Cllr AP/Wendy Woodhouse

10.1      Crowd Funding – the Clerk/RFO raised concern about the ability of the administrator for Crowd Funding to be able to make refund payments from the Council account without requesting permission first.

Recommendation to enquire if payment guard is available on direct debit/BACS for Crowd Funding Account and to proceed with the set up if safeguards can be implemented Prop – Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr DK carried

10.2      Draft WSCC Leaflet – Cllr CM

Recommendation to approve draft leaflet with suggested amendments for print and distribution up to £600 inclusive Prop – Cllr CM, 2nd Cllr DK carried

It was agreed to run a competition to design a logo for the Sports Centre open to all age groups in the Parish

Action: Include competition details and terms, in May W&WNews By: Cllr AP

10.3      Information on and consideration of funding through the Public Works Loan Board – Cllr AP spoke to members about the PWLB criteria for loans and it was agreed to add this to the May Full Council agenda for further consideration.

Action: Agenda item for Full Council – Public Works Loans Board By: Cllr AP
  1. Charitable Status – Cllr AP

11.1      Charitable purposes feedback from meeting with Council Solicitors 10th March – Cllr AP said the meeting had been most informative and there had been a Barrister in attendance who specialises in Charitable Status. The Council’s solicitor was currently putting together a document for the Parish Council to consider. It was noted that the role of Parish Councillors as Trustees had been raised, query of conflict of interest or loyalties, and the Clerk was to check the position with the Monitoring Officer.

Action: Check position of Trustee Councillors with Monitoring Officer at SDC By: Clerk
  1. Cllrs, Clerk and non-members Exchange of Information

Mrs Cook asked if Equidebt had funded provision of a crossing at Grange Gardens. Cllr DK to speak with Cllr AP on the matter.

  1. Date of next meeting 17th May 2016

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.20pm

Chairman…Cllr Mrs Prior….        Signed……………………                        Date……………………..   (completed 30.3.16)

112