Highways, Environment & Emergency committee meeting, 31/10/17 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Highways/Environment/Emergency Committee of the Council on Tuesday 31st October 2017 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne
Present: Chairman Cllr Mrs Michael Councillors: Barritt, Jackson, Mann, Mrs Prior
Acting Clerk: Mrs Skinner Co-opted members: Mrs Cook, Mr Lawley Members of public: 1

1. Welcome

2. Apologies for Absence – Cllrs Mrs Bolton, Shepherd

3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – item of late correspondence to go after 10.3 – agreed

4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – none

5. Declarations of Interest Cllr Mrs Michael declared a non-pecuniary interest in item 9.4 as a resident of Church Street
Mrs Cook declared a non-pecuniary interest in item 9.4 as a resident of Church Street Cllr Barritt declared a non-pecuniary interest in item 12.2 as a resident of Ettington Park
Cllr Jackson declared a non-pecuniary interest in item 12.2 as a resident of Ettington Park

6. Confirmation of the Minutes of the Highways, Environment and Emergency Committee meeting, 12th September 2017 – accepted – Proposed Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr RB, agreed

7. Matters arising (not included in the agenda)
7.1 Bollards on Newbold Road – have now been replaced. Bollards in Chestnut Square to be installed by contractor to fit in with their work pattern.
7.2 Extra paid services from SDC dog warden: Office has contacted the dog warden department; no response yet.
7.3 Replacement of WSCC dog bin / placing of stickers on all general bins: awaiting appointment of new handyman.
Remove dog signs at Mountford playing field which are causing confusion Cllr RB offered to do this in the absence of a Handyman
7.4 Chestnut Square bus shelter repainting
Contact contractor to discuss recent vandalism and seek advice By office
Arrange meeting with SDC / Cllr AP / Cllr CM to discuss cleanliness of underpass and issues in the vicinity By office
Contact contractor to discuss bench base in Chestnut Square installed in incorrect position and vandalism to other bases By office
Information to go into Wellesbourne & Walton News to inform residents not to deposit dog mess in public bins but to place it in their own where practicable Cllr AP

8. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish – none

9. Highways issues
9.1 Application to Warwickshire County Council signage grant scheme
Cllr Mrs Parry raised at WCC and signage was discussed.
Arrange meeting with Sam Hansen (WCC), Andrew McGuigan (Griffen) and Cllrs to discuss signage By Cllr CM
9.2 Mountford Close provision of temporary one-way signs – deferred to next meeting
9.3 WCC School Safety Zones and Routes programme for 2018/2019 and 2019/2020
Ascertain what action school wants to take, if any Cllr AP
9.4 Residents’ parking permits for Church Street/Bridge Street
Issues discussed and decided no action would be taken

10. Environment issues
10.1 Public rights of way – deferred to next meeting
10.2 Graffiti removal: update on tour of village with Community Payback scheme –
Community Payback team invited to establish extent of graffiti removal needed Cllr CM to progress
10.3 Anti-social behaviour in Dovehouse subway
Previous PCSO had good rapport with young people, now new PCSO in the area
Arrange meeting with SDC to discuss cleaning schedule at underpass and layby By office
Undergrowth next to layby to be thinned during winter months – phase one to clear scrub, phase two to reduce height of trees if necessary. It is WCC land and they will provide a skip. By lengthsman once appointed
Better fencing suggested for area adjacent to underpass – approach WCC By Cllr CM / office
Sound emitters to deter young people to be investigated By Cllr CM / office
Work with Co-op to improve security of the store site Cllr CM
Possible extra CCTV from Section 106 monies Cllr AP / office
Include information in Wellesbourne & Walton News Cllr AP

10.4 Email received from resident regarding open space at rear of Hampdon Way.

page 72

The area has been cleared but not completely and some areas where young people gather are still overgrown.
Contact SDC to complete clearance By office

11. Emergency issues
11.1 Meeting with National Flood Forum
Arrange rescheduled meeting after postponement of previous one By office

11.2 Proposal to invite Mark Banning (WCC Waterways) to meet the
Invite Mark Banning to meet committee after rescheduled meeting with National Flood Forum has taken place Cllr CM

11.3 Proposal to apply to WCC Flood Grant Scheme (£5,000 maximum) to set up a Flood Prevention Group
Grant applied for – no further information received to date.

11.4 Information about locations of defibrillators to be placed on Parish Council noticeboards
Put location of defibrillators on enclosed notice boards and at other strategic locations eg WSCC, Chedham’s Yard By office

12. General committee issues
12.1 Committee budget 2017/2018: review
Committee had kept within budget

12.2 Committee budget 2018/2019:
New item requested – dog and litter bins at Ettington Park. Developers should pay for these and arrange for SDC to empty them.
Write to Ettington Park developer and SDC By office

Laminated maps of public rights of way to be laminated and go onto enclosed notice boards, maps to be included in Annual Report – £200 added
Budget of £34,500 proposed by Cllr CM, 2nd by Cllr SJ, carried

13. Councillor, Clerk and non-Council members of Committee exchange of information
New Cllrs requested copy of Emergency Plan prior to review at next meeting
Mrs Cook enquired about start date of new Doctor’s Surgery, requested an update on River Dene pollution and enquired whether the wall by the White Bridge has been repaired
Mr Lawley informed the meeting that The Precinct has undergone some tidying up and more is planned including benches and planters. There has been financial support from Walton Estate.
Cllr SJ enquired as to the outcome of the speed survey.
Cllr CM reported a street light is not working.

14. Date of next meeting – 12th December 2017

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.05pm

Chairman Cllr Mrs Michael

Signed C Michael

Date 12/12/17

Completed 7/11/17 KMS

page 73