Highways, Environment & Emergency committee meeting, 12/09/2017 – minutes

WELLESBOURNE and WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Highways/Environment/Emergency Committee of the Council on
Tuesday 12th September 2017 at 7.30pm at the Parish Council Office at 2 School Road, Wellesbourne

Present: Chairman: Cllr Mrs Michael Councillors:Barritt, Mrs Bolton, Jackson, Mrs Prior Clerk: Mrs Scriven
Co-opted members: Mrs Cook, Mr Lawley Members of public: 5

1. Welcome – Cllrs Barritt and Jackson were welcomed to the committee

2. Apologies for Absence – None

3. Confirmation of the order of the Agenda – Swap 9.4 with 9.3, add at 10.11 Environment issues – quotes for painting the bus shelter in Chestnut Square – agreed

4. Identification of any items that might be resolved for confidential session – Item 10.11 Bus shelter painting – agreed

5. Declarations of Interest – None

6. Confirmation of the Minutes
Highways, Environment and Emergency Committee meeting, 25th July 2017 Amendments: Item Bollard – remove “Chestnut Square” agreed with amendments

7. Matters arising (not included in the agenda)
7.1 CCTV reports – now to be received quarterly
7.2
WCC – tiling on underpass and railings at Bridge Street crossing Update: added to the County Council job list
Action: Chase progress as now two years & invite Cllr Parry to get involved
By: Office
7.3 School Road/Baden House/Kineton Road – overhanging vegetation removal – letters sent and acknowledged by residents
7.4
Damaged bollards on Newbold Road to be replaced – response from One Stop Update: no response received Response awaited

8. Open Session for members of the public to raise any matters of relevance to the Parish
Mr Wright, Ettington Close, asked what remit the proposed Flood Action Group would have, stating that County Council have
information relating to Newbold brook from 2001 and expressing there would be no point in evidence gathering when it had
already been done.
Mr Colin, Church Street said the Council had shown a failure of duty of care to residents by not objecting to the Kings Head
planning application with the same response given to the Bargain Booze application.

9. Highways issues
9.1 Report of meeting with Andrew McGuigan, Griffen Developments, re Wellesbourne Distribution Park – noted.
9.2 It was agreed the road markings and signs for the Distribution Park were inadequate and noted that there was no budget for installation from the Distribution Park or Parish Council

9.3 Mountford Close – provision of temporary one-way signs Unofficial one way system sign – letter to residents
22 responses were received from 74 houses, 13 approved, 8 objected, 1 undecided.

9.4 Proposal to request meeting with WCC Highways Safety Officers about Distribution Park and traffic island opposite Sainsbury’s Resolution: to contact Anne Parry requesting item for Transport Budget &
to give WCC details to Mr McGuigan

Recommendation to get templates of signs and costings for Cllr AP to discuss with the Head of the school Governors.

Recommendation to wait until Mr McGuigan had received response from WCC. By Office
9.5
Application to Warwickshire County Council signage grant scheme Action: contact the scheme By Cllr CM

10. Environment issues
10.1 The Lengthsman Scheme: Update from Clerk – meeting to be arranged
10.2
Public rights of way five paths reported, one path cleared Action: Work schedule required from Lengthsman By: Clerk
10.3

Page 51

Proposal for designation of Local Nature Reserve/Wildlife Site Action: Contact SDC for their policy By:Office
10.4
Waste bin for Walton Update: Bin ordered and installation moved to urgent on the job schedule No more action

10.5
Graffiti removal: update on Community Payback scheme & discussion of alternative ways to arrange removal Clerk awaiting a return call
10.6
Designated area for dogs Suggested “dog zone & fouling area” was discussed and considered unsuitable No further action
10.7
Extra paid services – SDC dog warden Action: Contact SDC to see if possible & how administrated By: Office
10.8
Litter & dog bins provision and emptying Action: reinstate bin at WSCC – place stickers on bins saying any bin can be used for dog fouling provided properly wrapped By: Office
10.9
Bollards on Chestnut Square Ready for installation No further action
10.10
Fence line clearance of ivy/application herbicide – Quote Action: Quote approved, instruct contractor By: Office
10.11 Moved to confidential as relates to contract

11. Emergency issues
11.1
Meeting with Shipston Flood Action Group (SAFAG) Discussion on proactive/reactive flood alleviation No further action
11.2
Proposal to arrange meeting with National Flood Forum Action: arrange meeting with National Flood Forum By Office
11.3
Invite Mark Banning (WCC Waterways) to meet the committee Action: Arrange after meeting with Flood Forum By: Office
11.4
Proposal to apply to WCC Flood Grant Scheme (£5,000 maximum) to set up a Flood Action Group Action: put together case for flood grant for flood group to investigate local flooding By: Office

12. General committee issues
12.1 Committee budget 2017/2018 – Cllrs reviewed the budget against expenditure for the year to date.
12.2 Committee budget 2018/2019 – Cllrs considered the required budget and produced a draft budget for consideration

13. Councillor, Clerk and non-Council members of Committee exchange of information
Update on Hastings House and Dog Close lease – nothing new to report
Repairs to the wall at White Bridge remained outstanding but SDC Enforcement team were now dealing with the matter
Action taken about damage to trees by Whitehead Drive resident – reported to police who have spoken with the resident
No contact from the Police in relation to changes of personnel locally – Chairman to contact Inspector Brierley
Hedge at junction of Loxley Road/Dovehouse Drive obscuring visual splay – request WCC carry out regular hedge/verge maintenance
Housing development signs on street furniture obscuring the visual splay at Stratford Road – request removal or replacing of sign

14. Date of next meeting – 31st October 2017

Resolution to go into confidential session for reasons of commercial sensitivity – prop Cllr AP, 2nd Cllr SJ carried
Under section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest, as if members of the public were present during the consideration of such business, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information under paras 1 and 11 and Part 1 Schedule 12A of the said Act, that the public will be excluded.
10.11
Paint Chestnut Square bus shelter– quotes Cllrs accepted the quote from AMW (Prop Cllr AP 2nd Cllr SJ)
Action: Confirm with contractor to proceed with the required work By: Office

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.30pm

Chairman Cllr Mrs Michael
Signed Cllr Mrs Michael
Date 31.10.17
Completed 27th September 2017

Page 52